The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 95 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-02-2013, 12:53 AM
Scotty_Two's PC Specs

POST ID # = 668028
Scotty_Two Reputation: 6

Well for what it's worth, here's the changes from 8 to 8.1:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...k_improvements

Old 08-02-2013, 12:46 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 668114
RAM GUY Reputation: 10

And if you read through the changes they are all about issues with USB controllers both USB2.0 and 3.0 in Windows 8. If you read between the lines it is suggesting something..

Old 08-02-2013, 11:10 PM
Scotty_Two's PC Specs

POST ID # = 668207

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAM GUY View Post
If you read between the lines it is suggesting something..
I'm not quite sure what you mean.

Anyways, I've figured out a way to force the recognition of the unit after boot-up, but it's a little hacky and will require some documentation and some files to download (I'll try to get a new thread going this weekend explaining how to set it up and how it works). Hopefully Corsair can come up with an update that addresses 8.1 soon.

Old 08-03-2013, 03:57 PM
Evilpenguin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 668287
Evilpenguin Reputation: 10
Send a message via Skype™ to Evilpenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warboy View Post
Their not even detected on my side. I'm assuming the driver is bad since Windows 8.1 uses WDDM 1.3 [normal 8 used 1.2, 7 used 1.1]
I really don't think Corsair should have to rework their software to make things work. In all honesty, Windows based their new OS (W8) on 1.2, they should make their systems run backwards compatibility for the 1.2 programs on the new 8.1. This bit of software isn't the only thing not working with 8.1, I just built a system and used 8.1 preview as a cheap way to avoid blowing 100$ on an OS license (for now) and ive ran into multiple things that simply do not work. Things that come across as basic essentials (Ex: anti-virus).
I definitely feel where you are coming from, its very frustrating that Link2 isn't working, but that's simply the risk you take when using a BETA version of an OS. Same crap happened when I BETA'd Windows 8.

If you want this stuff to work right, spend the 50-90$ on regular windows 8 update and stick to that instead of 8.1 BETA. That's my best recommendation.

I will simply add, my system does not pick up anything either. Fans, pump, LED, nothing but the CPU and HHD temps, which doesn't seem accurate and aren't if you match it up to HWMonitor.

Last edited by Evilpenguin; 08-03-2013 at 03:59 PM.

Old 08-03-2013, 04:34 PM
Scotty_Two's PC Specs

POST ID # = 668295

Here's my temporary workaround. Hope it works out for everyone!

Windows 8.1 temporary workaround

Old 08-03-2013, 04:35 PM
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 668296
wytnyt wytnyt Reputation: 159
Send a message via ICQ to wytnyt Send a message via AIM to wytnyt Send a message via Yahoo to wytnyt Send a message via Skype™ to wytnyt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilpenguin View Post
I really don't think Corsair should have to rework their software to make things work. In all honesty, Windows based their new OS (W8) on 1.2, they should make their systems run backwards compatibility for the 1.2 programs on the new 8.1. This bit of software isn't the only thing not working with 8.1, I just built a system and used 8.1 preview as a cheap way to avoid blowing 100$ on an OS license (for now) and ive ran into multiple things that simply do not work. Things that come across as basic essentials (Ex: anti-virus).
I definitely feel where you are coming from, its very frustrating that Link2 isn't working, but that's simply the risk you take when using a BETA version of an OS. Same crap happened when I BETA'd Windows 8.

If you want this stuff to work right, spend the 50-90$ on regular windows 8 update and stick to that instead of 8.1 BETA. That's my best recommendation.

I will simply add, my system does not pick up anything either. Fans, pump, LED, nothing but the CPU and HHD temps, which doesn't seem accurate and aren't if you match it up to HWMonitor.
your right,the link was out before any win8 and it should be up to microsoft to make things compatible but try telling that to some win8 users

Old 08-06-2013, 01:00 PM
PeterPS's PC Specs

POST ID # = 668720
PeterPS Reputation: 10

I don't quite agree with all microsoft decisions... like, blocking the boot to desktop option, and the damn multiuser login screen issue.. and few others
But in spite of that, windows 8 is a great OS.. windows 8.1 is bit more as it should really be.
Microsoft do force users and software developers to "accept" their changes

And yes, its up to Corsair to make their software compatible and functional to Windows current release... as all other companies have to [I do not agree with that MS politic!]

So, Corsair software have to be windows 8 compatible. And no, you can't expect everything to be functional in beta softwares. Windows 8.1 preview is just a part of what will be the final release, it probably doesn't have all the code. You can't blame Corsair for their software not working on a beta OS

Old 08-17-2013, 11:08 PM

POST ID # = 670442
jonahchavarria Reputation: 10

how can i get back to windows 8? Im tired of this preview its done nothing but cause problems.

Old 08-17-2013, 11:17 PM
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 670443
wytnyt wytnyt Reputation: 159
Send a message via ICQ to wytnyt Send a message via AIM to wytnyt Send a message via Yahoo to wytnyt Send a message via Skype™ to wytnyt

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterPS View Post
And yes, its up to Corsair to make their software compatible and functional to Windows current release... as all other companies have to [I do not agree with that MS politic!]
actually many companys including corsair have to wait till microsoft gives them some codings so they can work up a patch/fix to a problem.many complain corsair is dragging its feet on some fixes where actually the feet dragging is on the microsoft end...

Old 08-19-2013, 07:30 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 670667

Lets put it this way lets say I want to make a move based on an unfinished script, which happens a lot or I like a script but there are some changes I want to make in the script because of unforeseen issue or cast change's which also happens a lot. But production has already started do you totally stop production which costs you a few hundred thousand a day to stop and do nothing or do you proceed with the parts you can complete? It is not that different when developing a new piece of software that has many complicated parts and thus why they call it a beta release so they can give it out and have people test it for free. rather than paying programmers thousands to de-bug something and they still miss it because they would never think of doing something they way Someone like my wife would. Please just relax and look at the bigger picture. That is why with some movies at the end you have more than one ending that can totally change the meaning of the movie. The Butterfly Effect is a great example of that.

Last edited by RAM GUY; 08-22-2013 at 03:26 PM.

Old 08-22-2013, 06:24 AM
Gamer
Sottti's PC Specs

POST ID # = 671054
Sottti Reputation: 10

Hi there,

It's confirmed that Windows 8.1 will be launched in October as a free update for all Windows 8 users.

Till now, there is only a preview.

Old 08-22-2013, 03:26 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 671145

Do you have a link to the press release?

Old 08-23-2013, 08:33 AM
Gamer
Sottti's PC Specs

POST ID # = 671259
Sottti Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAM GUY View Post
Do you have a link to the press release?
Yeap.

http://blogs.windows.com/windows/b/b...ndows-8-1.aspx

Quoting:

Quote:
I am excited to share that starting at 12:00am on October 18th in New Zealand (that’s 4:00am October 17th in Redmond), Windows 8.1 and Windows RT 8.1 will begin rolling out worldwide as a free update for consumers with Windows 8 or Windows RT devices through the Windows Store. Windows 8.1 will also be available at retail and on new devices starting on October 18th by market
Official windows blog.

Old 08-28-2013, 03:30 PM
TLBradbury's PC Specs

POST ID # = 671944
TLBradbury Reputation: 10

BTW - I don't know if any of you have heard this yet. Even though 8.1 has been RTM'd, Microsoft is bypassing the standard courtesies of giving access ahead of time to the developer community (I can't WAIT until Ballmer's gone!). MSDN and TechNet subscribers have to wait until launch just like everyone else. Hardware vendors can still get it ahead of time though.

Old 08-29-2013, 03:44 AM
The Doctor
Warboy's PC Specs

POST ID # = 672030
Warboy Reputation: 10
Send a message via AIM to Warboy Send a message via MSN to Warboy Send a message via Yahoo to Warboy Send a message via Skype™ to Warboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLBradbury View Post
BTW - I don't know if any of you have heard this yet. Even though 8.1 has been RTM'd, Microsoft is bypassing the standard courtesies of giving access ahead of time to the developer community (I can't WAIT until Ballmer's gone!). MSDN and TechNet subscribers have to wait until launch just like everyone else. Hardware vendors can still get it ahead of time though.
And RTM has leaked. So final 8.1 is in the hands of people now.