The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Legacy Corsair Software

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-30-2015, 08:08 PM
iCUE Product Manager

POST ID # = 776597
Corsair James Reputation: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by egret85 View Post
I think Macros would be the best place as it would give the most flexibility. If macros had a way to add a pause step that waited until the key is pressed again to resume the macro, it would allow the following:

1. have any number of key press events
2. have pause step
3. have the key release events from the keys in step 1.

The right click menu in the macro screen could have a "Add Pause" option right after the "Add Delay" option. This seems similar to the existing option for "Allow interruptions and then resume". The manual describes this option as follows: "The macro will pause if the key assigned to the macro is pressed again. You can perform other input in the game, then press the key assigned to the macro again to finish running the macro." Only difference is having a way to add a step to the macro that causes this pause to happen without pressing the button to pause it. The pause step would pause the macro execution until the macro is pressed again. The trigger for detecting this should be similar to how the current "terminate when pressed again" option detects when the macro is pressed again to stop the macro. Doing it in Macro would allow more flexibility for key combinations. I also think most of the foundation work needed to do this would already exist in the code given what other options exist in CUE currently.

Also thanks for seeing if this can be added. Hope this information helps.
I was thinking under Macro too but there are complications if you're adding it as part of a macro sequence. If you hit it again to untoggle, what about the other sequences of the macro? Do they play out as well? And what if you have the macro to repeat? Is it going to toggle and untoggle every other playback?

Im thinking maybe it should be under keystroke.

Old 05-01-2015, 12:45 AM
egret85's PC Specs

POST ID # = 776646
egret85 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair James View Post
I was thinking under Macro too but there are complications if you're adding it as part of a macro sequence. If you hit it again to untoggle, what about the other sequences of the macro? Do they play out as well? And what if you have the macro to repeat? Is it going to toggle and untoggle every other playback?

Im thinking maybe it should be under keystroke.
Well Macro already has cases where repeat options are disabled based on what else is selected. So if repeat was disabled when a pause action exists, then It would behave exactly like the "Allow interruptions" option except that there would be a way to trigger the pause as part of the macro. Then you press again to continue the macro, it should play out to completion. I was just thinking macro because there wouldn't be a limitation on the number of keys that could be held at the same time since you could do a key press for each and then pause and complete the macro which would have the key release events after the button is pressed again. If properly explained in docs, I don't see much issue with it in macro. Basically its up to a user to use it the way they need. Of course it could be use in a way that would have strange results, but the same can be said for creating a macro with a single key down event that will result in a key being stuck down. It all comes down to explaining what the action does so that people know what it will cause to occur in the macro. It just seems like most of the parts needed already exists in the macro part of CUE. Of course having this kind of think able to repeat would cause confusion, so I'd just adjust the allowable options for action repeat and macro termination accordingly. Just thinking about flexibility so that it provides the greatest capability for gaming. Since Keystrokes is very limited for multiple key combinations I think having it there would be unnecessarily limiting.

Old 05-01-2015, 12:03 PM
iCUE Product Manager

POST ID # = 776712

Quote:
Well Macro already has cases where repeat options are disabled based on what else is selected. So if repeat was disabled when a pause action exists, then It would behave exactly like the "Allow interruptions" option except that there would be a way to trigger the pause as part of the macro. Then you press again to continue the macro, it should play out to completion. I was just thinking macro because there wouldn't be a limitation on the number of keys that could be held at the same time since you could do a key press for each and then pause and complete the macro which would have the key release events after the button is pressed again. If properly explained in docs, I don't see much issue with it in macro. Basically its up to a user to use it the way they need. Of course it could be use in a way that would have strange results, but the same can be said for creating a macro with a single key down event that will result in a key being stuck down. It all comes down to explaining what the action does so that people know what it will cause to occur in the macro. It just seems like most of the parts needed already exists in the macro part of CUE. Of course having this kind of think able to repeat would cause confusion, so I'd just adjust the allowable options for action repeat and macro termination accordingly. Just thinking about flexibility so that it provides the greatest capability for gaming. Since Keystrokes is very limited for multiple key combinations I think having it there would be unnecessarily limiting.
I'll talk to the team and brainstorm a bit more. I'll also need to find out of if it is possible to implement and how long if so.

Old 05-01-2015, 03:39 PM
egret85's PC Specs

POST ID # = 776758

Quote:
I'll talk to the team and brainstorm a bit more. I'll also need to find out of if it is possible to implement and how long if so.
Awesome. Thanks!

Old 05-03-2015, 07:28 PM
hixman's PC Specs

POST ID # = 777130
hixman Reputation: 10

Quote:
Awesome. Thanks!
I would just like to add that I have been wanting to do this too. I have been trying to figure out a way to macro a button to toggle right mouse click but haven't been able to figure it out.

I hold down right mouse click quite often while playing mmo's and this would save my mouse a ton.

Thanks!

Old 05-18-2015, 12:47 PM
egret85's PC Specs

POST ID # = 779807

any update on this?

Old 05-19-2015, 04:29 PM
iCUE Product Manager

POST ID # = 779986

Quote:
any update on this?
This won't be implemented anytime soon as we have a lot of commitments to prior enhancements. It'll probably be further down the road in the release schedule.

Old 05-20-2015, 01:59 AM

POST ID # = 780082
frigate Reputation: 10

It's really not hard to implement this functionality at all. There are plenty of gaming websites with posted auto-clickers written by script-kiddies that can hold down a key. The one I've used previously is barely 300k in size. The size of the code actually related to holding down a key is only a minor fraction of that file.

If Corsair's software engineers want to see how they did it, I can point them in the right direction to where to find this code since I'm probably not allowed to cite other websites by name.

Old 10-02-2015, 10:00 AM

POST ID # = 811757
cosacee Reputation: 10

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD ADD THIS SIMPLE FUNCTION IN ITS DRIVING ME INSANE! I want to bind my run key (W) to my sabre RGB middle/middle button (ie the sniper button) to run or hold a throttle in a air simulator without the repeated stuttering im experiencing. it really isn't complicated guys i beg you

Last edited by cosacee; 10-02-2015 at 10:14 AM.

Old 10-19-2015, 02:24 AM

POST ID # = 815128
Modulus Reputation: 10

Yeah this needs to be fixed ASAP. I just bought a K95 keyboard to replace a Razer BlackWidow that I spilled water on.

This worked perfectly on the BlackWidow. I'd set a run macro for a game like BF4, which would simply be a Down W and Down Shift with the up key portion deleted from the macro.
This worked great on the that keyboard because when I pressed the W and Shift the macro would stop. So there was no extra key push. I would push the macro key to start running, if I wanted to stop running I would just press the W key and stop.

I'm amazed that this functionality was overlooked for this keyboard and software. I'm seriously considering returning this keyboard. It's a premium product that doesn't do what I need it to do =/

Old 10-25-2015, 01:57 PM

POST ID # = 816259
zshulko Reputation: 10

I just figured out how to do this.... I think this is what you are asking for?

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152834

Old 11-11-2015, 02:19 PM
egret85's PC Specs

POST ID # = 819468

Quote:
Originally Posted by zshulko View Post
I just figured out how to do this.... I think this is what you are asking for?

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152834
This is not exactly what i'm looking for. I don't want to have to hold down the G key for the keystroke to be held down. I want the G key to act as a toggle for holding down a keystroke.

Any Update of getting this feature in CUE?

Old 03-13-2016, 01:54 AM

POST ID # = 842156
ispano Reputation: 10

There kind of is a way to do this. At least it seems to work for me, but it will stop after around 1 1/2 minutes(Though you can let it repeat many times.. And that's only because 99999 is the max delay you can have.

You make a macro, Terminate when pressed again, Action Repeat: None(Unless you want it to loop and go longer than 1 1/2 minutes, then you can repeat 2+ times).

Record the single key, with the delay between press and release. Change that delay to 99999. I just tried it for w in an mmo and forward I ran into a wall for 1 1/2 minutes, I was also able to cancel it just by hitting it.

I wouldn't use "Execute Macro Uninterrupted" either, since even if you hit the button, it will continue for the whole 1 1/2 minutes.

I haven't tested it with modifier keys, such as Shift + W as listed in the OP so unsure of how, if at all, that would work.

EDIT: Nevermind, it does work.

If you set it up like above for the Terminate and repeat options, the key sequence will look like this, as an example.

0 Press Key LeftShift
1 Press Key W
2 Pause Execution for 99999 milliseconds.
3 Release key W
4 Release Key Leftshift

I changed my forward key to Shift + W, so W on its own did not work, and this macro made me move forward for about 1 1/2 minutes, and stopped when I hit it again.

I also tested with repeating it and it works just fine to get longer than 1 minute and 40 seconds. Now if we could set a higher delay than 99999 you could go longer without the repeat.

Last edited by ispano; 03-13-2016 at 02:08 AM.

Old 04-15-2016, 05:55 AM

POST ID # = 847393
x4vn Reputation: 10

Quote:
I'll add this to a feature request and see how difficult it is to implement. If its easy, it's more likely to be added in the near future.

The challenge Im facing now is where would I add such a feature? Would it be as a macro, or a keystroke?
I'd suggest adding it as two things:
Under keystroke as a Toggle key stroke option for simple stuff.
Under Macro as a chain of macros that can be activated in a round robin fashion (so if 3 macros added to the round robbin list: 1st press/release activates first macro, 2nd press/release activates 2nd macro, 3rd press/release activates 3rd macro, 4th press/release activates 1st macro... etc) I'm sure some pretty cool stuff could be done with this.

Old 04-17-2016, 11:54 PM

POST ID # = 847728
frigate Reputation: 10

/facepalm

It's been almost a year since I've been here and this issue hasn't been fixed. Please, please, please guys. I returned the other keyboard, which could do this function, for a top quality K95 only to find out all CUE can do for me is make blinky lights. Holding down a key, not repeated presses, is what I have to use to move around in my mmo. In my situation, this is a critical function. I'm having to use Razr products to supplement the K95 keyboard's lack of functionality.

If you guys can fix this issue and allow 2 macros running simultaneously, which the Razr can also do, I can unplug that other hardware and just use this K95.

Crossing my fingers.