Corsair Community

USB Disconnect sounds

Thetmartens

I've been having some issues with iCUE ever since I installed it last week (after a few months of just using my standard K70 MK II without it) - Namely, I can't seem to save anything to an onboard profile on the K70, nor can I actually access stored onboard profiles outside of within the iCUE software itself. However, I've also noticed that whenever I turn on the iCUE software, my computer makes the "USB Disconnected" chime - is this normal? I'm not terribly tech savvy so I'm concerned about it.

EDIT: There also seems to be a sort of "De-Sync" between the onboard profiles when iCUE is offline VS when it's online (certain keys have different lighting, different DPI settings on my mouse, etc).

Edited by Thetmartens

It is a problem with x570 MBs, try a clean Win10 install and ICue, don’t install temp monitoring programs......

Also a NXZT-hub might be helpfull. I placed one in my pc and installed Win10 again..... System is running now for a week smooth.....

Jack

Edited by Hi2jack

I've been having some issues with iCUE ever since I installed it last week (after a few months of just using my standard K70 MK II without it) - Namely, I can't seem to save anything to an onboard profile on the K70, nor can I actually access stored onboard profiles outside of within the iCUE software itself. However, I've also noticed that whenever I turn on the iCUE software, my computer makes the "USB Disconnected" chime - is this normal? I'm not terribly tech savvy so I'm concerned about it.

EDIT: There also seems to be a sort of "De-Sync" between the onboard profiles when iCUE is offline VS when it's online (certain keys have different lighting, different DPI settings on my mouse, etc).

The profile button the keyboard should shuffle between the 3 presets when iCUE is not running. I’m not sure what you mean by “can’t access”, but obviously the software must be running to create/save new hardware profiles to the KB. These should be listed along with the software profiles as “K70 RGB MK.2 HW1-3” and will have a small mini SD icon different from software profiles. You can alter the HW profile, then go to the onboard profiles tab to save it to the corresponding slot.

You have different HW and software profiles. They are not supposed to be the same.

Make sure you aren’t hearing the ‘hardware insert’ sound vs hardware remove. It would be normal to hear it on launch as the devices are loaded.

Edited by c-attack

It is a problem with x570 MBs, try a clean Win10 install and ICue, don’t install temp monitoring programs......

Also a NXZT-hub might be helpfull. I placed one in my pc and installed Win10 again..... System is running now for a week smooth.....

Jack

Funny moving to x570 solved all my such issues. My x470 Strix had this issue constantly, until I just unplugged my ST100, and then no issues what so ever. It was just that bad. And I have a realll large investment in Corsair product, almost twice as much iCUE controlled devices in my x570 as my x470, as I have bought a lot of new "toys" with my new system upgrade.

However since my move to my x570 Aorus Master and I am actually using my ST100, I have had zero issues. I am prone to believe is as much to do with the board as it is the chipset.

Be interesting to have a data collection thread, and test the theory of board vs chipset. This is only of the reasons I ditched ASUS.