Corsair Community

6 Led connected to lighting node pro buggy.

hazzer

Recently I have noticed on my lighting node pro when all 6 led strips are connected the last 2 strips goes very dim and flickers. If it is set to 4 strips they are fine. Also seems to have more of an impact if the colour is white.

• 2 weeks later...
i would check either strip 4 or 5 for being faulty.. try putting those 2 strips first in the chain. any change?. if either of those strips are faulty then you would see the problem in the rest of the strips chained after them.. if that is the case then try removing strip 2 and reconnect the chain and place removed strip on the end of the chain.. problem still there?.. can be sure its strip one.. if its not there and has moved to the last strip. then you know its that last strip.. hope that makes sense..

It's definitely not a good idea to use splitters with any of the RGB devices. Each device can easily pull 4+A of power (which is to SATA spec) - this can overload the connector that gets split.

Power splitters are only appropriate where you have low power devices that draw under 2A. And even then, be super-careful with them.