Corsair Community

Corsair iCue The Laptop Battery Eater

WR4P-TP

Hello,

I just received my new Legion 7i laptop with iCUE lighting software and it is eating my battery almost 1% every min. While doing nothing. Can't keep the laptop plugged all the time. This not a desktop. Please fix it as early as possible and release a laptop version. Uninstall fix the issue. I get approx. 5hrs of life. But then whole laptop turns into a rainbow monkey(default). Yes I have formatted my laptop as well. Getting same result after installing iCUE. This software is definitely not tested or designed for laptops.:mad:

Thank you.

Hello,

I found a fix(for now) to deal with this issue. I will wait for Corsair to investigate and bring permanent fix to this problem. Real culprit is “Corsair Services”. I don’t know what it does. Anyways here it is.

Open Services.msc>Search “Corsair Services”> Open “Properties”> Disable + Stop. Done. No more battery draining issue.

No need to disable any other Corsair service.

• 2 months later...
No need to uninstall the iCUE software.

Hey, I'm pretty new to using this software but just bought a lenovo legion 7i and hope to avoid this battery drain issue! If I disable this iCue service you mentioned, does this mean I'm stuck with the rainbow puke rgb effect though?

Hey, I'm pretty new to using this software but just bought a lenovo legion 7i and hope to avoid this battery drain issue! If I disable this iCue service you mentioned, does this mean I'm stuck with the rainbow puke rgb effect though?

try disabling iCue from starting with windows, but leaving the service running. It should remember whatever you set for 'hardware lighting'

• 2 weeks later...

I had to stop the iCue software from starting and disable all 3 Corsair services as well to get the battery drain to stop. I did NOT uninstall the software.

I found on another forum that you can still control the lighting pattern somewhat using the Fn + Spacebar to select between about 4 different patterns? The lighting brightness still works as well using Fn + Up (or Down) arrows.

You can't assign your own patterns without iCue but at least I'm not stuck living on the iCue rainbow.

Hope this helps!

• 1 month later...
This comment concerns a battery leak issue on the Lenovo Legion 7 related to the ICUE app. I contacted Lenovo and was sent instructions on how to solve this problem. The problem was solved very simply, I used only one item from the instructions - reset the power system to the default settings. This helps to restart the power for all elements of the laptop again and in the right order. So. 1. I removed the ICUE app from my laptop when I was trying to solve the problem myself. So I had to re-download and install it from the site. If you did not delete the application, then it will be enough to update it. 2. I have updated the ICUE app to the latest version. 3. Turn off the laptop and disconnect the power supply and all connected external devices. 4. You need to hold down the power button and hold it for at least 60 seconds, I held it for a little more than a minute. 5. Press the power button and start the laptop. Everything! At this point, the problem disappeared and now with the backlight on and the ICUE application running, the laptop runs for an average of 5 hours.

This comment concerns a battery leak issue on the Lenovo Legion 7 related to the ICUE app. I contacted Lenovo and was sent instructions on how to solve this problem. The problem was solved very simply, I used only one item from the instructions - reset the power system to the default settings. This helps to restart the power for all elements of the laptop again and in the right order. So. 1. I removed the ICUE app from my laptop when I was trying to solve the problem myself. So I had to re-download and install it from the site. If you did not delete the application, then it will be enough to update it. 2. I have updated the ICUE app to the latest version. 3. Turn off the laptop and disconnect the power supply and all connected external devices. 4. You need to hold down the power button and hold it for at least 60 seconds, I held it for a little more than a minute. 5. Press the power button and start the laptop. Everything! At this point, the problem disappeared and now with the backlight on and the ICUE application running, the laptop runs for an average of 5 hours.

Unfortunatly, on my Legion 7i it didn't work. Holding 60 sec button only reset setting like "chargin only to 60%".

Had to uninstall iCue.

• 4 weeks later...
try disabling iCue from starting with windows, but leaving the service running. It should remember whatever you set for 'hardware lighting'

This doesn't work, but what you can do is start your laptop, open iCUE, after you pick the profile you want close iCUE all the way down (even from the system tray) it should stop the battery drain.

I wish there was a way to add your profiles to the Fn+Q settings, but that seems to be tied to the BIOS like the rainbow vomit at start up and shut down.