Corsair Community

My Corsair 1500 are having the oh so common crackling issue :c

LadyBrecky

I am hearing crackling and slight distortion with my new Corsair 1500's the weird thing though that leads me to believe it is not a defective headset is that I can start up my computer and it is all fine for about an hour or two.

Then the crackling will start and doesn't really seem to stop until a reboot. Before anyone suggests these things I will list the things I have tried.

Turning the windows sound up to 24 bit 96000.

Disabling onboard audio and Nvidia control panel HDMI audio.

Tried 2 different USB 2.0 ports, and even though I know most people have problems just for test purposes I even tried a USB 3.0 port.

Tried several different EQ settings.

Tried disabling MIC loopback, and have also muted/unmuted the mic when testing.

I really don't want to hear to try it on another PC considering I have used two other headsets on this PC and none of them had these very annoying issues that TONS of users have reported indicating it is a problem on Corsair's end.

Sorry if this comes off as rude but I am really quite frustrated I just payed over $65 for these headphones and my old Turtle beach DX11's never had these issues. Also just for the info it isn't exclusive to certain applications and games, in Call of duty Black ops the announcer voice crackles a ton. When I watch The Office on netflix I hear crackling. I am just so upset I really don't want to RMA this headset I have been without headphones for over a week now and I hate having to use speakers.

I uploaded a picture of my current settings in the drivers.

20121028000510757.thumb.jpeg.7983d453c3a9f6cee8139bad48722194.jpeg

sorry to hear of your issues but you can request an advanced rma where its sent to you first before sending the old unit back.

hope this helps.

That sounds good but I am really worried that the next headset will be the same, there are a decent amount of reports of people RMA'ing just to get another headset with the same problems. These really seem like such great headphones but lack of driver support and issues that are so common like this make it so difficult to enjoy the product.

If your replacement headset also has the same issue, contact customer service to and they will sort it out.

Well should I RMA through Amazon since that is where I bought these or Corsair?

Edit: Also I should mention the crackling is only on the right ear as far as I can tell so I guess that indicates a faulty headset?

np, if you have any other questions feel free to ask.

Where do I tell them that I would like to keep my current headset until the new one arrives? The email for the RMA said not to directly reply and I see no options on the site to send another message.

You'll need to request an advanced RMA.

You can do that by calling customer service via phone. If you are not in the US, You can use Skype and call their Toll-free number found on the website under contact.

Aw is there really no other way? I might as well not do that since it sounds like a hassle.

• Corsair Employee
It is for your protection to call in for an advance RMA because customer service requires a credit card for a hold to be placed in order to ship the product out first. This information would not be secure if you were to pass it to them in email.

It is for your protection to call in for an advance RMA because customer service requires a credit card for a hold to be placed in order to ship the product out first. This information would not be secure if you were to pass it to them in email.

Well I ended up asking for an advanced RMA since I can't be without headphones because of how many games I play require good hearing.

Archived