Corsair Community

SOLVED - Save Profile to Device

Recently I brought the K70 RGB MK.2. I can't find save profile to device on iCUE. Thought Keyboard is defective.

After little research, hope I found the solution.:biggrin:

It is not about the iCUE or hardware issue.

I'm running

iCUE Version 3.15.101

Keyboard Firmware Version 3.24

WE NEED TO SOFT-RESET THE KEYBOARD

Follow these steps to Soft Reset the Keyboard

1. Quit iCUE
  2. Unplug the keyboard
  3. With the keyboard unplugged, hold down the ESC key.
  4. While holding down the ESC key, plug the keyboard back into the computer.
  5. After about 20 seconds, release the ESC key.
  6. If done correctly, your keyboard's lighting will flash.

For the K95 RGB Platinum, this process is slightly different:

1. Quit iCUE
  2. Unplug the keyboard
  3. With the keyboard unplugged, hold down the ESC key.
  4. While holding down the ESC key, plug the keyboard back into the computer.
  5. Hold the key down until the keyboard begins to flash.
  6. Unplug the keyboard and plug it back in.

Official Link to Keyboard Soft-Reset

Official Link to Mouse Soft-Reset

Issues:

1. You cant export or copy the Default Profile to Onboard Memory. You need to Select one of the Onboard Memory Profile (HW1, HW2, HW3) and select Lightening effect.
  2. Only 5 custom or 1 predefined lightening effects can be created for Hardware Profiles.

NOTE: I don't have K95 RGB or Corsair Mouse to check this method. If anyone have K95 RGB or Corsair Mouse, try this method and comment on this thread

Onboard-Memory.jpg

i-CUE-Version.jpg

Edited by vichu

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Different keyboards have different save methodologies. The OP was attempting to use a save method that did not exist for his/her model. You don't necessarily need to soft or hard reset your keyboard to address this.

A K70 LUX has the older the "save to device" option from within the iCUE menu. A K70 RGB MK.2 has 3 onboard profiles, so a save slot methodology is used.

I have a K70 RGB MK2 SE - which is a regular K70 apart from the outside - but also have the same issue.

iCUE does not let me save my custom profile to the keyboard - there is no option to it. It loads, whenever windows loads iCUE, but if it doesn't, then it won't show my custom lights, which is not much:

- lighting : type key

- lighting : ripple

- rain

I was thinking of modifying the HW profiles, which are available, but that gives the error message "Maximum 5 custom or 1 predefined user lighting effects can be created for Hardware profiles" and if I delete the HW profiles, they will get re-created once the system reboots.

Do you have any other ideas on how to get the above custom profile saved to the keyboard?

Thanks a lot.

Don't delete your HW profiles. You need them, or rather you did until iCUE 3.27 which will let you do the same thing from any software profile.

The "Maximum 5 custom...." message is because you violated the save rules and it is stating what they are. You can pick from one of the presets in the left column or you can use up to 5 custom effects from the Solid/Static/Gradient/Wave/Ripple list. But you cannot take some of each.

Once you straighten out the lighting, go to the Onboard profiles tab at the bottom left. There should be a picture of the three save slots. Click the one that matches the HW profile #1-3 and overwrite.

The "Maximum 5 custom...." message is because you violated the save rules and it is stating what they are. You can pick from one of the presets in the left column or you can use up to 5 custom effects from the Solid/Static/Gradient/Wave/Ripple list. But you cannot take some of each.

THIS is my problem.

Why can't it save 3 different lighting modes, when it works with the software on, but cannot be saved to the keyboard's memory?

Does make very little sense to me, but prove me wrong.

Because when you save to the device, then the device itself needs to be able to manage and control the lighting. There is a vast difference between the capabilities of the PC system as a whole vs the tiny little MCU tucked into a mouse or keyboard. If you need a 7 layer lighting pattern, run the software.

• 4 weeks later...
Don't delete your HW profiles. You need them, or rather you did until iCUE 3.27 which will let you do the same thing from any software profile.

Once you straighten out the lighting, go to the Onboard profiles tab at the bottom left. There should be a picture of the three save slots. Click the one that matches the HW profile #1-3 and overwrite.

a visual to what he said

[ame]

[/ame] Edited by adrian97c

• 2 weeks later...
a visual to what he said

Hey there,

I am also using the same keyboard and having difficulty saving a hardware profile. While I watched the video and followed everything you did (as far as I can tell), when it comes to the final point of saving the profile it goes through the process of saving but I end up with an unlit keyboard. Did you come across this issue at all? Do you have any idea of what I might be doing wrong here? No worries if not, I'll have to keep tinkering.

Thanks in advance!

While running iCUE, it will not show you the HW lighting except in the HW Lighting Tab where you chose it. You need to quit iCUE or wait until the next boot cycle to see the end result. You can shuffle between the three saved HW profiles with the Profile button on the top left of the keyboard.

• 2 weeks later...

New poster here. I just want to confirm that the result of this thread is that you CAN save profiles to the 3 memory slots of either a K70 Mk2 or a K95 Platinum.

I am on the verge of returning a Razer Blackwidow Elite because I didn't do enough research into the "memory" on these keyboards (and I think they have a bit of a deceptive marketing approach to their memory). You cannot save any RGB lighting profiles or effects on their hardware as it relies on a cloud connection via the Synapse software. Only the macros are saved to the memory slots locally.

So my thought was to go with one of the above Corsair options because I want to be able to set up the keyboard to my liking - with all three slots, possibly - and select them from the hardware (not via software). I want this because I connect a variety of different computers to my monitor/keyboard setup in my home office (personal thinkpad, work Dell, personal thinkpad with Ubuntu, and occasionally an older Mac that is running dual boot windows and MacOS). The Ubuntu and MacOS entries in that list are the ones that don't work well with the Razer.

So to reiterate my question - is the above possible? Can I create 3 different presets on the keyboard, with a few macros and lighting schemes and swtich between them with the button on the keyboard? Ideally I would probably want to do at most 2 layers of RGB effects on them if that is possible (like a rain effect over top of a solid background color, or a Reactive effect (this is the name on Razer where the key lights up and fades away) or a ripple effect layered on top of a solid background or even the "fire" effect (if that is available on corsair).

Is what I describe above possible??

Thanks in advance!

New poster here. I just want to confirm that the result of this thread is that you CAN save profiles to the 3 memory slots of either a K70 Mk2 or a K95 Platinum.

The K70 MK.2 and K95 Platinum have 3 slots. The K95 XT has 5 slots. They all save basic lighting schemes (1 preset or 5 individual effects), but you cannot combine those -- like "Rain" (a preset) over an individual effect (static color). There are enough possible combinations to keep normal people satisfied, but if you really want a unique color for each of your 48 macros, well that's what the software is for.

There are some limits for macros in HW mode as well. It has to be something natively understood by the OS. Key remaps, macros, text phrases, media keys all are standard. Application launches and disabling functions are not part of that, although perhaps through a 3rd party application for the creative types.

The K70 MK.2 and K95 Platinum have 3 slots. The K95 XT has 5 slots. They all save basic lighting schemes (1 preset or 5 individual effects), but you cannot combine those -- like "Rain" (a preset) over an individual effect (static color). There are enough possible combinations to keep normal people satisfied, but if you really want a unique color for each of your 48 macros, well that's what the software is for.

There are some limits for macros in HW mode as well. It has to be something natively understood by the OS. Key remaps, macros, text phrases, media keys all are standard. Application launches and disabling functions are not part of that, although perhaps through a 3rd party application for the creative types.

OK - that helps a lot - thanks!

Does the "rain" function preset have a mode that allows for a basic background color other than "off"? I have the icue software on my son's desktop machine (for controlling the lighting of the fans in a Corsair case (and 2 added fans), but I can't try out the keyboard stuff since I don't have the hardware (yet). I like that one, but i like to have some lighting on the keys that aren't active with the actual raindrops (for visibliity in the dark).

Also, is there a function like the "Fire" option that is present in the Razer Synapse software? I would like to set something like that in a hardware profile preset if possible too...

• 9 months later...
a visual to what he said

Bro, THANK YOU!!!!!

I was screwing around with this on my K100 keyboard for hours, and I figured out that overwriting the profile is saving. But for the life of me, I couldn't understand why I would exit the software and selecting different hardware modes (using that button just to the left of the round wheel knob) would change profiles, but my keyboard lighting was not changing.

After watching your video, I saw that you not only exited out of the iCue software, but you also went to the task tray and exited out of the iCue software down there. That immediately fixed it, and as soon as I did that, my keyboard now works the way I think it should. I can switch between my lighting profiles in hardware mode now.

CORSAIR: You really need to fix that. It is not user intuitive at all. When I exit out of iCue, that should be all that needs to happen!!!