Corsair Community

Corsair Crystal Series 680X build idea

disocpete

[ame]

[/ame]

I am seriously considering one of these cases but at £200 its quite the investment so wanted thoughts and comments before commiting.

I currently have a *correction* Carbine 400c and everything is a squeeze and i dont like it. With the coamnder pro, led strips, 4 ssd's its all a crush to get the back panel on the case.

I saw the 680X and its entire bay for drives, PSU and cabling so obviously a hit but theres a Lighting Node Pro included with the 680x which i wouldn't need due to the CoPro. It also comes with 3 LL120 fans, now I have 3 HD120 fans and would use them all if i can so this is where the LNPro would help? Read I shouldn't mix fan types on the CoPro.

Everything else will fit in nice, vertical GPU mount (MSI 1660ti) also appeals to me though it has no RGB itself, I have spare LED strips to help with that.

Anyone got thoughts on this case, building in it, or a better alternative?

Edited by disocpete

Make sure you check the case dimensions between 680X and the Carbide 450. Both are mid-sized ATX cases. You will not want to vertically mount your GPU unless you are water cooling because the GPU fans will be really close to the glass. You can do, you probably would not want to do it. The right side portion is really nice and should give you more build room than the 450 case, but the square dimension of the motherboard area is probably not that much different than what you already have. You might also want to look at a Crystal 570 or Obsidian 500d. The motherboard square area is larger than the 680x. You will not need the lighting node pro in the 680x unless you want to add additional RGB device. You could just plug the RGB hub from the 680x into Channel 2 of the RGB Headers on the CoPro.

thanks i like the Obsidian 500d more than the crystal series. but its the whole other section in the 680x that appeals, not hugely in to showing off and tonnes of RGB.

THe 680x seems overkill due to what i already have. A cheaper variant which is just the case minus the the LNPro and fans would be ideal for me but only eBay will provide such a thing I'm sure.

£200 on a case is a lot which is why i hesitate + already owning the CoPro etc takes the shine off a brand new 680x

The 680x needs to have thumb screws in the front it as the top does. It would be so nice to just remove 4 thumbscrews to get more air in the front instead of having to take 17 screws out to get the glass off. Or you can take out the 7 screws to just pop the whole front off but it looks bad then.

It isn't high airflow by any means though as they said.