Corsair Community

H100i RGB Platinum SE advice needed with temp and RGB set up pls

kyriac05

Hi

I’m new to this so need some advice post my first build for my son.

I have 6 LL120 fans, two of which are attached to my H100i radiator at the front of my 465x case.

In terms of set up, I’ve attached the cooler to the CPU FAN on the MB, and the two cooler fans power supply attached to the accompanying connectors that come with the cooler too. (Fans 2 and 3)

The other four fans power is connected to the Commander Pro. (Fans 1, 4, 5 & 6).

The RGB for all 6 fans are connected to the Lighting Node core that comes with the case.

This has meant that my ASUS Z390 BIOs only show the RPM of CPU FAN obviously and is showing at around 4500 (which is the cooler).

Is this ok? I have no idea so would appreciate some feedback pls.

Re iCue, all fans seem to work fine and in the order they should but I can only see fan RPM of the 4 connected to the Commander Pro.

I also cannot change the RGB on the cooler.

It’s lit up at the default Rainbow and is showing in iCue but only next to my Vengeance RGB RAM and not as a device in its own right.

I also cannot click on it.

Many thanks for reading and as I say, I feel it’s all correct but am a complete

novice and would appreciate some clarification.

Thanks

iCUE fan speed detection - Go to the settings menu (top), then select the Commander Pro. Change all fan settings from Auto to 4 pin (PWM). Auto should work, but if you know all your fans are PWM (like LL fans) this provides a quieter start up sequence and also seems to resolve some detection issues. If it does not fix this issue, still leave it on 4 pin. I would recommend this with or without the problem.

The Platinum cooler must be connected via its USB 2 internal cable to be seen by the software. In the meantime, it will still use its internal sensor and do its job, but obviously you want control. Most people don't have 3 internal USB 2.0 headers for all this stuff and you probably connected it via the pass through ports on the Commander Pro. That should work as well, but I would disconnect and try the other pass through port. Watch out for the pins. The receptacle is designed in a way that makes it easy to miss the right alignment. There are some issues with the motherboard reading devices on certain chipsets, but Asus Z390 is not one of them. If you can't get the cooler to show via the Commander Pro pass through, unplug the Commander from the MB USB 2 port and try it directly to rule out some type of cooler problem. If you are lucky enough to have 2 internal USB ports, you can try a direct connection.

Hi

To confirm what you mean, the Coolers USB that comes from the left side of the cooler as you look at it, I’ve connected that to one of the USB ports on the ComPro. Are you saying I merely connect it to the other USB on there?

If so, that means just swapping with the Lighting Core USB that’s in there?

Thanks again

Presumably the core is detected. So swapping the LNC and Cooler USB ports should indicate if there is a problem on the USB passthrough or not. If the cooler is still not detected on the swap and LNC is, you will likely want to try a direct connection for the cooler -- at least as a test.