The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cases

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-06-2018, 06:19 PM
picmanic's PC Specs

POST ID # = 953583
picmanic Reputation: 10
Default Motherboard mounting bolt on Obsidian 750D Airflow Edition

You'll have to forgive my ignorance on this. Been a few years since I last built a PC. It's just that I don't recall a motherboard 'alignment mounting bolt' in my last PC case. Useful for aligning board but now have questions...

New build is in progress with the Asus Prime Z370-A (socket 1151) ATX motherboard in the Obsidian 750D Airflow Edition. With the 'bolt' using the centre motherboard hole I cannot obviously use all 9 screws as m/b manual recommends.

Is the 'bolt' (like an upturned screw) okay to leave protruding bare through centre of board? Was there another type of stand-off I should have applied to this bolt before securing board in case? Will this part of board be supported enough when I install components to the board?

Probably stupid questions to ask but like I said been a while since I last installed a board. I guess I'm just checking I haven't missed something and seeing it is the case which is raising doubts...

Any help/reassurance appreciated.

Thanks

Old 05-06-2018, 07:02 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 953606
Corsair StormShadow Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by picmanic View Post
You'll have to forgive my ignorance on this. Been a few years since I last built a PC. It's just that I don't recall a motherboard 'alignment mounting bolt' in my last PC case. Useful for aligning board but now have questions...

New build is in progress with the Asus Prime Z370-A (socket 1151) ATX motherboard in the Obsidian 750D Airflow Edition. With the 'bolt' using the centre motherboard hole I cannot obviously use all 9 screws as m/b manual recommends.

Is the 'bolt' (like an upturned screw) okay to leave protruding bare through centre of board? Was there another type of stand-off I should have applied to this bolt before securing board in case? Will this part of board be supported enough when I install components to the board?

Probably stupid questions to ask but like I said been a while since I last installed a board. I guess I'm just checking I haven't missed something and seeing it is the case which is raising doubts...

Any help/reassurance appreciated.

Thanks
No worries, when it comes to expensive components, there’s no such thing as stupid question!

The screw you’re describing is just a ‘place holder’ there’s no “cap” or anything to attach to it. Happy building!

Old 05-07-2018, 05:03 AM
picmanic's PC Specs

POST ID # = 953643
picmanic Reputation: 10

Thank you, that's good to know!

Tags
case, motherboard mounting, mounting bolt, obsidian 750d, stand off