The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 27 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-15-2015, 08:03 PM
E_dizzy's PC Specs

POST ID # = 753911
E_dizzy Reputation: 10

Same issue here, just bought K65. I can either wait 5 minutes for comp to boot up, or I can unplug the keyboard and its fine. May need to return if patch isn't released soon.

MOBO: Asus Maximus VII Hero
Windows Professional 8.1

Last edited by E_dizzy; 01-15-2015 at 08:15 PM.

Old 01-18-2015, 08:30 AM
cor9's PC Specs

POST ID # = 754550
cor9 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair James View Post
Hi all, just as an update, we're currently in the testing phase a new FW version. However, I wanted to emphasize that these post delays you're seeing isn't caused by the keyboard but rather the enumeration process on the motherboard. We're implementing some workarounds for certain systems but because of the varying chipsets and custom BIOS from each motherboard manufacturer, it's difficult to isolate a single solution that fits all.

Here are some tips I recommend that may help solve the issue that I have received confirmation from others :

1.) Ensure latest BIOS is use for your motherboard, especially with patches that improve USB Compatibility.

2.) If your BIOS supports it, make sure that it is using FULL (not partial) initialization on POST. This is typically a setting in the BIOS itself.

3.) Try switching USB ports (from USB 2.0 to USB 3.0 and vice versa). Some boards may have the USB ports driven by a non-native controller that may cause longer enumeration processes.

4.) Enable USB Legacy Devices in the BIOS.

If none of these help, post here with your motherboard and BIOS version so we can review it.

Thanks everyone for your patience.
Tried all of these, even though regarding 2.), I couldn't find any option like that in my BIOS. Either way, the problem still persists. My motherboard is the ASRock Z97 Fatal1ty Killer. I felt like the latest BIOS update from Dec 31 helped a little bit, though, and I'm seeing the delays less often at the moment. Still, they're not gone, so please fix this asap.

Edit: Okay, I'm not seeing the delays less often, just was lucky for a few days apparently, since it's happening all the time again now. Hoping the new FW update is ready soon

Last edited by cor9; 01-20-2015 at 07:57 AM.

Old 01-24-2015, 01:38 AM
Mr Moist's PC Specs

POST ID # = 755716
Mr Moist Reputation: 10

Thanks cor9 full initialization in the bios fixed it !

Old 01-24-2015, 05:08 PM
mkp0203's PC Specs

POST ID # = 755855
mkp0203 Reputation: 5
Default Issues with my RGB since October 2014

So basically here are my issues with this keyboard:

1) When I reboot my PC, or turn it on cold, the keyboard never works/starts in the correct profile that I have it set in. It ALWAYS starts in the Red/White stock array. I have to log into Windows and then open the CUE client for it to work.

2) My computer sometimes lags at start-up and won't move past the "ASUS" monitor screen. When I reach behind my computer and quickly unplug/re-plug in the keyboard from the USB port, it bypasses this screen and initiated start-up. Although this seems to be a temporary fix, its incredibly annoying and should be an issue with an almost $200 keyboard.

3) Lately the keyboard/CUE software isn't working well. The keyboard will not change to the proper array when CUE is started, and instead gives me a "No Device Detected" error. This is something new and I resume to be happening because I updated CUE semi-recently.

Questions that I have and need to be answered ASAP:

1) Is Corsair even giving 2 sh**s about their customers and trying to fix this? Because it's literally been ~3 months with no fix.

2) How should I be plugging in this defective piece of crap? 1 USB? Both USB? Into USB 2.0 or 3.0? What is the most effective way to handle this?

3) How much compensation will Corsair give to their loyal customers who they are taking advantage of week after week, after week? (Obvious troll question, as Corsair will never do something like that...)]

Thanks!

Last edited by mkp0203; 01-24-2015 at 05:24 PM.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-27-2015, 09:31 PM
DarkAcid's PC Specs

POST ID # = 756581
DarkAcid Reputation: 10

Just received this K70 and having the same issue. I can get past the splash screen, but Windows takes about 2 minutes to boot from the welcome screen.
I should mention that even after unplugging the keyboard I still have about a 2 minute + boot time. I went from about 30 seconds to over 3 minutes. I don't know what happened, but this occurred after plugging in the keyboard and doing a reboot. I've went into msconfig and booted with minimal services started, same issue. If I go into safe mode it works fine. I tried to do a roll back and I'm having issues with that as well. All of this from this keyboard? Looks like it will go up for sale. I am not OK with having increased boot times with SSD drives. I am also running the latest BIOS. All of this started yesterday after plugging in and updating the firmware on the keyboard. This is just crazy.

Last edited by DarkAcid; 01-28-2015 at 04:01 PM.

Old 01-28-2015, 06:28 AM

POST ID # = 756645
vegi81 Reputation: 10

I have just got the K70 and I am having the same issue when I boot the computer from cold I get a message that no keyboard is detected and then it boots into windows and all is fine. I have tried all the things that have been mentioned with no luck.

Old 01-28-2015, 05:00 PM
DarkAcid's PC Specs

POST ID # = 756797
DarkAcid Reputation: 10

I'm also having issues getting into the BIOS with the keyboard on the BIOS setting. I always have to use my old keyboard if I want to make BIOS changes.

Update: Seems that McAfee Total Protection 2015 has something to do with it. My machine booted fine until the keyboard initialized the driver, did the firmware update and rebooted. If I totally remove McAfee Total Protection it boots fine, no more 2 minute boot times from Welcome screen to desktop. Once I reinstall it, I come back to having the same slow boot times. I checked my event logs and it looks like something is stopping the McAfee services, I'm not sure what is stopping them though. This would explain the slow down. If I can pinpoint what service is stopping the McAfee services then maybe I can prevent to slow boot times. To simply remove my firewall and antivirus to use a keyboard is not an answer. Any ideas?

Last edited by DarkAcid; 01-29-2015 at 10:11 AM.

Old 02-25-2015, 03:29 AM
Grimlok87's PC Specs

POST ID # = 762567
Grimlok87 Reputation: 10

Same problem here...I bought K70 RGB a week ago. For 4 days the keyboard was working great, no slower boot. Then there was "keyboard malfunction" error in CUE and the trouble started. Sometimes the PC was stuck at the ASUS logo, sometimes it wasn't. Yesterday I updated BIOS. Still the same. Tried to enable Full Initialization, enable Legacy support. Connected the keyboard to one USB2, two USB2, one USB3, even two USB3. Sometimes the PC starts normal, sometimes it says that "no keyboard found". My MB is Asus H97-Pro. Everything up-to-date.

Old 02-25-2015, 05:01 AM
JemTheWire's PC Specs

POST ID # = 762574
JemTheWire Reputation: 10

I have found a temporary work round that suits me until this fiasco is sorted. Not bothered about moving/flashing LED's at the moment, so I simply install the CUE software, set a static lighting scheme and save it as default profile TO THE KEYBOARD.

Then I uninstall the CUE software, or in my case, I restore my disk from a clone I made before I installed CUE.

When I power off or reboot I have the static LED scheme on my K70 RGB but I don't get the BOOT/POST freeze any more.

I know that this isn't suitable for everyone, but I am prepared to put up with it for now.

Of course, you cant use macros etc without the CUE software installed either!

FWIW my keyboard is connected via the single USB 3.0 plug.

Old 02-25-2015, 09:41 AM
cor9's PC Specs

POST ID # = 762611

Where is the firmware update that was said to be in testing phase weeks ago?

We have been having this problem for months now, and by now it feels like this will never be resolved...

Old 02-25-2015, 09:50 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
terabyte's PC Specs

POST ID # = 762612
terabyte Reputation: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by cor9 View Post
Where is the firmware update that was said to be in testing phase weeks ago?

We have been having this problem for months now, and by now it feels like this will never be resolved...
James posted an update about all the current "major" issues in this thread: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=137940

Here's the piece of post that talks about the slow boot up:
Quote:
3.) Long POST process in BIOS: This issue is actually related to how certain BIOS in a small group of motherboards have a difficult time communicating with the keyboard in POST. To be frank, the USB enumeration from the keyboard is too quick for some BIOS to properly receive and hence ends up hanging the BIOS for a prolonged (2-3 mins) at a time. This doesn’t affect all BIOS either but it is aggravating for those who experience it. The temporary workaround you can use is to toggle the button on top of the keyboard to change the polling rate from 1/2/4/8 to BIOS and then change it back afterwards. The long term solution is that we may implement some type of delay for the keyboard to be registered to bypass those systems that have this BIOS issue. We’re also working with some of the motherboard manufacturers to resolve it through a BIOS update too.

Old 02-25-2015, 12:19 PM
cor9's PC Specs

POST ID # = 762632

Thanks. I didn't follow the forum much for a while, so I missed this

Old 02-26-2015, 08:06 PM
g3kk0's PC Specs

POST ID # = 762961
g3kk0 Reputation: 10
Default Also applies to Asus Maximus VII Hero

Asus Maximus VII Hero (BIOS version 2201) also has this issue.

Intermittent slow BIOS boot times of 2/3 minutes (but always eventually boots the OS). Tried all combinations of USB ports, BIOS updates, driver updates etc and still no joy.

It's a real shame such a nice product has been plagued with so many problems since release.

Is there an ETA on when the firmware fix will be available?

Can you confirm the board listed above is on the fix list?

Old 03-03-2015, 05:44 PM

POST ID # = 764018
zkanuck Reputation: 10

I have the same slow boot issues w/K65 RGB and EVGA Z97 Classified BIOS v1.07.

Old 03-23-2015, 10:02 AM
g3kk0's PC Specs

POST ID # = 768008
g3kk0 Reputation: 10

Are there any updates on this?