Corsair Community

Ironclaw RGB Wireless Broken wheel

I am on my Second Ironclaw and it broke on Sunday. Wheel wont spin just hangs. It was a replacement that i received last year for the same issue. I put in an RMA request so hopefully I can get this resolved soon.

Here is my info for the mouse

P/N: CH-9317011

S/N: 024919107348

• Corsair Employee
My replacement just started double clicking, just like the last one did before the wheel broke.

So now it's just a matter of time before the wheel breaks.

Don't think I can go through the RMA process again.

We're working on a FW update that should improve the behavior of the mouse. I don't have an ETA for release, but it is in the works right now. I'll provide an update once it's available.

My wheel just started spinning freely (not registering scroll, but middle click works) ~1 hour ago. Bought the Ironclaw RGB Wireless on September 1st 2020 (Amazon UK). Hope it helps Corsair track the failed batches.

RMA has been submitted.

After 6 months you can add me to the list with the exact same problem.

In the process of RMA through the store I bought it from.

@Corsair Nick:

S/N: 041320087301

Edited by Cerebr0

We're working on a FW update that should improve the behavior of the mouse. I don't have an ETA for release, but it is in the works right now. I'll provide an update once it's available.

I purchased the mice in November last year as well.

I really liked the mice. The only other problem was that every now and then the mice desynced and i had to put in the usb cable and resync it again. This resulted in a funny name of "Ironclaw rgb wireless (1) (1) (1) (1) (1) (1) (1) (1)" in icue.

30 min ago i was scrolling on a website and suddenly the mouse wheel was free spinning. Mouse wheel clicks are still working.

To be honest the scrolling were never the best but now it does not work at all.

I just wonder should i send it back or try to mod it like in the YouTube Videos?

P/n: CH-9317011

S/n: 157619067302

I had mine apart last night to fix an issue with one of the Omron switches. I decided to check out the mouse wheel while I was in there.

I'm no expert, but it does seem like a bad design. When you press down on the mouse wheel to click the button, it's using that tiny piece of plastic in the encoder as the fulcrum. If you look at the pictures others have posted, you can see there's thicker plastic and a collar in between the very small end and the wheel itself. You would think that rests on something so that the thicker part could bear the load, but there's not anything that actually contacts that in the mouse.

Whenever you press the mouse wheel, you're essentially splitting that load between the thick/long end that actually presses the button and the very thin end that's inside the encoder.

I would think adding a separate fulcrum in that spot I mentioned would help, or use a different encoder that would allow for a thicker end of the plastic. Hopefully something Corsair can consider.

I just bought one of these and saw this right before I purchased it. I am light gamer, so I hope this mouse holds up. Like others, I think the wheel should be made of metal, not plastic, but even that is not really needed. Most of my other mice do not have metal wheels, and I have never ever had one of them break! I got the mouse due to its size. It is among one of the most comfortable mice I have ever used for gaming. If it used AA batteries instead of a built in, non replaceable battery, it would be almost perfect. I got the mouse from Best Buy and bought their 2 year replacement plan on it, however, if this things breaks in the next month like others have, the way I use mice, I am returning it. This is a hardware problem that should be easy to fix. No firmware upgrade will fix it. The problem is also partially caused by the obsession to make these things lighter and lighter, which I do not understand. It is a MOUSE, not an anvil. ALL mice are lightweight! The way to making them lighter is to use thinner and more fragile pieces. Make these things better!!

• 1 month later...

Hi there!

I am new to forums, however, I hope I will be able to motivate some of you to DIY.

So I also have the Ironclaw RGB wireless. I have had it for a year now, I think, maybe less, doesn't matter.

My little brother has dropped it two times now, so I had to reassemble the mouse a few times to get it back to work.

Today I was working and the wheel just snapped off. It never happened both of those times, when my brother dropped it. Pure luck?

Now to the point why I am writing this.

I replaced the supporting plastic with an actual metal hexagon rod (you can see that in the pictures).

This is what I suggest for those who aren't afraid to experiment and have the tools to do it

1.thumb.jpg.321a2799d0dc4a30a5c24e1d3e2f4e6c.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.3dab2b502353ba3b82a4448a6bc39a86.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.0da44faaa5fd3c1b492f1d120135ebad.jpg

4.thumb.jpg.c09054819d0f511ff317298a07d554ec.jpg

5.thumb.jpg.9c634eb125c0cb5240418a9b91892ada.jpg

Hi, just to add another user with a broken scroll wheel,

just like many others here, this is the first time, in over 30 years of using mice this has happened, it was an inpulse purchase id admit, it felt nice in the hand.

im IT support and currently working remotely, at a time where obtaining a replacement mouse is not as straight forward or likely to be a quick process, for me to then find more users having the same problem and the replacments lasting weeks and that Corsair want to charge to rma a defective product is too much, to say ive been let down by this purchase is an understatement, i will therefore no longer purchase any corsair product again, and will advise all customers to steer clear, its clear the mouse is not fit for purpose.

• Corsair Employee
Thank you everyone for continuing to provide feedback. Again, our development teams have been working to improve the user experience with these mice. If you have experienced a failure, please provide me with the Lot Code/Serial number from the bottom of the mouse.

• Corsair Employee
I'm having the same issue. I've had the mouse for like a month. Coming from Razer mouse that I had for 10 years without a problem. Really dissapointed. Basic functionality with a mouse breaking, for a premium price.

That is unfortunate to hear you're experiencing issue. If you could, please provide the serial/lot code number from the label either on the box or on the underside of the mouse. It will be helpful in our ongoing investigation into this issue.

That is unfortunate to hear you're experiencing issue. If you could, please provide the serial/lot code number from the label either on the box or on the underside of the mouse. It will be helpful in our ongoing investigation into this issue.

Yep, I had the place I bought it at ship out a new one, but by the looks of it, it's just a question of when my next mice will die.

Really unfortunate, as this Ironclaw is the only mouse that is big enough for my hands. I almost never use the mouse 3 click either.

S/N: 009620227309

Do Corsair have a plan to fix this issue? As it seems to be quite evident that the material of the axis in the wheel seems to be at fault here.

• Corsair Employee
Yep, I had the place I bought it at ship out a new one, but by the looks of it, it's just a question of when my next mice will die.

Really unfortunate, as this Ironclaw is the only mouse that is big enough for my hands. I almost never use the mouse 3 click either.

S/N: 009620227309

Do Corsair have a plan to fix this issue? As it seems to be quite evident that the material of the axis in the wheel seems to be at fault here.

Thank you for sending the info I requested. We taken steps to improve the user experience with this product, and reduce the chance of this type of failure. My recommendation would be to submit a ticket through our support site for an RMA.

https://support.corsair.com/

• 2 weeks later...

Sigh. Same issue here too... mouse wheel defective. The middle click still works, but the wheel freely spins with no traction/resistance/friction and it doesn't scroll anymore.

I can always tell when the mouse wheel is about to break as the scroll wheel starts to make a clicking noise and then something inside just snaps.

This is the THIRD replacement from Corsair I'll be receiving through the RMA process (since they're unable to refund me or let me have a different mouse) for the same problem each time. I also had a replacement from Amazon not long after I bought it too so I'm actually at four replacements now.

It's kind of a joke at this point. Don't buy this mouse.

Thank you for sending the info I requested. We taken steps to improve the user experience with this product, and reduce the chance of this type of failure. My recommendation would be to submit a ticket through our support site for an RMA.

https://support.corsair.com/

Hi Nick.

I've seen you state various times that Corsair has taken steps to improve the user experience with this product. Considering I'll be on my 4th mouse soon for the same exact reason as stated in my above post, what steps are those? What tangible difference has been made? What is Corsairs plan because repeated RMA isn't fixing the problem.

Hi Nick.

I've seen you state various times that Corsair has taken steps to improve the user experience with this product. Considering I'll be on my 4th mouse soon for the same exact reason as stated in my above post, what steps are those? What tangible difference has been made? What is Corsairs plan because repeated RMA isn't fixing the problem.

well i dont want another one and want a refund its taken over a week to get a shipping label and get approved for a rma.

cant see any point sending out defective replacements when they know it is going to fail again and be weeks without a replacement is not on at all!

how many will it take 5 10 15 100 The legal term to use here is the “right to reject under the Consumer Rights Act”,

• 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employee
ticket number is (2004002296

i got this from scan but nothing is in stock!

Unfortunately I'm not able to see your ticket as I'm apart of a different department. If you could, please provide the S/N from the tag on the mouse, that will be helpful.

Hi Nick.

Understandable after having 4 repeats of the same/similar issue. Can't go into details, but enhancements have been made to improve the product experience and reduce the chance of these types of issues to occur. If you could, please provide the S/N from the tag on the mouse you currently have, and the previous ones too if you have them available.