Corsair Community

One key is always the wrong colour.

DarkForge

So my beloved K70 RGB went a bit mental the other day due to an accidental drink spill, so I bought a replacement. Plugged the new one in, did a firmware update and it seems to pick up all my profiles okay so everything fine so far.

Unfortunately the LED on the Stop media key doesn't seem to be acting right. Whilst the other media keys remain the light blue I set for them, Stop is lighting up green instead. I've double-checked CUE and the blue is still assigned to it. I then tried testing all of the basic colour options on this key and whilst some colours I choose seem to be correct, others are definitely off. I get...

- Green instead of blue.

- Orange instead of pink.

- Yellow instead of white.

- Red instead of purple (and interestingly on this one, if the other media keys have no colour assigned to them, they light up a faint dark blue by themselves.)

- One dark blue option in CUE makes the key look like it's not lit at all, though the other media keys show the same faint dark blue as described before.

So a long shot question for this one: is there any known fix for something like this, or have I just happened to get a dodgy keyboard and will have to replace my replacement?

Many thanks in advance for any advice.

So my beloved K70 RGB went a bit mental the other day due to an accidental drink spill, so I bought a replacement. Plugged the new one in, did a firmware update and it seems to pick up all my profiles okay so everything fine so far.

Unfortunately the LED on the Stop media key doesn't seem to be acting right. Whilst the other media keys remain the light blue I set for them, Stop is lighting up green instead. I've double-checked CUE and the blue is still assigned to it. I then tried testing all of the basic colour options on this key and whilst some colours I choose seem to be correct, others are definitely off. I get...

- Green instead of blue.

- Orange instead of pink.

- Yellow instead of white.

- Red instead of purple (and interestingly on this one, if the other media keys have no colour assigned to them, they light up a faint dark blue by themselves.)

- One dark blue option in CUE makes the key look like it's not lit at all, though the other media keys show the same faint dark blue as described before.

So a long shot question for this one: is there any known fix for something like this, or have I just happened to get a dodgy keyboard and will have to replace my replacement?

Many thanks in advance for any advice.

Did you manage to resolve the issue? As the letter X is doing the same now on my K95 RGB.

Cheers,

I have also had this problem now on 2 k70 rgb's but on multiple keys. Just for the record a hard reset did not work for me. I have had to RMA both keyboards and i am still waiting for my replacement after waiting almost a month. estimated delivery 29th of January. i guess they're just running down my warranty. Sad days :(

• Corsair Employee
I have also had this problem now on 2 k70 rgb's but on multiple keys. Just for the record a hard reset did not work for me. I have had to RMA both keyboards and i am still waiting for my replacement after waiting almost a month. estimated delivery 29th of January. i guess they're just running down my warranty. Sad days :(

Hello Jaystation,

We are not trying to run down your warranty. During the holidays, we sold a ton of keyboards and we are restocking them as fast as we can. PM me your ticket number and I will check with customer service for you.

• 1 year later...

Hey guys,

I bought my Corsair K70 Lux RGB about a year ago.

Today I noticed that one key, specifically the number 5 has a different hue of color from the others. It's always a bit darker than the other keys around it.

I was wondering if the other people who had this type of issue, if they found a solution after all.

Wow, here's a blast from the past! I still had this thread marked for e-mail notifications and was very surprised to see one pop up this morning! :laughing:

Did you manage to resolve the issue? As the letter X is doing the same now on my K95 RGB.

Hey guys,

I bought my Corsair K70 Lux RGB about a year ago.

Today I noticed that one key, specifically the number 5 has a different hue of color from the others. It's always a bit darker than the other keys around it.

I was wondering if the other people who had this type of issue, if they found a solution after all.

I contacted Corsair Support and went through the whole "hard firmware reflash" process with them as Inheritance suggested but unfortunately nothing we tried there made any difference. Long story short, in the end I just had to send it back and get a replacement, which then worked perfectly - third time lucky, I guess!

Although it didn't work for me, I would still suggest contacting Corsair for the firmware reflash in the first instance; no point going through the hassle of replacing the whole keyboard if you don't have to. Unfortunately for me, the latter was the only option I had left.

Oh and just a thought: if one of your keys is lighting in a different colour to all the others, I'm now just wondering whether you might be able to use CUE to set that key in a different colour, which the keyboard might then display as more accurate to what you want. Not an ideal situation and I guess it could take a lot of time to experiment with it for something that's not even guaranteed to work, but I'm just throwing it out there.

Sorry I can't be more help than that, guys. Like I said, my third keyboard ended up working fine, so I'm sure there are "correct" ones out there.

if one of your keys is lighting in a different colour to all the others, I'm now just wondering whether you might be able to use CUE to set that key in a different colour, which the keyboard might then display as more accurate to what you want. Not an ideal situation and I guess it could take a lot of time to experiment with it for something that's not even guaranteed to work, but I'm just throwing it out there.

Sorry I can't be more help than that, guys. Like I said, my third keyboard ended up working fine, so I'm sure there are "correct" ones out there.

To see if software reprogramming via CUE can be effective for setting a desired color, I recommend trying to set the LED to a few settings, and observing the result: 100% RED, 100% GREEN, 100% BLUE. If any of these colors is not showing anything, then you may need to RMA. If all the colors are simply switched around, then you can use CUE to figure out how to program to rogue light. Also, once you have achieved the desired HUE, if your intensity is too low, then you need to RMA, otherwise, you can most likely reduce the settings using CUE to make the LED match the others.

• 2 years later...
My K95 had an issue right out of the box where the mute key could only use shade of green and blue. For whatever reason the "R" in "RGB" was broken. I am getting a replacement K95.

I've just purchased a used, good as new K95 RGB Cherry Red for half the new price. It is experiencing the same problem: no red light on the mute key.

This used one is a backup to my existing one, which is Cherry Brown. I must say, I do like the Cherry Red feeling a lot, so I think I'll keep using this one for the time being.

Wish I had gone with Cherry Red on my first one as well. What have I been missing out all these years?

Oh, well... better to have a malfunctioning mute button than any other button. I've simply turned its light off in my profile.

You've just gotta have 2 keyboards like this, because who knows how long it will take Corsair to come around and produce another 18 G-Key keyboard.