Corsair Community

Need a advice for an Air 740 build.

Adox

I'm trying to figure out where i should mount the pump. Then i saw these (i guess) mounting holes, right under the HDD 3,5" cage in the PSU chamber. Is that the place where it supposed to be?

Yes, this where it needs to go. The HDD chamber above is easily removable with a couple of screws. If you pop off the front panel, you will see a couple of holes that will make mounting it to the front frame a lot easier. You could also do a suspension mount underneath, but I wanted space there. Putting the tubes through the grommets to the other side was a lot easier than expected and I used 10/16mm soft tubing.

Where you need to be careful is with the 360mm front radiator. Watch GPU length, although not a problem on standard PCB size. I am not sure I would choose what's listed in the reference build. I went with dual 280mm for flexibility. Those can do top/front/bottom. I have run it in reverse flow (front/top exhaust on radiators) and currently run it as top/bottom intake, front/rear exhaust (and the reverse as well). It is theoretically possible to do 360mm front and 240 top and bottom, but it takes a lot of fittings and a lot of work. Not sure how much cooling you need or what components.

Thank you both.

The Reference Build gave me some ideas, what i can do.

I got nearly 6 cm of space between GPU and the fan.

Should be enough for a radiator with 33mm depth. Or?

I think a single 360 build is enough for my setup.

6700k @4,5ghz

GTX 1080 @base settings

I'm thinking of switching to an 3700x. The radiator should be sufficient for that too. Luckily, the cooler can serve both platforms.