Corsair Community

Elite Questions

Jeremy2

Hi there,

I'm thinking about getting the newly released Elite, it looks like it meets most of my needs but I have a few questions. It seems the previous iteration wasn't as upgrade friendly so I was wondering if the new version was more so? Primarily I am looking at swapping the HD to an SSD is that possible? How locked am I in to Corsair for something like that? Is it a must that I use Corsair products? The Corsair SSDs aren't large enough for my needs and I was wondering if that was a deal breaker. Lastly, this question also applies to the video card, will I be able to swap the card with the next iteration or am I stuck with what it comes with? I may skip a generation but I don't want to be locked in to it.

1) Is the 2TB HD swappable?

2) Is the video card also swappable?

3) Am I stuck using Corsair parts only, for this machine?

I'd love to pull the trigger on this but would like to know before I do.

Thank you,

J.

• Corsair Employee

1. The 2TB drive is swappable.

2. The video card is NOT

3. We only recommend using the parts we have provided with the system since we have gone above and beyond to test every part's effect on the ecosystem. Together, those are the components with the most optimal and stable performance.

Understood, and thank you for your response. Unfortunately if the card isn't replaceable then I can't move forward with this system. The card in all my previous systems has been replaced over the lifetime of the box, sometimes more than once, if it goes I have an expensive paper weight. Love the concept and think you have nearly done it but it just doesn't make sense for me at this time. Maybe your next iterations will be more flexible. I am sorry I was very very close to getting one.

J.

• Corsair Employee

Hi Jeremy2,

Allow me to clarify, you can replace your GPU in these units should you desire. However, we do not cover the replacement card under our warranty in fact it would void your systems warranty. Generally a standard reference style cooler GPU should fit. Do keep in mind the temps from the new card can induce additional heat. You would also need to remove the radiator and liquid cooler attached with the stock card.

*Update*

In accordance to CORSAIR Dustin, we legally can not advise this due to safety hazards. We have taken feedback on this will be noted heavily in the future.

Hi Jeremy2,

Allow me to clarify, you can replace your GPU in these units should you desire. However, we do not cover the replacement card under our warranty in fact it would void your systems warranty. Generally a standard reference style cooler GPU should fit. Do keep in mind the temps from the new card can induce additional heat. You would also need to remove the radiator and liquid cooler attached with the stock card. Hope this helps. :)

Hi Alan, regarding this information, for safety concerns please review the prior info regarding this issue for a different model Corsair One... http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?p=930102#post930102

As far as the graphics card is concerned, we actually legally can't do this. The graphics card is secured to the rear power plug, it's a safety hazard for end users.

Archived