Corsair Community

LL120 suddenly flickering

I had this exact same problem today. 6 fans in channel 1. First 2 fans work ok, but fan 2 has an odd random colored led in it, and 3 through 6 just start going nuts.

I would suggest changing to static white and looking for the first fan in your series that has an led that isnt static white, then putting that one at the end and seeing if all others work.

If they do, rma the one with the busted led

• 3 weeks later...
so when mine started flickering, i went into icue and disabled the fans 1 by 1 ensuring to turn the fans back on if the flickering continued. knowing that if the flickering continued that was not the defective fan, once i disabled the defective fan, the flickering would stop on all the others, I then went through each individual LED on the defective fan repeating the process of disabling and re-enabling each LED until it stopped, in my case it turns out that just 1 LED on fan 4 was defective and now the flickering has stopped.

• 4 months later...
I have 14 fans in my rig and 3 Corsair commanders. I have my fans going from red to white with color wave and color shift in Icue. Also have all Corsair peripherals. 3 fans flicker constantly they try to match the pattern but still flicker with other colors as well. what is even more frustrating is these 3 fans share a corsair commander with other fans that are working fine. ICue shows all the fans working with my selected color and pattern. I have 5 peripherals and 11 fans that are working great. everything is up to date. Windows 10 pro 64bit OS

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Looks like I found the culprit! I didn't realize it from the angle i was originally inspecting the lights from, but tonight I really got a good look inside, and discovered that a couple leds on the ring of fan number 4, which was causing fan 5 and 6 to bug out like crazy. I even had a spare lightning node here to test just in case. In both tests, when i swapped no. 4 to the 6th slot, both my no 5 and 6 fan's LEDs behaved normally again! So im pretty positive now that I'll have to RMA this one LL140 fan.

Yeah same boat here.. I need to find which one is the culprit. But, I'm pretty sure I won't be able to RMA, I think it's been too long. Ordered in August 2018, then they sat there unopened for 6 months while I waited to get my hands on the new GPUs and CPUs at the time.. by the time it was built and ready to go, it was Feb 2019. No way I can RMA them now in Jan 2021. Guess ill have to buy some new ones..

Kinda lame though.. really the hassle of removing the fan(s) from the rad(s) is more annoying than spending a little more money lol. May require me to drain the loop and disconnect some tubing.. we'll see. Because of this, I was really hoping to find a software solution.. but looks like that's not likely (changing the order on the LED hub or Commander would be a lot easier than replacing a fan so maybe i can manage with one bad fan)

EDIT: sry for the necropost

• 3 months later...

I'm new here, so please bear with me while I get settled in.

As of yesterday I too have started having this problem, but it only started after I updated to the latest version of the software - v4.11.274. However I must add that it was purely coincidental and the software is not to blame (at least not for me). As it turns out it is one of the LED's on one of my fans that has died, which is causing the crazy flickering. I found an easy way to test which LED it is - as follows:-

1. Using the iCUE software click on Lighting Channel 1 - in my case I am only using one channel (If you are using 2 channels use the following steps on each channel)

2. From the Custom drop-down list select Static Colour - using White

3. Click on one of the LED Port images - you should now have only 1 LED on and all the others should be off

4. Click on each of the LED spots on the LED port images one at a time - if you have a bad LED it will show when you click on the spot of the bad LED

So it looks like I shall have to buy a new fan - although it should still be under warranty.

Edit - Just cleaned up some spelling mistakes

Edited by raysvq

• Corsair Employee

I have uninstalled, reinstalled, updated, downgraded ICUE and even swapped out new RGB hubs and commander Pro all to no avail. The #1 fan would work but all 5 fans after that would flicker, change random colors and go dark at random times.

This is not a software issue. It is the fans. I unplugged number 1 and moved it to number 6 and moved all others down a slot and now everything works. The LL120 fans are like cheap Christmas lights. One light out and all after are screwed up.

Just try it.

I'm new here, so please bear with me while I get settled in.

As of yesterday I too have started having this problem, but it only started after I updated to the latest version of the software - v4.11.274. However I must add that it was purely coincidental and the software is not to blame (at least not for me). As it turns out it is one of the LED's on one of my fans that has died, which is causing the crazy flickering. I found an easy way to test which LED it is - as follows:-

1. Using the iCUE software click on Lighting Channel 1 - in my case I am only using one channel (If you are using 2 channels use the following steps on each channel)

2. From the Custom drop-down list select Static Colour - using White

3. Click on one of the LED Port images - you should now have only 1 LED on and all the others should be off

4. Click on each of the LED spots on the LED port images one at a time - if you have a bad LED it will show when you click on the spot of the bad LED

So it looks like I shall have to buy a new fan - although it should still be under warranty.

Edit - Just cleaned up some spelling mistakes

Just an update - I now have a replacement set of LL140 fans under warranty - (thankfully). There was a faulty LED in one of the fans.

Replacement fans, controller and hub installed and flashing problem no longer a problem.

• 2 weeks later...