The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 55 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-05-2014, 12:39 PM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 733061
red-ray Reputation: 81

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukunox View Post
I changed the registry like in many videos shown.
Are you 100% sure you have changed enough in the registry? What does the [USB Bus] page of my SIV (http://rh-software.com/) utility report for the Corsair Integrated USB Bridge?
If it's I/O Error 31 you have not.

Last edited by red-ray; 10-05-2014 at 04:03 PM. Reason: Removed image

Old 10-05-2014, 01:22 PM
ukunox's PC Specs

POST ID # = 733074
ukunox Reputation: 11

It does not identify Corsair. There is a driver issue.
-> Windows Device Section: Unknown USB-Device (Issue while getting Device Report/ Devicestatus: Driverissue)

Newest Update Windows 8.1 installed.
Software newest installed. And what i did is changeing everything
from one to zero in the device properties (regedit) but no effect after restart.

I disabled the cable and boot without it but it back in than it recognized but brought me the
I/O Error 31. Im not a pro when it comes to editing the registry :(

I thank you very much for your help red!
What do i need to do further next to make it work?

Towards Corsair:
What do all the Endusers of CorsairLink do, when they need to creep in the registry
or doing endless forum research before they could use their bought product?
Probably send back their item...or selling it on Amazon.
Cant really believe that these days people need to do such programming things
before they can use their "not very cheap" product. It took time to install the hardware,
it probably will to deinstall the hardware and thats why i give it a try to edit the registry
but this shouldnt be!

A clean simple, fully functional software for all - this is needed, no more blind
updates which makes things worse. No more enduser unfriendly setup of CorsairLink!
The normal in my case aspecially german endusers do have problems to find german
guides and solutions for this torture. The way Corsair link is meant is a great, but how
it works from installing on latest os to probably working is really scary.

Last edited by ukunox; 10-05-2014 at 02:43 PM.

Old 10-05-2014, 03:53 PM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 733117
Default Vendor: 00000 Unknown Device

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukunox View Post
It does not identify Corsair. There is a driver issue.
-> Windows Device Section: Unknown USB-Device (Issue while getting Device Report/ Devicestatus: Driverissue)

I disabled the cable and boot without it but it back in than it recognized but brought me the
I/O Error 31. Im not a pro when it comes to editing the registry :(
Thank you for the screen shot. The "Vendor: 00000 Unknown Device" is a hardware issue. I would try using a different USB port. If you unplug/replug does it go away?

Knowing the registry is correct is tricky so I have added a new page to the latest SIV Beta to report the Device Parameters of the CL devices. It will not work if Vendor: 00000 is reported as it's effectively not the CL device. To get this run SIV 4.48 Beta, do Menu->Tools->Link Devices and post the screen shot. If any of the Device Parameters are checked use regedit to set them to zero. As you do this the SIV panel will update. If regedit is not running and you press the green blob SIV will start regedit at the appropriate key.

Last edited by red-ray; 10-05-2014 at 06:10 PM.

Old 10-05-2014, 05:10 PM
ukunox's PC Specs

POST ID # = 733128

http://www.bilder-upload.eu/show.php...1412543019.jpg

http://www.bilder-upload.eu/show.php...1412543203.jpg

Hope this helps further. :s

Last edited by ukunox; 10-05-2014 at 05:12 PM.

Old 10-05-2014, 05:47 PM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 733137

Thank you for the screen shots. I think your system has a lot of ghost devices and SIV filled up an internal table before it found the online CL device it needed so I will have a think about how to rework the code. In the meantime you could do what https://support.microsoft.com/kb/315539 says and uninatall all the ghost HID devices (do Menu->Manage->Devices then select Show hidden). Given the ghosts and the error 31 I think you probably regedited the wrong one.
I have also just uploaded Beta-31 which should do better.

Last edited by red-ray; 10-05-2014 at 07:03 PM.

Old 10-05-2014, 08:28 PM
Haximaxi's PC Specs

POST ID # = 733170
Haximaxi Reputation: 10

It is very cool off you to help Red-Ray, it would have been more appropriate if someone from corsair would actually do it, but it is nice to see some people in the community care enough to help a stranger on the internet on the other side of the world.

Neat little program you got BTW, had a look and it seems very helpful in finding were faults lie if you have hardware problems, you mentioned that it could control the h100i pump (and perhaps even fans?) as well how would one do that?

Old 10-05-2014, 08:43 PM
skrybe's PC Specs

POST ID # = 733173
skrybe Reputation: 10

This version doesn't show the fan speed on my AX760i. Everything else seems to be showing up ok. Win 8.1 64bit on Asus Maximum VI Formula.

Feature request: Can you let us change the fonts and font size for the sensors? Possibly allow the label size for the sensor pictures to be changed as well? A lot of the labels are being clipped. So I have four that read "Asustek Motherboard" and show different temps. They're actually TZ00 temp, TZ01 temp, CPU temp and Mainboard temp but that's not visible because of the clipping.

Also, when choosing the background image, any chance we could get a dropdown list with names as an alternative to scrolling through a bunch of images? Be faster to type the model name than scroll through images.

Old 10-06-2014, 05:27 AM
ukunox's PC Specs

POST ID # = 733233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haximaxi View Post
It is very cool off you to help Red-Ray, it would have been more appropriate if someone from corsair would actually do it, but it is nice to see some people in the community care enough to help a stranger on the internet on the other side of the world.
Indeed. Thank you again. I hope we will have sucess, otherwise i see myself reinstalling Windows 8.1 for an uncounted time.

Old 10-06-2014, 08:07 AM
ukunox's PC Specs

POST ID # = 733253
Default Find Outs

Dear Community,

i managed to get Corsair Link working for one restart than its gone again.

What i've done:

1. I Installed 2.7.5339 (with Cable pluged in) on latest Windows 8.1
2. I restarted
3. Device manager shows a Triangle on Intigrated USB Bridge
4. I deinstalled the Intigrated USB Bridge
4.1. Shut down PC & disabled the Cable from the Unit
5. Started the PC without Cabled Unit
6. Corsair Link opened! -> Repluged the cable (on another port!!! otherwise same issue as 3 but with Vendor 000) while PC running
7. Corsair Link shows Message Devices found restard needed
8. Restart
9. Corsair Link found Pump and Fans
10. Restart ... back on Step 3/ No Pump or Fans recognized -> Sometimes hapens as well when complete closing Corsair Link

SIV shows on USB Bus I/O Error 31 (Connected)
SIV shows on Tools Linked Devices no Device Parameters

http://www.bilder-upload.eu/show.php...1412598315.jpg

http://www.bilder-upload.eu/show.php...1412598452.jpg

Firmware of the Hydro H100i 1.0.7

What else can I do?

Last edited by ukunox; 10-06-2014 at 08:31 AM.

Old 10-06-2014, 02:28 PM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 733383

Try setting AllowIdleIrpInD3 to zero then disable/enable the USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0C04 device and see the the I/O Error 31 is still there.

Old 10-06-2014, 02:39 PM
ukunox's PC Specs

POST ID # = 733389

Quote:
Originally Posted by red-ray View Post
disable/enable the USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0C04 device and see the the I/O Error 31 is still there.
how to disable it? :S

Old 10-06-2014, 05:34 PM
Memhorder's PC Specs

POST ID # = 733444
Memhorder Reputation: 10

Indeed. There are a few here that we can all agree. Scrap the currant software and work from the ground up. The Corsair name is being Tarnished by this software. I mean don't get me wrong by angry words I expressed earlier. I DO like the hardware. It's very sleek and looks good in my PC. The cooling capabilities are good too. The software has got to be changed all together. I know a lot of hours and money was probably and still is being poured into it. Maybe it's flawed because someone is trying to milk more out of it and not produce a complete job. Thus creating more work. I don't know. Hopefully it was under contract.
I'm just irritated because the only two components which gave me trouble are the H100i (Buggy Software) and the RM750 power supply that I have, which apparently I have a bad lot in which case the fan doesn't work on high load. Meaning I have to RMA the damn thing. That's another thread. Oh and I have to buy the dongle separately for it to work with Link. Why doesn't the cord come with the compatible PSU's?
Corsair.....You guys are highly regarded and that why I turned to you. Your reputation is at stake. Please listen to the customers on here.
@Dordian and Wizzything Red-ray too...Power to you guys I hope you guys could find a solution. Like Evilmaster says. It doesn't have to be pretty just as long as you can control the fans with custom curve, control LED and see the Temps and RPM on the Pump just in case of failure.

Last edited by Memhorder; 10-06-2014 at 05:40 PM.

Old 10-07-2014, 06:39 AM
ukunox's PC Specs

POST ID # = 733577

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memhorder View Post
It doesn't have to be pretty just as long as you can control the fans with custom curve, control LED and see the Temps and RPM on the Pump just in case of failure.
Well for what i have payed,...i would aspect prettyness too.
Of course for "now on" it would be enouph that the software would do its job.
But i already wait about a year like other persons who got that cooling unit.
They really need to offer a software which will be 100% compatible with
windows 8.1,...noone wants to wait until windows 10 is out before
this works. At the moment what ray showed me on my computer it
needs so much skill and effort to get this running, that there
cant be any "normal" enduser who get this running by hisself.
So i would aspect that there are a way to much rma's...
software related.

Old 10-07-2014, 03:52 PM
evilmaster's PC Specs

POST ID # = 733725
evilmaster Reputation: 15

Got another issue here now.. After a while CorsairLink.exe starts to consume lots of CPU.

What would happen if the application hangs? Will the fans not adjust anymore? I'm kind of worried!

Same specs and version as mentioned before. Going to reinstall it to see if that helps (I doubt it). Might have to go back to v2.7.5339 again.

Old 10-07-2014, 03:55 PM
Doridian's PC Specs

POST ID # = 733726
Doridian Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilmaster View Post
Got another issue here now.. After a while CorsairLink.exe starts to consume lots of CPU.

What would happen if the application hangs? Will the fans not adjust anymore? I'm kind of worried!

Same specs and version as mentioned before. Going to reinstall it to see if that helps (I doubt it). Might have to go back to v2.7.5339 again.
You can actually quit the application and everything will keep working as is.
The Corsair devices are autonomous, they can keep themselves working.

1 members found this post helpful.
Closed Thread