The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Enthusiasts Section > System Builds, Modding, Custom Components, and Picture Gallery

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-03-2019, 10:37 PM
Willdebeast34 Willdebeast34 is offline
Registered User
Willdebeast34's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 4
POST ID # = 1016759
Willdebeast34 Reputation: 10
Default Commander Pro Modding Issues

Hello brand new to the forum so I apologize if this is in the wrong place.

Summary: Just got the Corsair 460x RGB case, which includes 3 RGB 120mm fans up front with a lighting controller in the back. I bought the H100-RGB Platinum Pro 240mm AIO cooler and an extra 120 mm LL fan. Total 6 fans. I bought the commander pro to connect all of them. I am having all sorts of issues with the RGB. All of the fans work but based on what configuration I have the power/RGB connectors in, some fans will light up and sometimes they won't. The front 3 fans have not lite up once.

Attached are two configurations that I have tried and still no luck. If someone could explain how to set it up from scratch I would greatly appreciate it.

https://ibb.co/kHhTBGD
https://ibb.co/fCbSJPP
Reply With Quote


  #2  
Old 09-03-2019, 10:43 PM
Furyan's Avatar
Furyan Furyan is offline
Registered User
Furyan's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 11
POST ID # = 1016761
Furyan Reputation: 10
Default Possible Cause

From reading about the Commander Pro when I bought mine I believe it said that the fans all had to be of the same series.
Reply With Quote


  #3  
Old 09-03-2019, 11:02 PM
Willdebeast34 Willdebeast34 is offline
Registered User
Willdebeast34's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 4
POST ID # = 1016763
Willdebeast34 Reputation: 10
Default

Okay well then I believe the H100 fans are ML series and the 3 in the front are SP series. So is it possible to still connect all of them and just not have them sync in color?

Last edited by Willdebeast34; 09-03-2019 at 11:07 PM.
Reply With Quote


  #4  
Old 09-04-2019, 12:01 AM
Johnny_B500 Johnny_B500 is offline
Registered User
Johnny_B500's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 116
POST ID # = 1016765
Johnny_B500 Reputation: 15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willdebeast34 View Post
Okay well then I believe the H100 fans are ML series and the 3 in the front are SP series. So is it possible to still connect all of them and just not have them sync in color?
Due to the different LED configurations per fan model/type, you can only connect 1 fan type (ML for example) per RGB Hub. In theory, you could connect different fan types to the same RGB hub but you wont be able to configure them (under 'Lighting Setup' in iCUE) to display RGB correctly.

Check out the RGB FAQ/Guide linked below:

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880
__________________
570X Mirror Black

Reply With Quote


  #5  
Old 09-04-2019, 12:11 PM
Willdebeast34 Willdebeast34 is offline
Registered User
Willdebeast34's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 4
POST ID # = 1016854
Willdebeast34 Reputation: 10
Default

Thanks for the replies everyone. I ended up buying 3 corsair SP series fans to match the 3 that came with the case and I am going to return the other 3 fans that I had(2 ML, and LL). If I configure it the same way as in my first attachments do you think I will have no issues now?
Reply With Quote


  #6  
Old 09-04-2019, 03:39 PM
Willdebeast34 Willdebeast34 is offline
Registered User
Willdebeast34's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 4
POST ID # = 1016872
Willdebeast34 Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_B500 View Post
Due to the different LED configurations per fan model/type, you can only connect 1 fan type (ML for example) per RGB Hub. In theory, you could connect different fan types to the same RGB hub but you wont be able to configure them (under 'Lighting Setup' in iCUE) to display RGB correctly.

Check out the RGB FAQ/Guide linked below:

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880
Sorry to bother again. Ty for your advice. I ordered 3 of the SP fans to match the 3 included. I have run into a new problem though. Testing the 3 fans up front with the Light hub in the back, which every fan is plugged into slot 1 the RGB works. Fans plugged into 2, 3, 4, ,5 ,6 RGB do NOT work. Is this a defective case?
Reply With Quote


  #7  
Old 09-04-2019, 04:37 PM
Johnny_B500 Johnny_B500 is offline
Registered User
Johnny_B500's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 116
POST ID # = 1016877
Johnny_B500 Reputation: 15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willdebeast34 View Post
Sorry to bother again. Ty for your advice. I ordered 3 of the SP fans to match the 3 included. I have run into a new problem though. Testing the 3 fans up front with the Light hub in the back, which every fan is plugged into slot 1 the RGB works. Fans plugged into 2, 3, 4, ,5 ,6 RGB do NOT work. Is this a defective case?
Unfortunately I'm not actually familiar with that case and for some reason Corsair doesn't have the user manual online (at least on the Canadian site). My initial thought would be that you haven't added the 6 x fans under 'Lighting Setup' in iCUE. Would that be the issue?
__________________
570X Mirror Black

Reply With Quote


Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.