Corsair Community

HP Omen X x Chassi with Hydro X

Tardone

Hi everyone.

I've got the following setup:

HP Omen X case,

ASUS PRIME B360M-A - mATX / B360

Intel Core i7-8700

Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 (the one included in the Corsair One Pro)

Currently I have two Corsair Hydro H55 cooling both my CPU and GPU (nzxt kraken G12 on the GPU) but I'm looking to first change my CPU cooler to a Hydro X custom loop and later the GPU but I want to upgrade to 2080 first. Since the case doesn't exist in the configurator and it's pretty special in terms of how it looks I'm a little nervous about using the generic one.

Does anyone have any experience with the case or would be able to provide some insights into what parts I'd need in order to cool my CPU, with the possibility of later adding the GPU? This would be my first custom loop and I'd be super happy with any help I can get.

When it comes to water cooling, I find the most frustrating thing is when you get a case that is not easy to work in. Does that case support anything larger than a 120/140mm single rads? A 120/140mm length rad isn't cheap, compared to a 240mm or 360mm for the price to performance.

I would rethink your case selection, before attempting to do Hydro X. There are lots of good cases out there.