The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 236 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-17-2013, 12:10 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 653986
RAM GUY Reputation: 10
Default FAQ: Vengeance Keyboard K70/K95

Our Corsair K70 has been released for a few weeks now and has been a great success. However, we have been getting a few questions about it so we thought a FAQ would help in addressing them. First we have this video that Jeff and Jason from Corsair did with our friends at Tek Syndicate that will show the keyboard in action:

We also have some of the top questions posted here that we’ve gotten from our users.

1.) What is the difference between the K60 and K70?

The K70 is fully mechanical—every key has a Cherry MX switch under it now. Additionally K70 features key-by-key customizable backlighting, a full length wrist rest and an updated set of contoured FPS keycaps that work with backlighting.

2.) How do I enable the “reactive typing” feature?

First, press the LED program button 1-2 times until you are in a mode where all keys are unlit. Then hold down the control key and touch the LED program again. To exit reactive typing mode, hold the control key and press the LED program key again.

3.) How do I save my LED Key pattern?

To create your own custom LED light settings, press and hold the LED program button until the red ring starts blinking (about 5 seconds). Press the keys you’d like to change to turn the individual LED on or off and then press and hold the LED program button again to save those settings.

4.) How do I reset the keyboard lighting pattern to default?

Hold down the LED program button for 5 seconds. Pressing the brightness button will toggle between all lights on, all lights off, and programmed backlight pattern. This allows you to either start your programming with all lights on, off, or the last custom configuration for easy setup.

5.) Is it possible to save multiple profiles?

K70 allows you to save one light profile to the onboard memory. K95 allows you to save three, one for each of the M keys (M1, M2 and M3).

6.) What do numbers means on the BIOS Switch?

The BIOS switch both adjusts the polling rate and allows you to turn off advanced keyboard features for compatibility with certain motherboard BIOS and KVM switches. Settings of 1, 2, 4, and 8 are millisecond polling rates (1ms = 1000hz). Switching to BIOS reduces the polling rate and turns off other features for maximum compatibility. By default we ship at 1ms (1000Hz) and most gamers will prefer to just use the setting.

7.) Why does my scroll lock button flash when I enable BIOS mode?

The scroll lock, caps lock, and num lock will all flash to signal you have set the keyboard to BIOS mode. The notification is to remind you that you're in BIOS mode (104 Key Mode, Media Keys, Windows Key, and Software Functions are disabled).

8.) I love the new FPS type red keycaps. Can I use them for the K60/K90/K95 and how can I order them?

The new contoured keycaps will work with both backlit and non-backlit Corsair keyboards and are compatible with K60, K70, K90 and K95. You can get them here:
http://www.corsair.com/en/fps-backli...palm-rest.html

Last edited by Corsair James; 09-19-2014 at 09:06 PM.

Old 05-30-2013, 11:37 AM
rbosse's PC Specs

POST ID # = 656363
rbosse Reputation: 10
Send a message via AIM to rbosse

8.) I love the new FPS type red keycaps. Can I use them for the K60/K90/K95 and how can I order them?

The new contoured keycaps will work with both backlit and non-backlit Corsair keyboards and are compatible with K60, K70, K90 and K95. They will be available for purchase on corsair.com soon.

Thank you very much Corsair!

Old 05-30-2013, 11:40 AM

POST ID # = 656365
WuMyster Reputation: 10

Any work on a K95 with a UK layout?

Old 05-30-2013, 12:37 PM
Rock&Roll's PC Specs

POST ID # = 656382
Rock&Roll Reputation: 10

I've been looking for a Gaming KB that will work with a KVM. Can you tell me what "Advanced Keyboard Features" are disabled when you set the BIOS to work with a KVM? I can't find that info anywhere.

TIA!

R&R

Old 05-31-2013, 08:55 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 656705

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock&Roll View Post
I've been looking for a Gaming KB that will work with a KVM. Can you tell me what "Advanced Keyboard Features" are disabled when you set the BIOS to work with a KVM? I can't find that info anywhere.

TIA!

R&R
When you use it with a KVM switch in BIOS mode, the n-key rollover is not enabled and the keyboard will only work as a standard keyboard.

Old 05-31-2013, 10:56 PM
Rock&Roll's PC Specs

POST ID # = 656730
Rock&Roll Reputation: 10
Haha!

Good enough. I just want one that will work with my KVM where the back-lighting works and that has the good switches (Would prefer Cherry Brown, but beggars can't be choosy). I've ordered a set of the little rubber doughnuts so hopefully that will help out.

Thanks for the reply! Going to order one now.

R&R

Old 06-01-2013, 12:03 PM

POST ID # = 656795
Slyhippo Reputation: 10

Is there any future plans on different switches or different back lighting for either keyboard? I'm personally a big fan of cherry mx blue switches with blue backlit keys but much prefer the corsair board to the coolermaster or razer equivalent. Maybe special edition ones?

Just read on another post you can't comment on rumored / unreleased products. oh and sorry does the k95 come with a keycap puller?

Last edited by Slyhippo; 06-01-2013 at 10:13 PM.

Old 06-04-2013, 12:02 AM
rbosse's PC Specs

POST ID # = 657254
rbosse Reputation: 10
Send a message via AIM to rbosse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyhippo View Post
Just read on another post you can't comment on rumored / unreleased products. oh and sorry does the k95 come with a keycap puller?
No it doesn't. I just got mine today.

Old 06-04-2013, 11:44 AM

POST ID # = 657335
Slyhippo Reputation: 10

thanks for the heads up :D

Old 06-08-2013, 06:08 PM
Speranza's PC Specs

POST ID # = 658228
Speranza Reputation: 10

I have a couple questions.

Obviously the K70 will not come with a set of O rings installed or otherwise, but does it come with a key puller? I am ordering a set of O rings from amazon soon, and want to know if I need to order a key puller as well.

Is the FPS wrist rest from the K60 compatible with the K70? Meaning, does it rest on the ridge just like the full wrist rest does. http://www.corsair.com/us/parts/keyb...rist-rest.html

Old 06-09-2013, 12:03 PM
TheNightingale's PC Specs

POST ID # = 658312
TheNightingale Reputation: 10

Yes, it is.
Sorry for the non-professional picture.

Old 06-09-2013, 07:29 PM
Speranza's PC Specs

POST ID # = 658410
Speranza Reputation: 10

Oh sweet, thanks for the pic! I didnt realize that either wrist rest snapped onto the keyboard like that, I thought they just layed on top of the aluminum lipped edge on the bottom. I guess ill pick up the fps wrist rest along with my K70 when the Cherry Brown gets in stock.

Old 06-10-2013, 03:33 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 658546

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNightingale View Post
Yes, it is.
Sorry for the non-professional picture.
I approve of this image.

Old 06-14-2013, 06:40 PM

POST ID # = 659444
derv Reputation: 10

Is it possible to have a setting where all the lights are off but the caps lock key lights up (and stays lit) when activated?

Old 06-16-2013, 04:18 AM

POST ID # = 659698
Toasted Toasted Reputation: 124

No, you cannot light up the caps lock key when its activated when the other keys are off.

Closed Thread