Corsair Community

Massive CPU usage with CUE

Koffe

Hey! So I recently bought the Corsair Void wireless headset, and long story short, CUE makes my PC lag HARD every time I launch anything sound related my CPU usage suddenly spikes to 80% or more for about 20-30 seconds. And it's insanely annoying.

I confirmed that it's something to do with either using these drivers on windows 10 or these drivers / CUE at all . By removing them I could use it fine for 10+ hours but the mic and sound quality was crap. And once I installed the drivers again I'd get the high CPU usage again.

I Tried the Microsoft forums but all they had to say was "Hurr durr enhancements in playback?" And no it doens't help cause I there is no enhancements at all in playback. There was 1 other "Fix" which I tried which didn't help either.

And also the process which causes it to lag from windows is "audiodg.exe" or in the task manager "Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation".

And please don't say it's my PC, cause my old Corsair Vengeance 2100 works just fine, headbuds, just fine etc etc. This headset's drivers / CUE causes this windows process to go completely insane on CPU usage. I tried to reinstall CUE and resetting to default, and it just doesn't work, I'll probably try installed windows 7 again instead since I never had aný issues with this on windows 7, can't expect much though since the audiodg.exe is on window vista and forward.

Any help is greatly appreciated. :)

The drivers for the wireless headset have some weird issues. I suggest doing the following, exactly:

1. Unplug the USB dongle and charging cable.

2. Completely uninstall CUE.

3. Reboot.

4. Install CUE.

5. Reboot.

6. Connect the USB dongle. By this point, everything should work fine. If it doesn't, however, reboot again. By this point, everything is hopefully working. This is what I had to do to get it working right.

If after all that, it still doesn't work, then hopefully someone from Corsair can help you!

I haven't tried it in these steps by any guide etc, but I did try it technically while I started using my 2100 vengeance headset again, and unfortunately it only worked for maybe 30 minutes before the lag started again. :/

• 2 months later...

I too am having this issue, since the day i purchased the Corsair Void headsets when I am doing anything on my PC, at about 1 hour or so into it the CPU usage spikes due to audiodg.exe using all available CPU. If Corsair is indeed aware of this issue, i would appreciate a quick reply as to how to fix it. I am running windows 10 and everywhere i look they tell me to disable all enhancements to the sound device, but in windows 10, there is NOT a disable all enhancements option for these headphones. PLEASE HELP!

Only work around i have found is to keep the speaker properties open and once this occurs, switch the sound quality from CD to DVD or vice-versa and it "resets" the audiodg.exe file until it acts up again in about an hour or so.

• 8 months later...

Hey, guys, I don't know if you're still having this problem but if so, I found a solution! :D At least for me it was.

I have a Corsair Sabre RGB optical gaming mouse and I also had this issue with CUE using a lot of CPU time, so after fiddling inside the program, I found that what was causing this was the option "Enable SDK" on Settings > Program tab that was enabled. Just uncheck that option and it should do the trick :) I went from having constant 30% + CPU usage while idle to 3% or 4%

Screenshot_269.png

If you're using my software and piping it through the SDK, that could definitely spike usage, since I send far more data through it than CUE does. Otherwise, I can't think of any reason that would happen.

I've not had this happen on any of my three computers running CUE with a VOID. If I encounter it, I'll try to figure out what's going on.

Archived