Corsair Community

Commander pro temp sens and water flow sens

Tzuriel35

Hi all,

Wondering where to plug my g1/4 temp sensor. I want to set my fan curve according to my water temperature and I’m wondering wether to plug it to the commander itself or to the motherboard? Are the MOBO and the commander communicating with each other? I mean if I plug it to the MOBO (asus apex x) then I could not set the fan curve at the commander software accordingly?

Am I right?

And on that subject, will the commander recognize the water flow sens? Or to plug it to the MOBO? In that case will the software detects it?

I’ve heard that the commander has issues with the water pump rpm control so I guess I’ll need to plug the pump pwn straight to my MOBO....

The answer likely lies in which device (board or C-Pro) you want to use for fan control. The C-Pro should recognize the 10K sensor coming off the G 1/4 plug. I am not sure we have tested every brand in existence, but most of the major suppliers have worked. Not an issue with my XSPC plugs.

That said, you can tackle this a few different ways. You have the 10K plugs. Might as well use them. However, you can also get your water temp out value by placing any thermistor sensor on the exhaust side of a particular radiator. In a multiple radiator system, that may be preferential to several sets of T valves with sensors stuck on the end. I wasn't sure what I was going to use for control when I started and covered both ends. The XSPC plugs on enter/exit go to the motherboard for water in/out. I now have that as board control option. C-Pro thermistors on radiator exit give me exhaust temp, which essentially matches water in. I did end up using the C-Pro for both pump and fan control and I can still see by water in/out temps plus all the probes with HWINFO or other software. Mostly the water in/out has become redundant.

The only issue with the C-Pro for pump control is you are capped at 4000 rpm. Some people with large systems feel they need the extra 1000 rpm or so on their D5 and use the motherboard. I don't and left it on the C-Pro so I could manipulate pump speed to measure effects. It doesn't matter much in my loop, so it sits at a lower fixed speed. You may also want it on the C-Pro initially to measure pump speed effects on cooling. You can always put it back on the board if you think you need 4900 rpm.

Thanks for your answer, can you verify that it gives you the same exact temp? (1-2 degree difrence it’s still good), if that the case then your solution sounds great.

Theoretically can I plug two g1/4 sensor (my ddc pump top alows it) one to the c- pro and one to my MOBO?

What about water flow? I saw here on forum pic of people who have there water flow rate shown on software. How to do that? Where to plug my water glow sensor?

Exact temp for me. My XSPC thermistors don't do tenths of a degree, so you will see a difference when the exact temp 32.8 on one and 33C on the other, but those differences are fleeting and usually only last a moment in time.

Yes, you can stick on the motherboard and one on the C-Pro.

I am not using a water flow sensor. If it can be measured like a fan, the motherboard/C-Pro should be able to report it, but I might dig for specific information on your flow meter to see if users have encountered any issues in general.

I'm using an AIO so it's not exactly the same. When looking at the pump's reported temperature and the exhaust temp reported by the CoPro, the exhaust is typically 0.3-0.6C warmer than the AIO coolant. So it's really, really close. It's definitely good enough for managing fan speeds.

• 1 year later...
I need someone’s help please. I’m sorry for coming into this post but I’m not sure where exactly I need to post this. But I have my temp sensor from my XD5 connected to the commander pro in port 1 For the temp sensor but I am not getting any readings in icue and I’m unsure of where to look can anyone help me please thank you