Corsair Community

K90 Vengeance

Scarz

I bought this keyboard a while back and it has worked wonders for the few years that I've used it. It was working flawlessly until tonight. I last used it a few days back and it was still fine at that point. However, tonight when I turned on my PC the keyboard was not recognised and upon trying it on various PC's (3 in total) and numerous USB ports, it appears to be dead.

No keys work at all, there is no backlight and it is not recognised by the BIOS or Windows.

A mouse or other USB devices plugged into the rear of the keyboard are still recognised and work perfectly. Which strikes me as odd.

There have been no updates to the Firmware or software since I last used it.

One thing that might be noted is that the last time I turned my PC off, when it was last working, the backlight stayed on for quite a bit longer than the PC, even when the power was off at the outlet (2-3 minutes). I figured it was just left over power from the PC keeping it going. But it was a little suspicious.

One last thing is that the PC is kept and used in a garage, which is quite a cold environment. I wondered if this might have had an effect on the keyboard over a period of a few months?

Where do I go from here? If it is the case that the keyboard is dead, is it possible, with proof of purchase that I might get it exchanged, even though it has been some time since I purchased it?

Or, if I'm lucky, is there anyone out there who might be able to resolve the issue? Maybe I'm overlooking something, or perhaps it is fixable.

Thanks for any advice or help with this. It's extremely frustrating that it has broken so suddenly with no apparent reason.

If it was purchased less than 2 years ago I'd suggest creating a support ticket and then attaching a copy of your proof of purchase to the ticket.

Unfortunately it was purchased just over two years ago, December 2012. Does this mean I am screwed? I do have proof of purchase.

Archived