Corsair Community

M95 stops PC booting

birchyboy

Hello folks,

I have purchased a Corsair M95 gaming mouse, which is extremely well made. It’s now connected through a Trustlink 4-port hub, although I did do a direct connection for the firmware update.

I initially had some problem programming the buttons in the configuration screen, since I didn’t realise that one needs to click the macro record icon before selecting the button to program and then the keystrokes.

However, it all works fine now, until I reboot.

The BIOS appears not to recognise the mouse as a mouse and just keeps rebooting until I unplug either the keyboard USB or the mouse USB! I can then plug in either one after windows has started and it is detected servicing works fine. Plugging into the 4-port hub or a socket on the PC makes no difference. The M95 seems to be recognised as a keyboard!

The PC boots with no problem using an ordinary three button scroll USB mouse. I have tried altering all the relevant settings in the BIOS and it just won’t boot with the M65 whatever I do. This is pretty irritating. :mad:

Anyone got any ideas?

Just tried booting with the M95 and an old PS2 keyboard and the whole thing works fine.

I now seem to have the choice of an old non-gaming mouse and a new keyboard, or the M95 and a very old PS2 keyboard - neither choice appeals.

Having built all my computers in the last ten years, I'm also interested in the technical cause if anyone has any ideas ...

Archived