Corsair Community

iCUE Causing system issues

Tomv

Hello,

I have recently build a new system. But I am experiencing issues with the iCUE software. So I am having this problem where I constantly hear the windows plug and play sound followed up by my fans "freezing" for a second but mainly my H100I RGB Platinum going dark or freezing up. I read about this issue on another post and was told to disable the cpu fan control on my motherboard. After I had dpne this there was no change at all. What I've found out now after testing this for a full week, it is a problem with the iCUE software. I had it removed from my system for a full week and my system ran totally fine without having any single problem at all apart from the rgb going random looking very bad :D: . I have reinstalled iCUE yesterday evening tried it out and have had nothing but issues again. The exact same problem, Plug&play sound > CPU cooler & fans dying for a second after going back to normal the same happens about 10 seconds later.

All my settings in iCUE should be correct.

Any clue what the problem may be?

Having the exact same issue as he described. Well it has not happened ever since i put it on a static color. This has to be some iCUE related software/driver issue. Considering That thread you linked me is already out there since november, are they working on a fix for this?

Having the exact same issue as he described. Well it has not happened ever since i put it on a static color. This has to be some iCUE related software/driver issue. Considering That thread you linked me is already out there since november, are they working on a fix for this?

Yes, the absolutely are working on a fix for this.

Yes, the absolutely are working on a fix for this.

That is good news.

To follow up on this after running loads of tests the conclusion is clear that it only happens when the cooler is running special rgb setups. As long as it is on a static color it has never disconnected from my sytem.

I have found another big issue that seems really weird but has to do something with this aswell. My case is a Corsair Obsidian 500D RGB. It has 2 USB ports on the front panel. Once again when the cooler is on a special rgb mode these dont work and seem to crash my windows explorer. But when iCUE is not installed or the cooler is in a static color there is no problem at all. It seems very weird to be related at all, but I have done so much testing on this and came to the very same result over and over again. Them not working with iCUE installed and the cooler in a special rgb mode. And working perfect with iCUE and cooler or static mode or without iCUE installed on my system. Thought this could be important to note.

Archived