Corsair Community

FAQ: Vengeance Keyboard K70/K95

RAM GUY

• Corsair Employee

Our Corsair K70 has been released for a few weeks now and has been a great success. However, we have been getting a few questions about it so we thought a FAQ would help in addressing them. First we have this video that Jeff and Jason from Corsair did with our friends at Tek Syndicate that will show the keyboard in action:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLQ7b08W1JA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLQ7b08W1JA[/ame]

We also have some of the top questions posted here that we’ve gotten from our users.

1.) What is the difference between the K60 and K70?

The K70 is fully mechanical—every key has a Cherry MX switch under it now. Additionally K70 features key-by-key customizable backlighting, a full length wrist rest and an updated set of contoured FPS keycaps that work with backlighting.

2.) How do I enable the “reactive typing” feature?

First, press the LED program button 1-2 times until you are in a mode where all keys are unlit. Then hold down the control key and touch the LED program again. To exit reactive typing mode, hold the control key and press the LED program key again.

3.) How do I save my LED Key pattern?

To create your own custom LED light settings, press and hold the LED program button until the red ring starts blinking (about 5 seconds). Press the keys you’d like to change to turn the individual LED on or off and then press and hold the LED program button again to save those settings.

4.) How do I reset the keyboard lighting pattern to default?

Hold down the LED program button for 5 seconds. Pressing the brightness button will toggle between all lights on, all lights off, and programmed backlight pattern. This allows you to either start your programming with all lights on, off, or the last custom configuration for easy setup.

5.) Is it possible to save multiple profiles?

K70 allows you to save one light profile to the onboard memory. K95 allows you to save three, one for each of the M keys (M1, M2 and M3).

6.) What do numbers means on the BIOS Switch?

The BIOS switch both adjusts the polling rate and allows you to turn off advanced keyboard features for compatibility with certain motherboard BIOS and KVM switches. Settings of 1, 2, 4, and 8 are millisecond polling rates (1ms = 1000hz). Switching to BIOS reduces the polling rate and turns off other features for maximum compatibility. By default we ship at 1ms (1000Hz) and most gamers will prefer to just use the setting.

7.) Why does my scroll lock button flash when I enable BIOS mode?

The scroll lock, caps lock, and num lock will all flash to signal you have set the keyboard to BIOS mode. The notification is to remind you that you're in BIOS mode (104 Key Mode, Media Keys, Windows Key, and Software Functions are disabled).

8.) I love the new FPS type red keycaps. Can I use them for the K60/K90/K95 and how can I order them?

The new contoured keycaps will work with both backlit and non-backlit Corsair keyboards and are compatible with K60, K70, K90 and K95. You can get them here:

http://www.corsair.com/en/fps-backlit-key-caps-keycap-puller-and-palm-rest.html

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

8.) I love the new FPS type red keycaps. Can I use them for the K60/K90/K95 and how can I order them?

The new contoured keycaps will work with both backlit and non-backlit Corsair keyboards and are compatible with K60, K70, K90 and K95. They will be available for purchase on corsair.com soon.

Thank you very much Corsair!

I've been looking for a Gaming KB that will work with a KVM. Can you tell me what "Advanced Keyboard Features" are disabled when you set the BIOS to work with a KVM? I can't find that info anywhere.

TIA!

R&R

• Corsair Employee
I've been looking for a Gaming KB that will work with a KVM. Can you tell me what "Advanced Keyboard Features" are disabled when you set the BIOS to work with a KVM? I can't find that info anywhere.

TIA!

R&R

When you use it with a KVM switch in BIOS mode, the n-key rollover is not enabled and the keyboard will only work as a standard keyboard.

Good enough. I just want one that will work with my KVM where the back-lighting works and that has the good switches (Would prefer Cherry Brown, but beggars can't be choosy). I've ordered a set of the little rubber doughnuts so hopefully that will help out.

Thanks for the reply! Going to order one now.

R&R

Is there any future plans on different switches or different back lighting for either keyboard? I'm personally a big fan of cherry mx blue switches with blue backlit keys but much prefer the corsair board to the coolermaster or razer equivalent. Maybe special edition ones?

Just read on another post you can't comment on rumored / unreleased products. oh and sorry does the k95 come with a keycap puller?

I have a couple questions.

Obviously the K70 will not come with a set of O rings installed or otherwise, but does it come with a key puller? I am ordering a set of O rings from amazon soon, and want to know if I need to order a key puller as well.

Is the FPS wrist rest from the K60 compatible with the K70? Meaning, does it rest on the ridge just like the full wrist rest does. http://www.corsair.com/us/parts/keyboard-parts/corsair-vengeance-fps-wrist-rest.html

Oh sweet, thanks for the pic! I didnt realize that either wrist rest snapped onto the keyboard like that, I thought they just layed on top of the aluminum lipped edge on the bottom. I guess ill pick up the fps wrist rest along with my K70 when the Cherry Brown gets in stock.

Just heard that the K70 (and K95?) will be available with Cherry Brown or Cherry Blue in July! Thanks Corsair!

Too late for me though, I received my "Cherry Red" version last week. Very happy with the BIOS support as it allows me to use it with my KVM! My basic requirement was for a mechanical keyboard with good backlighting that would work with a KVM, and this one does. As far as I know it's the only 'board on the market that does.

I did install the "Chinese" rubber o-rings (Took about an hour) and I like the feel very much.

BTW the K70 does come with a plastic key puller, in the package with the optional keys. Much appreciated!

Obviously a lot of thought went into the design of this keyboard and I'm very happy with it. Probably the only thing I miss is that the media keys do not work in BIOS mode, but that may not be possible. Minor annoyance. Oh and the Scroll Lock light blinks all the time while in BIOS mode, can't get it to turn off. That may be due to something the KVM is doing. But a little piece of electrical tape took care of that problem!

I just picked up 24G of Corsair memory due to my good experience with they keyboard!

R&R

Just heard that the K70 (and K95?) will be available with Cherry Brown or Cherry Blue in July! Thanks Corsair!

Too late for me though, I received my "Cherry Red" version last week. Very happy with the BIOS support as it allows me to use it with my KVM! My basic requirement was for a mechanical keyboard with good backlighting that would work with a KVM, and this one does. As far as I know it's the only 'board on the market that does.

I did install the "Chinese" rubber o-rings (Took about an hour) and I like the feel very much.

BTW the K70 does come with a plastic key puller, in the package with the optional keys. Much appreciated!

Obviously a lot of thought went into the design of this keyboard and I'm very happy with it. Probably the only thing I miss is that the media keys do not work in BIOS mode, but that may not be possible. Minor annoyance. Oh and the Scroll Lock light blinks all the time while in BIOS mode, can't get it to turn off. That may be due to something the KVM is doing. But a little piece of electrical tape took care of that problem!

I just picked up 24G of Corsair memory due to my good experience with they keyboard!

R&R

BUT, will the K70 brown switch come in a black/red-led layout at some point? I would prefer to buy the K70 over other brands - Don't force me to buy a Ducky please! :)

Hi, i just unboxed my K95 and record some text maccro.

But they dont work on my favorite games like LEAGUE OF LEGEND. They work in notepad but not in my game.

I have the software 1.00.00.04

Do you know why ? Then why i cant activate the "Hardware playback" ? I have an error message " your firmware does not allow ... "

Software: 1.00.00.04

USB Keyboard:

VID: 0x1B1C

PID: 0x1B08

Manufacturer: Corsair

Product: Corsair Vengeance K95 Keyboard

Firmware: NA

Windows: Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

the switch is set on number 1

I switched on BIOS and i have the 3rd led flicker

when i wanna check "hardware playback " i have this message " This function is not supported by your keyboard firmware please update your keyboard firmwareze to the latest version ", ok but how can i do lol ?

I'm not 100% sure if the K95 software uses this, but make sure K95Hid.exe is running in Task Manager. If it isn't, go to the install folder and double click it. Then try saving the profile to the K95 and enable hardware playback.

I don't think there is an firmware update for the K95.

Archived