Corsair Community

Lightning node pro/ RGB hub compatibility

Tisthejameson

I'm very new to Corsair's RGB hardware (I really regret waiting this long) but I'm working on a project and looking for advice. I am trying to hook up other ARGB lighting that is embedded into my liquid cooling components. I'm curious if it's possible to control those using the lightning node pro and iCUE, specifically looking to connect a CPU block and distro plate which both have ARGB lighting. Besides the molex connectors and pinout can I control the lighting with the node pro and/or RGB hub? I currently have 3 ML120's connected through the RGB hub to ch1 on the node pro.

It is possible but not officially supported. There are 3rd party adapters out there that you can get. The simplest is if they have the motherboard-style connector (it's not standard and I refuse to call it that) but other connectors can also be accommodated.

I don't expect it to be an officially supported way of using the node pro, just a weird situation I'm trying to make work with the hardware I have already built. apparently I didn't look hard enough (even after a few hours of research before posting) and see adapters. fortunately the CPU block is unterminated so connector choice is open but the distro plate does have a 5050 style connector on it which ill end up terminating to plug directly into the node or RGB hub if the hub can talk to the rgb strip. Ironically i found a random argb strip in a box with the correct connector, plugged right into the node pro and works flawlessly. Assuming if i can't get argb to work on the rgb hub a second node pro will be on the list along with a few more ML120's since they're fantastic. I appreciate your help