Corsair Community

Well... Is this it then?

Hello people.

This message is mainly for us (customers) directed towards CORSAIR EMPLOYEES not zheren telling me to refund the keyboard if I am not happy with it...

Is anything going to be done with the 16.8 million colors in the near future? Many people are wondering this... Are there going to be more options (for animations) such as less colors for a more "fast and fluid" < as you claim rather than a flickering mess?

Please someone from corsair answer this... This is what most of us are wondering.

Thanks, Tom

Yeah james/techno one of you might as well post a flashing bolded text in 72 font sticky at the top of every forum explaining it to these guys cause these threads and same questions will keep coming until you do

Quote me a post of an official corsair guy saying "there will be no more updates for this in the near future"

here you go

I don't totally disagree with you but it wasn't held a secret for the sake of being non-transparent. It was because we literally worked up until the last week to try to solve this issue. Anything we could have done was done to make the solution as ideal as possible. Unfortunately, there were certain limitations we couldn't overcome and it wasn't ideal. Is it perfect? No. But it still is a better solution than what didn't exist before.

I saw it and replied if we're referencing the same post. We did a lot of tweaks here and there as well. The issue is that there are conditions that you can rid of flicker, for example, registering colors in 6bit. However, depending on the type of foreground lighting you do, it can look terrible.

Thats why I referenced that our greatest feature of customization with lighting is also one of the difficult things to work around. Now if we completely limited lighting to only a fraction of what you can do today, then yes, there are definitely ways to hide the flicker. That type of compromise was something the team ruled out.

Its not the ARM CPU that's the limiting factor. It is the LED controller and there is more than one in the keyboard.

@goon, this is an ideal solution but unfortunately not how the hardware works. This isn't like a CPU where you reduce the clock speed to reduce thermal load.

Going into the nitty gritty detail won't help you understand anymore than now honestly. For what it is worth, it's not a 1:1 tradeoff where lowering response time of a keyboard decreases the amount of flicker. Its a balance between all the components in the hardware working together as the data is constantly being streamed from the software to the keyboard.

Archived