Corsair Community

iCue not working when resuming from sleep

ninoz

Hi

I have an issue with iCue when resuming from sleep. The RGB colours on the fans and CPU block default to the rainbow and iCue is unable to see any of my corsair parts, I need to reboot to get them working again.

Motherboard: Asus Prime X470

AIO: Corsair H150i Pro

PSU: HX850i

Corsair Lighting node pro for the fans.

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I ended up writing a little bat file:

sc stopCorsairService

sc stop CorsairGamingAudioConfig

taskkill /f /im iCue.exe

taskkill /f /im Corsair.Service.exe

taskkill /f /im Corsair.Service.DisplayAdapter.exe

taskkill /f /im Corsair.Service.CpuIdRemote64.exe

sc start CorsairService

sc start CorsairGamingAudioConfig

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE Software\iCUE.exe"

But when iCue restarts things are missing like the PSU howver the AIO is there which is the post important.

I need help with this too, whenever my PC goes to sleep or even locks I lose complete control over my Commander PRO and lose all my temp sensors, voltage readouts, and fan performance numbers, but most importantly my coolant temps (I'm running a hydroX build). To top that off I also can no longer control my ram. I tried doing a service restart but the issue persists, I also try to restart my pc and the issue persists. The only way to fix this is to completely power off the PC remove the Powercord and try to boot my computer (which will purge any leftover capacitors) and then plug it back in and boot it up. Please help this is getting very annoying, Please

• 5 months later...

Something that ended up working well for me was to use the code that ninoz shared above to create a bat file that I placed into a folder and then used Windows Task Scheduler to run the bat file every time I log in. Works great!

sc stopCorsairService

sc stop CorsairGamingAudioConfig

taskkill /f /im iCue.exe

taskkill /f /im Corsair.Service.exe

taskkill /f /im Corsair.Service.DisplayAdapter.exe

taskkill /f /im Corsair.Service.CpuIdRemote64.exe

sc start CorsairService

sc start CorsairGamingAudioConfig

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE Software\iCUE.exe"

But when iCue restarts things are missing like the PSU howver the AIO is there which is the post important.

Ninoz: Have you tried disconnecting, counting to 5 and then reconnecting the Link cable between the PSU and motherboard after resuming from sleep? If not could you give it a go and see if it restores the PSU readings/control, and let us know? Would be interesting to hear.:sunglasse

My H100i pro does this when i wake from windows sleep. Everything else is fine. Reboot needed to get it going again. Also notice in ICUE im unable to change pump speed or fan speed until i do the reboot.

• 2 months later...
Hi

I have an issue with iCue when resuming from sleep. The RGB colours on the fans and CPU block default to the rainbow and iCue is unable to see any of my corsair parts, I need to reboot to get them working again.

Motherboard: Asus Prime X470

AIO: Corsair H150i Pro

PSU: HX850i

Corsair Lighting node pro for the fans.

thanks

To fix this !!! Go to "Device and Printer" --> click right on the "Corsair Device" --> click "Troubleshoot" and "Run" --> Window will fix the problem automatically!!!

After that problem "iCue not working when resuming from sleep" will fixed!!!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19HTq3cH5Ni92rIo-Nx_YIRV4zcsypF5p/view?usp=sharing

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have the exact same problem but with my keyboard. After I wake my pc (Windows 10) from sleep, iCUE doesn't detect my keyboard. This means that my configured profiles with shortcuts and lighting settings do not work.

For me there is an easy temporary workaround fix, I can just unplug and replug my keyboard, but this shouldn't be the fix, iCUE should just work.

For such a big company I find iCUE a very bad application. An enthusiastic community can make a better open-source program.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 11 months later...

I have simillare problem. My K100 RGB breaks after wake up (not always). iCue restart its only way to work again. C'mon Crosair. Repair it. There are tons of topics about that issue. Still no solution!!!! I have most expensive keyboard form You and so stupid issue with software!

• 4 months later...

2+ years later and this is still a problem. Not even sleeping, lock screen with screensaver is enough to stop the current lighting pattern (watercolour) and replace it with some basic RGB chase. Sleeping still does this too. Sometimes icue will start again if forced but most of the time it doesn't, or it starts and quits again, and a reboot is required. Mouse DPI is all out of whack, keyboard colours are non existent, ram isn't animating... it's a joke.

I've spent a fortune on Corsair in a new build and for this not to work properly is infuriating.

4 hours ago, Fatbat said:

2+ years later and this is still a problem. Not even sleeping, lock screen with screensaver is enough to stop the current lighting pattern (watercolour) and replace it with some basic RGB chase. Sleeping still does this too. Sometimes icue will start again if forced but most of the time it doesn't, or it starts and quits again, and a reboot is required. Mouse DPI is all out of whack, keyboard colours are non existent, ram isn't animating... it's a joke.

I've spent a fortune on Corsair in a new build and for this not to work properly is infuriating.

After much searching and frustration I have come to learn how the hardware lighting works. Why can't icue just have a toggle in the interface that says, "turn off lighting when locked or sleeping"? Why do I have to jump through all these hoops to make this work properly?

Still leaves us with the problem of icue not working after sleep, closing and unable to run again after sleep, etc. So annoying.

So is anyone from Corsair going to answer as to why icue always crashes and refuses to run after sleeping... or not even sleeping, but even just lock? Or has to be restarted? Or the system rebooted? Or some completely unecessary, but brilliant, custom BAT file run?

Another annoying issue... H150 Elite LCD screen doesn't have a simple dark option for the hardware screen. "Default" is a static lit image. Why?

Who is responsible for UI/UX of icue? I'd like to have a word.

3 hours ago, Fatbat said:

So is anyone from Corsair going to answer as to why icue always crashes and refuses to run after sleeping... or not even sleeping, but even just lock? Or has to be restarted? Or the system rebooted? Or some completely unecessary, but brilliant, custom BAT file run?

Another annoying issue... H150 Elite LCD screen doesn't have a simple dark option for the hardware screen. "Default" is a static lit image. Why?

Who is responsible for UI/UX of icue? I'd like to have a word.

why icue always crashes and refuses to run after sleeping.

Because not everyone or no one has this issue. You should check your rig instead

H150 Elite LCD screen doesn't have a simple dark option for the hardware screen. "Default" is a static lit image. Why?

because it's not design specific for you or anyone. It's designed for everyone. Don't know what you mean "Dark", but just put a black image for hardware screen, then you get it.

• Corsair Employee
23 hours ago, Fatbat said:

After much searching and frustration I have come to learn how the hardware lighting works. Why can't icue just have a toggle in the interface that says, "turn off lighting when locked or sleeping"? Why do I have to jump through all these hoops to make this work properly?

Still leaves us with the problem of icue not working after sleep, closing and unable to run again after sleep, etc. So annoying.

Hey there, when a system is put to sleep the OS and all apps that are running are suspended to memory. If iCUE is having issues resuming the service after the system wakes from sleep may be being caused by running other third party RGB or Hardware Monitoring software being installed or running on the system.

10 hours ago, John Hoang said:

Because not everyone or no one has this issue. You should check your rig instead

because it's not design specific for you or anyone. It's designed for everyone. Don't know what you mean "Dark", but just put a black image for hardware screen, then you get it.

Don't you think it's pretty silly that it doesn't just come with a black image by default, or a toggle that says, "turn off when sleeping".

The "rig" is a brand new build with freshly installed Windows 11 and freshly installed iCue. There should be nothing to conflict with.

It's almost entirely Corsiar save for the motherboard and CPU of course, since Corsair doesn't make those things, and Samsung NVMe and SSDs. The build is:

ROG Strix Z690-E WiFi motherboard
Intel Core i9-12900KS CPU
2 x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO Series NVMes (and some other SATA SSDs)
Corsair AX1600i PSU
Corsair H150I Elite cooler
Corsair Dominator DDR5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) 6000MHz
Corsair iCUE QL120 RGB fans x 7
Corsair Commander Pro
Corsair 5000D case
Corsair sleeved cable kit
Already existing Corsair K70 and M65 mouse and keyboard
Trying to find a ROG Strix RTX 4090 online for sale here in Europe has been impossible, so there's an old GTX 980 in there for now.

Now, given that almost all the above comes form the same manufacturer, I would like to think you should be able to plug it all together and have it just work. But no, of course not. The manuals are horrific and I've had to spend massive amounts of time scouring the web for information and answers to troubleshoot problems that shouldn't exist. The H150i elite lcd firmware would not update for about 10 tries. 6 fans work great, but god help you if you add a 7th fan. Good luck in getting that to work with any of the timings of the provided or downloadable RGB chase patterns.

So while I agree that, "it not designed for me speficically", I certainly do expect better. I'm 50 years old and have been building "rigs" for many years. This is isn't my first rodeo, but this has been, to some degree, the most frustrating experience of my computing life.

11 hours ago, Corsair Raven said:

Hey there, when a system is put to sleep the OS and all apps that are running are suspended to memory. If iCUE is having issues resuming the service after the system wakes from sleep may be being caused by running other third party RGB or Hardware Monitoring software being installed or running on the system.

ASUS Armory Crate is installed as it's the only way to get the ASUS mobo to play nicely with and show up in iCUE. Other than that, none of the My ASUS or ASUS AI Suite stuff is installed. There's no other RGB or hardware monitoring software running. iCUE stops running maybe 50% of the time coming out of lock screen or sleep. It just shuts down and closes. Any other ideas? Sorry for being grumpy, but this hasn't been fun. Thanks for your help.

Edited by Fatbat