Corsair Community

K95 RGB. Worth purchasing at the moment?

Rapidfire01

Hi folks,

I'm looking into purchasing the K95 RGB keyboard, but I've seen quite a few posts saying about RGB failing, keyboard locking up, macro keys stop working, and the CUE software not being up to much.

Are the faults with the keyboard software or hardware related? Does the firmware cause the RGB etc to stop working?

Do you recommend waiting for the next CUE software release before purchasing the keyboard?

Is there a current working CUE version that everybody with a K95 agrees works perfectly?

Thanks

• Corsair Employee
As far as I am concerned the K95 RGB works with the CUE software without issues. Some of the incidents you see on here could be a corner case or an isolated issue. Our Gaming peripherals is backed by a 2 year warranty, so if anything happens we will take care of you.

One of the best things I should mention about the K95 that no other keyboard can do is live macro recording. Meaning you can record a macro without exiting your program!

My "ancient" Logitech G510 can do this :P

As far as I am concerned the K95 RGB works with the CUE software without issues. Some of the incidents you see on here could be a corner case or an isolated. Our Gaming peripherals is backed by a 2 year warranty, so if anything happens we will take care of you.

Do you get prepaid returns now with Corsair?

Also, do you want to wait for a K95 Lux, if one is ever released?

First I've heard of a 'Lux' version, something ground breaking with it?

@Tizdale; I'm using a G15, that can also do live macro recording. I'd keep on using my G15, but a couple of keys are starting to give up the ghost.

My current keyboard has lasted me coming up 10 years odd, and I think I could get another year out of it. I'm expecting a Corsair K95 to last the same or better (being mechanical)

I would say read reviews and go with your what YOU WANT. I am sure it is a great keyboard. I never liked dedicated macro keys on my keyboard but if that is something you like, and you have had keyboards in the past with dedicated macro keys then go for it if it is in your price range.

There are not many mechs with dedicated macro keys on the market so you have limited options as far as I know. I love my k70 lux compared to my other brown switch mechs (probably because it is the first one i have with pretty lights) but I am sure the k95 is great.

edit: maybe you should wait on the k95 LUX

That would be what I would do if I l liked dedicated macro keys. There are not too many changes to the LUX but enough to make a difference especially if you like RGB lighting AND the price is the same.

@Tizdale; I'm using a G15, that can also do live macro recording. I'd keep on using my G15, but a couple of keys are starting to give up the ghost.

My current keyboard has lasted me coming up 10 years odd, and I think I could get another year out of it. I'm expecting a Corsair K95 to last the same or better (being mechanical)

The fonts are different on the keys, it has slightly better firmware coming down the pipeline I believe. A lot less issues in general. From what I have heard from friends it is basically just a fix to the problems the k70 had with driver problems, plug and play, ect.

I own one myself and love it but as far as "ground breaking" I am not so sure yet since I have not had the LUX for long

No Corsair does not give prepaid labels except in special circumstances.

The fonts are different on the keys, it has slightly better firmware coming down the pipeline I believe. A lot less issues in general. From what I have heard from friends it is basically just a fix to the problems the k70 had with driver problems, plug and play, ect.

I own one myself and love it but as far as "ground breaking" I am not so sure yet since I have not had the LUX for long

The Lux series does have new keycaps with a wider font to allow more light through. But it does not contain any driver fixes or upgraded firmware. They contain a updated lighting controller that allows for 16.8 million color lighting and includes one USB 2.0 pass through.

I just ordered two K95 RGB and I'll be pissed if the Lux version comes out in the next six months. I am already replacing two regular K95s which have served me well but most of the lights are dead and the Corsair software isn't truly compatible with Windows 10.

TBH odds are more then likely that a K95 LUX will come out in the new 6 months

Archived