The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 236 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-07-2013, 09:13 AM
Braxos's PC Specs

POST ID # = 668878
Braxos Reputation: 10

K95 CH-9000020-NA

Any ETA? when it will be available to order living germany and hate the symbols on the number and the @ beeing on Q.

Thanks

Old 08-30-2013, 04:48 PM

POST ID # = 672287
lars_ul Reputation: 10

Hi, i'm about to buy the K70 but i'm not sure if it is compatible with OS X 10.8
I read one post about the k60 and a issue to start the mac holding a key for example to run another OS. Is this solved with the k70?

With time i will buy a new pc but meanwhile i'd like to use it :P

Thanks

Old 09-01-2013, 07:48 AM

POST ID # = 672455
Toasted Toasted Reputation: 108

The K70 has only been tested on PCs running Windows.

Old 09-01-2013, 09:43 AM

POST ID # = 672482
lars_ul Reputation: 10

I suppose that. That's why i'm asking in case someone has tried :)

Thanks anyway.

Old 09-06-2013, 08:20 AM
SlowScoob's PC Specs

POST ID # = 673211
SlowScoob Reputation: 10

Hi,
Last night I unboxed my k70 and it worked up until windows starts. I can enter BIOS and type until my heart is content. I tried switching keyboard modes slowly and find the right setting but it still wouldn't work. I shutdown, plugged in my ps/2 keyboard and I'm getting a USB driver error in Windows 7 device manager. It lists the k70r in device manager, but with the yellow exclamation point. I'm thinking it is underpowering the keyboard as my rig is several years old, and the keyboard works just fine on my new i3 at work. Any ideas from the hardware configuration in my profile?

Profile has hardware now.

Steps I took already:

Un-plugged, plugged in the new keyboard after booting, still got the keyboard driver error.

Tried to disable legacy support for keyboard and mouse, no help.

I just found the foxconn link to my motherboard with lots of drivers to look into to.

http://www.foxconnchannel.com/Produc...U=en-us0000371

I will try the fox one software to see if I can find any USB related support via drivers and update the post.

Many Thanks!

Last edited by SlowScoob; 09-06-2013 at 12:12 PM.

Old 09-10-2013, 02:54 PM

POST ID # = 673861
thewightk Reputation: 10

I just got my k70 today and I am having a big problem with the right shift key. It gets stuck when I am typing and use my pinkie to press it. It works find when you press the center of the button but when you press the corner like I do when I type naturally, it get stuck in that corner. Has anyone found a fix for this? I would like to keep my keyboard as I just received it and not have to send it in already for warranty. THANK YOU (<-shift key did that...)

Old 09-10-2013, 03:50 PM
kraftyskillz's PC Specs

POST ID # = 673876
kraftyskillz Reputation: 10

Any idea when the FPS type red keycaps will be available in the UK. All the sites listed do not stock it. Not even Amazon.

Old 09-10-2013, 08:09 PM
SlowScoob's PC Specs

POST ID # = 673918
SlowScoob Reputation: 10
Default Help!

Hi there. I got my issue with the driver fixed, however I am now getting "u12670]\;" randomly thrown into typing. Please help!

FIXED, I had to change the setting to "2" and waitr for the device to re-initialize.

I will post on the other user with the device driver error thread on how to fix the Windows 7 USB driver.

Last edited by SlowScoob; 09-10-2013 at 08:13 PM.

Old 09-19-2013, 04:12 PM
LeMoN's PC Specs

POST ID # = 675181
LeMoN Reputation: 10

Hi,

Really interested in the K70 keyboard, the only thing that is bothering me is the colors of the leds on both models(black & silver). Any chance there will be one with just simple white leds at some time?

Old 09-24-2013, 01:28 PM

POST ID # = 675803
hutt132 Reputation: 10

Reactive Typing doesn't seem to turn on my K70 MX Brown (CH-9000050-NA) keyboard. Does this keyboard support it?

Also, do you have to break these keyboards in? My left Shift key kind of sticks when my pinkie finger is pressing it down and it's very annoying. It feels like there is a lot of friction with the sides of the switches when I press some keys down making it feel like it's scratching on the way down. Like plastic rubbing on plastic.

Last edited by hutt132; 09-24-2013 at 01:45 PM.

Old 09-24-2013, 11:27 PM

POST ID # = 675895

The shift key might not have been installed properly, Remove it and put it back on and see if it helps.

The K70 does support reactive typing. This shouldn't be changed regardless of which switch it uses. Try again and see if you can get it working.

Old 09-25-2013, 12:45 AM

POST ID # = 675900
hutt132 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toasted View Post
The shift key might not have been installed properly, Remove it and put it back on and see if it helps.

The K70 does support reactive typing. This shouldn't be changed regardless of which switch it uses. Try again and see if you can get it working.
I got it working. I thought I had to hold Ctrl and press the brightness button but it was the lighting mode button I had to press instead.

As for the Shift key, I removed it several times and firmly pressed it back in. This didn't seem to have fixed the issue. I pressed on the switch with the key off and it's very fluid so I'm guessing the "guide" on the left of the key is causing the sticking. Would it be okay to put just a bit of some sort of grease or oil on the "guide" on the left of the Shift key, not on the switch itself?

Old 09-26-2013, 02:19 AM
Braxos's PC Specs

POST ID # = 676031
Braxos Reputation: 10

RAM GUY a suggestion for the red key caps so the number keys have the symbols too on them. And that all keys get painted black from inside since they don't match up with light that comes out from the black key, they are brighter. Since on the red keys where the letters/numbers are the have removed a circle of the plastic and light comes through there too as it is to thin to block it. So you have a letter/number on a bright circle and on normal caps you have the letters/numbers only as they are black and can block the light.

I know it would mean 1 set for every layout. But you could do it for the higher sells layouts only and have the non-symbol one too for the rest or for those they don't like it. But since s gamer and not so much of writer it is a bit hard to remember the symbols on all the numbers.

The light issue is more then the symbol one.

Old 09-26-2013, 06:31 AM

POST ID # = 676060

Quote:
Originally Posted by hutt132 View Post
As for the Shift key, I removed it several times and firmly pressed it back in. This didn't seem to have fixed the issue. I pressed on the switch with the key off and it's very fluid so I'm guessing the "guide" on the left of the key is causing the sticking. Would it be okay to put just a bit of some sort of grease or oil on the "guide" on the left of the Shift key, not on the switch itself?
I don't think it will void the warranty as it won't damage the keyboard but i would wait for RAM GUY's reply just in case.

Old 09-29-2013, 12:39 PM

POST ID # = 676511
spoidz Reputation: 10
Default USB Extension for K70

I'm enjoying my K70 so far but with the stiffness of the USB cable, I'm having trouble reaching/moving the keyboard when I have to add my HOTAS set on the same desk.

Can I add USB extension cables to the K70? Any specific requirements for extension cables? The K70 is USB 2.0 connectors from factory, yes? I only need a couple more feet of range to reach my case comfortably.

Thanks

Closed Thread