The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 99 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-09-2013, 05:14 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 664028
RAM GUY Reputation: 10
Default M65/M95 Tracking Update

We have been listening to your feedback and working with Pixart (manufacturer of the ADNS 9800 laser sensor) to understand the “lag” some customers have seen with M65 and M95. We believe that we have a fix and are planning to have a beta firmware update that should address this in the next couple of weeks. Stay tuned as we’ll be putting it up here first.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-10-2013, 03:45 PM

POST ID # = 664254
pedro3113 Reputation: 10

Finally some good news, now lets wait and hope that this is really a firmware problem.

Old 07-12-2013, 11:41 PM
GazSkins12's PC Specs

POST ID # = 664683
GazSkins12 Reputation: 10

Looking forward to this update, like Pedro says I also hope it's a Firmware fix.

Ram Guy what's the latest?

Thanks

Old 07-13-2013, 09:17 AM

POST ID # = 664720
Kasai Reputation: 10

I know it's only been a few days, but any update on the direction/progress of this fix would be really nice.

I got the mouse a week or so ago and loved everything about it's design and physical feel (amazingly sturdy, good weight, etc) but noticed a small amount of lag. Messed around with the software, actually found that setting the lift height to low and the polling rate to 500 took away a decent amount of what I thought to the be the lag, but ultimately felt that there was still a small amount of lag when comparing it to a friends mouse or to my old mouse.

That all being said, I really like the mouse in all other regards so I'd love to know whether or not I'll be able to use it; because even though all the other aspects are amazingly solid, the lag makes it somewhat hard to use.

Old 07-13-2013, 09:28 PM

POST ID # = 664789
leadrogue Reputation: 10

I have found a fix that actually works. Been waiting for ages for Corsair to sort out the acceleration issue. The following link - notably the registry hack in 1.1 of the post removes some leftover windows acceleration which seems to be interfering with the installed Corsair drivers. Once I did this it was like having a new mouse. Very accurate now. It basically stops the mouse acting like an idiot. Be sure to follow the rest of the tips as they are really helpful and make the M65 really good to use.

Give it a try guys and let me know if it works for you. Be sure to read the readme in the zip file and remember to reboot afterwards as logging off users as suggested didn't work for me.

I really hope this help you guys as much as it has me.

Link: http://bbs.afo.91.com/showthread.php?t=3339

Old 07-13-2013, 09:54 PM

POST ID # = 664794

I've used that before and it's great for removing extra acceleration but as far as I know, it's a different problem that some of the people here are experiencing. Rather than acceleration, it's a very small (yet noticeable) amount of input lag when you move the mouse.

I tried that fix again because I couldn't remember whether or not it was a prior windows install that i had used it on in the past and the problem still seems to be here, at least the one I had been experiencing.

That utility is great though, really nice for removing windows based acceleration.

Old 07-14-2013, 08:22 AM

POST ID # = 664836
subzeero365 Reputation: 10

Really looking forward to this fix. I hope that it can make this mouse what it is supposed to be. Otherwise, i hope I can return it, since I live in Croatia.

Been having M65 for a week now, and i can confirm this "lag" when compared to Death Adder Black Edition, which i had for a year. Difference is obvious, and it can not go unnoticed. Also my brother can confirm this, and he is also using Death Adder BE for more than a year now.

I also noticed that lag kinda progresses over longer movement period. After a standstill, it is ok, but shortly after, it becomes laggy and then even more laggyer.

Also i would not mind this mouse having 6000 or 4000 max dpi, if it would make it as precise as it MUST be!

Last edited by subzeero365; 07-14-2013 at 08:24 AM.

Old 07-15-2013, 02:10 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 665015

I'll let you guys know the moment I get updated as well.

Old 07-17-2013, 02:12 PM

POST ID # = 665367

Just a general update on the problem for those interested. Apparently logitech released an update for the G500s that seemed to have fixed their problem so it seems that a firmware update is, at least in their case, able to fix the input lag caused by the sensor.

Old 07-17-2013, 07:28 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 665453

HI all, here are the links to our beta firmware which should fix some of the issues that have been reported by a few of our users.

Please keep in mind that this is a beta firmware so you may experience adverse effects when attempting to update your device. Please let me know if you experience such an issue so I can report it back to engineering. Include the device you had, the software you're using, and your system specifications. If this also fixes your issue, I would like to know as well.

If you are not experiencing any issues with your mouse, I would recommend to not apply the beta firmware until we finalize it for wide release.

M65: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rqr0r54qul...6%20sw-1.3.zip

M95: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mfpivrg7vj...4%20sw-1.3.zip

Last edited by RAM GUY; 07-24-2013 at 12:21 PM.

Old 07-17-2013, 07:44 PM

POST ID # = 665455

Downloading and testing now. I'll update in a few minutes.

Edit: Using my M65, as far as I can tell, testing back to back with a roommate's deathadder, the extra input lag is either gone or diminished to such a small enough amount that I'm no longer able to notice it. Keep in mind that it was definitely noticeable when testing back to back with my roommates mouse the other day when I originally was messing around with the lag, so at the very least, the latency is vastly lower.

No problems installing/flashing the firmware. If I have any problems surface I'll be sure to post 'em here.

Would like to give a deserved thumbs-up to the support staff. I really loved every aspect of this mouse and am very glad that I'm able to now use it properly.

Last edited by Kasai; 07-17-2013 at 07:54 PM.

Old 07-17-2013, 08:21 PM
Jsnyder08's PC Specs

POST ID # = 665460
Jsnyder08 Reputation: 10

@Kasai, Agreed on all accounts, upgraded my M65 with no issues, mouse is much more responsive and on par with what I would expect. Nice job Corsair!!!
quick update, played a bit of tf2 and Wow, it is so much better. I hate to say it because it's so negative, but without this update the M65s performance is pretty awful considering it's being marketed as a high performance, and high accuracy gaming mouse. I can confidently say now that that those claims are true and that the mouse preforms excellent, and is (in my opinion) worth every penny. Again big ups/thank you to Corsair for rolling out an update to address these issues.

Last edited by Jsnyder08; 07-17-2013 at 08:54 PM.

Old 07-17-2013, 08:40 PM
enioentity's PC Specs

POST ID # = 665461
enioentity Reputation: 10

Today got m65 in the mail and then before i unpacked it i stumbled on avago 9800 problem posts. i choked a little, but as i saw that the problem is probably only in software/firmware i was confident it could be resolved. now i can use my mouse, cos without the fix the mouse was totally unusable for me when i got around to try it. im very specific and demading about that stuff and im glad the solution is at hand :) my another mouse for laptop is g400, it was gonna be a band aid until m65 got fixed. i just cannot get how such annoying and extremely gamebreaking bug got through in almost all manufacturers that use this new sensor. Please post what exactly was going on with the input lag error and how did you fix it, im curious.

Last edited by enioentity; 07-18-2013 at 12:43 AM.

Old 07-18-2013, 01:34 AM
GazSkins12's PC Specs

POST ID # = 665484
GazSkins12 Reputation: 10

Damn this flash added extra lag, feels even slower :/

Edit* Flashed back to 2.16 and is much better but can still sense a little lag. Will chop and change a few different mouse pads and see how I get on.

Cheers

Last edited by GazSkins12; 07-18-2013 at 07:16 AM.

Old 07-18-2013, 11:57 AM

POST ID # = 665539
FaNaTaX Reputation: 10

I have updated my M95 to the beta firmware 2.24 provided in this thread.
The mouse input lag is solved.

I notice no difference to a Steelseries Sensei (Avago 9500 sensor). I have both mice plugged into my PC and operating them simultaneously.

Great job Corsair for providing us a beta firmware and actually caring about your customers. Thank you and greetings from Germany.

Windows 8 64-bit
Asus P8Z68 Deluxe / gen 3