Corsair Community

Remote System Monitor for iCue?

solarity

I am thinking of writing a script that will parse in the stats logs that can be generated by iCue and displaying them in a simple website on a browser of a remote device. I am wondering if anyone else has any interest in it, it will impact how much effort/functionality I will put into it. I do like the dashboard in many ways, though I haven't been liking having a 23" monitor next to my 27". I would rather have it displayed on a ~10" tablet

I am thinking of writing a script that will parse in the stats logs that can be generated by iCue and displaying them in a simple website on a browser of a remote device. I am wondering if anyone else has any interest in it, it will impact how much effort/functionality I will put into it. I do like the dashboard in many ways, though I haven't been liking having a 23" monitor next to my 27". I would rather have it displayed on a ~10" tablet

I'd actually like to see iCue work with a Remote Desktop Connection ... e.g. you can log into the workstation remote (via RDP) and be able to see values and change lighting options, at least for fans and stuff.

Beyond that ... the Corsair Service communicates with the UI via Named Pipes so it should be possible to actually connect over an authenticated network connection, should Corsair decide to enable that. Which would be cool.

I'd actually like to see iCue work with a Remote Desktop Connection ... e.g. you can log into the workstation remote (via RDP) and be able to see values and change lighting options, at least for fans and stuff.

Beyond that ... the Corsair Service communicates with the UI via Named Pipes so it should be possible to actually connect over an authenticated network connection, should Corsair decide to enable that. Which would be cool.

I looked into this myself, though was worried about the overhead of a RDP session as well as I don't have a anything that really needs to be tweaked, only stats. I have all of my RGB profiles tied into games and I don't have a CoPro, only a LNP. RDP would have been easy as I am wanting to use an old Windows 8 tablet as the stat screen. Then again I do only have Windows 10 Home on my desktop, so I would have to install Windows 10 pro to allow for RDP. Though I am planning on rebuilding my OS as I got another NVME m.2 so I can do raid 0 :)

• 2 months later...

Archived