Corsair Community

Corsair why $20 limit on rebates

pcguy

Corsair

Why on earth do you limit legit purchases of a PS and case which have a $10 and $20 rebate ($30 in total) to a total of $20 per household?

"Limit one offer per envelope and one offer per name/household/address."

"Receive Up to a $20 Prepaid Mastercard"

We have to wait over 2 months for this prepaid MC with per transaction fees to show up. Do you want to piss off your users?

• Corsair Employee

Hello,

We work with another party to help in regards to rebates, if they've set that rule there is very little we can do in regards to that, but we are willing to help you out if you create a ticket. As far as rebates go, majority of mail in rebates not just us, mention that it can take 6-8 weeks for it to arrive. We aren't trying to make anyone upset in regards to it.

Hello,

We work with another party to help in regards to rebates, if they've set that rule there is very little we can do in regards to that, but we are willing to help you out if you create a ticket. As far as rebates go, majority of mail in rebates not just us, mention that it can take 6-8 weeks for it to arrive. We aren't trying to make anyone upset in regards to it.

Since it is Corsair's product rebate, I thought that Corsair is the one who had set the rules for the rebates and simply handed the issuance of the actual payment to a third party. I am probably not alone in that way of thinking.

It costs me $1.05 to mail in the rebate information to the US so that affects the net amount I wind up seeing. You indicated I may not get both of the rebates and as I have not yet opened the PS nor the case box and sales are on in the coming week I may hold off making a decision whether to return them.

• 1 month later...
I decided to stick with Corsair product but it has been a month since a friend and I mailed in our rebate submissions. Neither show up in the "rapid-rebates" system when I do an inquiry. Only rebate that does is one from this summer. How much longer do I need to wait? I have no idea if the rebates have been lost or what has happened to them.

There was no entering of information for the rebate online. All information was done via the mail. I already used the status update for the 3rd party company rapid-rebates that is handling this rebate. They have no record of the 2 rebates a month after they were mailed.

It has been 5 weeks since I mailed the rebate in since that is what the form indicated to do. There was no mention at all that the submission capability via https://rapid-rebates.com/Corsair/Home/ConsumerCountry was even possible. I am getting the run around from the rebate company telling me to wait another week.

Can I submit the rebate via the above link in the hope that the money will show up by Spring time?

• Corsair Employee

Hello,

The website you were given at the time of the rebate was the rebate you were supposed to submit your rebates to. I am not sure if you can process another rebate for the same product as that will cause issues. I do apologize for the delay of your rebate as they do that a bit of time for it to be processed and sent out to you.

Just so everyone is aware the attached file is the rebate form for Canada. We are not told to submit the rebate online. The only thing we can do online according to this form is to check the status of the rebate. We are instructed to mail in the rebate. Mailing a letter to the USA costs $1.07.

I have waited/lost over 5 weeks since I mailed the submission. Normally mail should take 10 days from Canada to USA.

I have contacted the rapid-rebate company numerous times only to be told wait a month, wait another week. Only when I complained did they allow me to email them the submission. Now I have to wait for 8 - 10 weeks to HOPEFULLY see my rebate. That would mean 15 weeks for a $20 rebate. This same issue has also happened to a friend who mailed their rebate at the same time.

I am building yet another system with Corsair parts some of which have rebates but I very much doubt I will bother with the rebates. This new purchase has two items with a $10 and $15 rebate for $25 total but the form says "receiver up to a $20 Prepaid Mastercard® via mail". I would be losing money before I even start.

CosairRebateForm.pdf

Edited by pcguy

• 1 month later...
Woot coming up to anniversary this week. It will be 3 months since my friend and I both mailed in our rebates and have yet to see any payments. Still showing rebates are still pending. Horrific turn around times in this day and age.

I contacted them late last week and supposedly the gift card has been mailed out via the cheapest means possible aka not first-class mail. If I am lucky perhaps it will show up here in Canada over 3 months after I mailed the documentation to the company.

Thanks for the help anyways.