Corsair Community

sluggish mouse when on BT4.2 with Dark Core

Apophis3

Having been satisfied with my Dark Core, I decided to invest in a new K63 Wireless SE. My plan was to use both over Bluetooth 4.2 aka my laptop's Intel 8265 solution. When running both over Bluetooth, the mouse loses tracking acuity, and becomes a sluggish behemoth, instead of the nimble ninja I am used to. If either is wired, or over dongle, all is well. Am I running into a bandwidth issue?

System info:

K63 fw: 1.01

DC fw: 3.08

Intel BT driver: 20.40.0.3

Tested with Wifi disabled and enabled, same result.

Spoke to tech support, and the consensus is that running both in BT = bandwidth constraints, and there is no way to select priority for the mouse to get preference so that it can track properly. :(

Current solution is to use dongle with kb, since I also gain macro capabilities. Not what I was looking for, since I desired no dongles. I don't think upgrading to a BT5.0 capable system would resolve this issue. The idea being that a 5.0 system would be able to handle the multiple 4.2 devices with low latency.

• Corsair Employee
Hi Apophis3, I'm not having issues with both mouse and keyboard connected via BT and slowdowns. Is this happening in a specific game or after a certain amount of time for you? For the record, using Intel 8265 with BT.

Hi Apophis3, I'm not having issues with both mouse and keyboard connected via BT and slowdowns. Is this happening in a specific game or after a certain amount of time for you? For the record, using Intel 8265 with BT.

happens instantly, and I don't have to be in a game for this. Just connect both to BT.

Update: Managed to get both working fine, if I reversed the connection order, letting the keyboard connect first. Then let mouse connect; mouse is then lag free.

What a PITA. :)

retested it doing mouse first, and the mouse cursor lags again.

Archived