Corsair Community

ONE i60 Broken and Customer Service Sucks.

ManBearPig

So I unpack my long awaited i60, turn it on and WHAM 1450 rpm. load up iCue and it's stuck on 1450 and not changeable. Seems a bit loud considering all the reviews said it was 0 rpm idle. So I call up corsair customer service which apparently is in Manila, Philippines and the guy just keeps telling me how (1) he's been in hospital all day (2) it's late (3) he doesn't know the software and doesn't have a photographic memory (4) the test machine is on the other side of the office and (5) did I mention - IT'S LATE and there's only two of them in.

Fortunately I bought it from Amazon and it's going back. After this experience I'm not sure I want to spend $3500 with Corsair again.

I have subsequently found out that 1500 is the max rpm so 1450 at idle straight out of the box is clearly broken. Also iCue would not let me change it despite a reinstall. WELL DONE CORSAIR

• 3 weeks later...
So I unpack my long awaited i60, turn it on and WHAM 1450 rpm. load up iCue and it's stuck on 1450 and not changeable. Seems a bit loud considering all the reviews said it was 0 rpm idle. So I call up corsair customer service which apparently is in Manila, Philippines and the guy just keeps telling me how (1) he's been in hospital all day (2) it's late (3) he doesn't know the software and doesn't have a photographic memory (4) the test machine is on the other side of the office and (5) did I mention - IT'S LATE and there's only two of them in.

Fortunately I bought it from Amazon and it's going back. After this experience I'm not sure I want to spend $3500 with Corsair again.

I have subsequently found out that 1500 is the max rpm so 1450 at idle straight out of the box is clearly broken. Also iCue would not let me change it despite a reinstall. WELL DONE CORSAIR

I feel you man... Corsair support unfortunately sucks. I have had RMA process that took me over a month +. Last time I buy something more expensive then 100-200$ from corsair.

I'd return PC and build my own if I were you. They promissed upgradability, support but there is none, you are like stack with your machine forever...

• 2 months later...

Funny.. if you look on the Amazon reviews, there's a user who claims he can't log into his new computer because there's already an account on it.. and looking at the screenshot, the user name is Manbearpig.. lol..

It's troubling to know that Amazon is just receiving failed systems and sending them out to other people.. Seeing the amount of issues and how bad the RMA process is with Corsair, I was considering Amazon, but I might start looking at other systems.. The chance of frustration seems to be high with these units..

Funny.. if you look on the Amazon reviews, there's a user who claims he can't log into his new computer because there's already an account on it.. and looking at the screenshot, the user name is Manbearpig.. lol..

It's troubling to know that Amazon is just receiving failed systems and sending them out to other people.. Seeing the amount of issues and how bad the RMA process is with Corsair, I was considering Amazon, but I might start looking at other systems.. The chance of frustration seems to be high with these units..

That is interesting. But the review is not flagged as being a "verified purchase," so it's hard to know exactly what is going on there.