Corsair Community

Missed something?

Scoiexx

Greetings,

Have i missed something from someone?

I like others have been waiting for the release date of the drivers, Normally i wouldn't post when an admin has locked the thread of a post similar to this but I am annoyed.

Are we going to get an update to this? Because there is no way RAMGUY hasn't been updated on the situation as he is always in contact with the public.

The most annoying part is that the date was set for within that month not a single date.

Comon its now the next month!

I was curious about the same thing. I've been refreshing the page at home, at work, at everywhere! My girlfriend looks at me like I'm crazy. But I'm not! I promise! Anyway thanks for asking the same question I had in my mind (Vengeance 2000 Dolby Drivers I'm sure you're talking about)

I have to admit, the current drivers do have positional audio in certain supported games, but it still is nothing compared to what Dolby drivers could do. I have been checking every day last month for the new drivers.

• Corsair Employee

Hi guys, I do understand the eagerness all of you have for the new Dolby Drivers for the V2000, but unfortunately they are not ready yet. While I cannot go into specifics, and to avoid some of the spamming/troll posts that I had to clean up already, we do not want to release anything unless we feel it is ready and won't cause more problems than it solves.

I'll let all of you know as soon as they're ready to go. If I can do more, I will as well. However, at this time, I ask for your patience and understanding.

Hi guys, I do understand the eagerness all of you have for the new Dolby Drivers for the V2000, but unfortunately they are not ready yet. While I cannot go into specifics, and to avoid some of the spamming/troll posts that I had to clean up already, we do not want to release anything unless we feel it is ready and won't cause more problems than it solves.

I'll let all of you know as soon as they're ready to go. If I can do more, I will as well. However, at this time, I ask for your patience and understanding.

How far along is the update, if you can give us some sort of hint? It might relieve some the antsy-ness everyone is surely experiencing over the wait for these. Obviously, we're all anxious to get our hands on the Dolby drivers as soon as possible. The Vengeance 2000's are great headsets, and aside from the cracking issue which hopefully was resolved with a redesign (just got my replacement today, huzzah!), the sound is amazing. We all know how much the Xear surround wasn't cutting it, so one can imagine how much we're all wanting Dolby Surround.

So, any new info you could give us, Ram Guy? Any updates from your software development team will be greatly appreciated.

Corsair should have learnt that you do not ever give an estimated timeframe for anything, unless you are 110% sure that you can deliver within that timeframe. Such is the nature of any business.

The pooch was nailed on this occasion.

Stick to....It will be ready...when it's ready!

• Corsair Employee
Corsair should have learnt that you do not ever give an estimated timeframe for anything, unless you are 110% sure that you can deliver within that timeframe. Such is the nature of any business.

The pooch was nailed on this occasion.

Stick to....It will be ready...when it's ready!

It's lose-lose. If you try to give an estimated timeframe, people hold you to it completely. If you don't give any timeframe, then you get "Wheres the updates" or "Why isn't Corsair saying/doing anything about ____" and etc. This is one of the reasons why leaks can be damaging to any company in any industry.

I think it would be really great of Corsair if they could release the version of the Vengeance 2000 drivers they have in QA as a beta version to forum members. We could provide feedback, hopefully speeding along development, and it would be a great PR move.

It would be awesome if I could use the new drivers when BF3 end game releases, but it's not necessarily Corsair's fault that we are still waiting. For all we know they're probably still waiting for certification from Microsoft or Dolby or some stupid crap like that.

Thats why companies release beta drivers... I don't see why corsair can't do the same... Keep offering the old drivers and the new beta drivers. You have a problem with the beta well tell us about it and use the release drivers.

Instead theres no info other than they will be ready when they will be ready. Most overused phrase in the business...

From what you said last month they were almost ready but now they have a big problem with them why else would they not be ready or close to be ready... Oh I know maybe they didn't progress on them and they are far from being ready... Why else would they not offer them in beta state if they where close to be ready last month? It's not a SSD firmware guys its sound drivers, we can switch back to old drivers (or in my case defgault Microsoft drivers if we experience the problem they seem to have with them...)

I guess it doesn't mater, by the time I send my headphone to replace them since they are also cracking maybe the driver will be out before I receive them.

It would be awesome if I could use the new drivers when BF3 end game releases, but it's not necessarily Corsair's fault that we are still waiting. For all we know they're probably still waiting for certification from Microsoft or Dolby or some stupid crap like that.
If it's just that they could say we are waiting them to send the certification... I doubt it's only that... My guess is they are not even close to be ready and talked about them too fast.

• Corsair Employee

Betas are tricky to do because even with full disclosure, you are messing with software that is not ready for a public release (hence Beta). If something were to happen to a customer's system (this is purely an example) where the registry gets corrupted and results in data loss, it would be a very messy situation. This is why many companies actually don't do betas until they're sure its 99% ready for gold release. It also involves resources (tracking reported issues, providing direct feedback to the product team, etc.) that could make things even more complicated compared to in-house beta testing.

If any of you has ever worked with directly with customers, then you'll know the lesson of don't assume anything that someone is incapable of doing.

Betas are tricky to do because even with full disclosure, you are messing with software that is not ready for a public release (hence Beta). If something were to happen to a customer's system (this is purely an example) where the registry gets corrupted and results in data loss, it would be a very messy situation. This is why many companies actually don't do betas until they're sure its 99% ready for gold release. It also involves resources (tracking reported issues, providing direct feedback to the product team, etc.) that could make things even more complicated compared to in-house beta testing.

If any of you has ever worked with directly with customers, then you'll know the lesson of don't assume anything that someone is incapable of doing.

True That.

Don't need to find new ways to break them they always break because they are made of cheap *** plastic. I like mine but they cracked. Got approved for a RMA but not feeling like sending them to get replaced every 2 month at 40$ a pop. Cant wait to see the Corsair booth at PAX and tell them straight to face how ridiculous this is.

• Corsair Employee
Don't need to find new ways to break them they always break because they are made of cheap *** plastic. I like mine but they cracked. Got approved for a RMA but not feeling like sending them to get replaced every 2 month at 40$ a pop. Cant wait to see the Corsair booth at PAX and tell them straight to face how ridiculous this is.

We cover shipping expenses after the first replacement. If you have a broken headset, we'll be more than happy to replace it for you. Even if you went to PAX to tell the staff there, they wouldn't be able to assist you since they're marketing staff, not product development (it'd be akin to going to a car dealership and expressing your frustration to the salesman rather than engineering).

We cover shipping expenses after the first replacement. If you have a broken headset, we'll be more than happy to replace it for you. Even if you went to PAX to tell the staff there, they wouldn't be able to assist you since they're marketing staff, not product development (it'd be akin to going to a car dealership and expressing your frustration to the salesman rather than engineering).

Wouldn't it be a better idea to make a new version with better plastic instead of paying for peoples shipping fees? I mean as far as I know they always break at the same spot for everyone how hard can it be to change thepastic part for a sturdier part? Dont have to change the rest of the headset... It's not fun having to send them and then wait without headsets probably at MINIMUM 2 weeks if not more.

• Corsair Employee
Wouldn't it be a better idea to make a new version with better plastic instead of paying for peoples shipping fees? I mean as far as I know they always break at the same spot for everyone how hard can it be to change thepastic part for a sturdier part? Dont have to change the rest of the headset... It's not fun having to send them and then wait without headsets probably at MINIMUM 2 weeks if not more.

Despite what has been reported here on the forums, we're still seeing a very very small number (< 1%) of total RMA's for the headset (compared to the numbers sold at retailers, not shipped).

We do have advance RMA's for those who want a headset replacement ASAP as well.

The time this takes with the drivers is a joke, sorry but that's my honest opinion. I am a programmer myself and if we would be so slow in supporting our software we would lose each and every customer.

But then again, no risk there for you since we already bought the hardware, so no pressure in delivering the software now.

It is not like Windows 8 was only released yesterday or came all of the sudden as a huge surprise and yet here we are and still have to install Windows 7 drivers in compatibility mode.

People need to relax. It's not like there's some current huge driver flaw they're not bothering to fix, the headsets work fine. Seriously, first world problems... As RAM guy said, they gave us an estimated release for the drivers, and people freaked out when it wasn't released then, and then wonder why Corsair is reluctant to give another estimate. As for buddy with the cracked headset; of course you posts about problems. No one comes on the forums to post "My headset is still working fine, just thought I'd update everyone!". Take the 10 posts you saw on here and compare that to the 1000s sold.

Archived