Corsair Community

What don't you like about CUE, limitations?

if I want to change the colour of a few already existing lighting effects, I either have to write down their names so I can remember them when searching for them in lighting effects. And then apply them again, just a pain in the ****.

What don't you like about CUE?

I have a pretty big list but can't think of anything right now, next time I think of it I'll write it here, my portal post actually has something annoying

edit: ok so duplicating isn't working for me, anyone else have this?

edit 2: nah **** it's duplicating but it conveniently names it copy of .. so the first letter is c..... wtf

MY LIST

Duplicating lighting effects is annoying

I'd like to be able to import colour schemes such as a rainbow gradient (not gradient the lighting effect) which I have had to remake accross wave, ripple, gradient and solid like 1000 times

My main gripe with the actual software is how temperamental it is. Sometimes, it just plain fails to communicate with the keyboard, screws up your UI or I/O, or lags.

As far as limitations go, there's a couple of things that it's missing that would be great to have access to in future versions.

1. The mute key as a toggle, which should also read the state from the windows volume controller.

2. Being able to set the reactive typing to certain keys only, or have multiple styles for multiple areas.

3. Make keypress A/B/C start a pattern on X/Y/Z keys. As a loose example: if I held W and wanted the numpad to turn green while it was held.

I've only been playing with the software for a few hours so far, as I got my keyboard yesterday, so some of that functionality might be already available and I haven't noticed.

My main gripe with the actual software is how temperamental it is. Sometimes, it just plain fails to communicate with the keyboard, screws up your UI or I/O, or lags.

As far as limitations go, there's a couple of things that it's missing that would be great to have access to in future versions.

1. The mute key as a toggle, which should also read the state from the windows volume controller.

2. Being able to set the reactive typing to certain keys only, or have multiple styles for multiple areas.

3. Make keypress A/B/C start a pattern on X/Y/Z keys. As a loose example: if I held W and wanted the numpad to turn green while it was held.

I've only been playing with the software for a few hours so far, as I got my keyboard yesterday, so some of that functionality might be already available and I haven't noticed.

do you mean the mute key as a toggle as in it's lit when the pc is on mute? I don't think that's available, and the other 2 points aren't either, I've only had it for a week too

do you mean the mute key as a toggle as in it's lit when the pc is on mute? I don't think that's available, and the other 2 points aren't either, I've only had it for a week too

Yep, that's exactly what I mean. It's not really necessary, and actually quite pointless (since it's pretty obvious when there's no sound), but it would be a nice touch.

I've also had some issue with the Winlock and brightness keys not accepting the effect I give them in a group. That might be more of a knowledge issue on my part though.

It's quite a steep learning curve isn't it?

Yep, that's exactly what I mean. It's not really necessary, and actually quite pointless (since it's pretty obvious when there's no sound), but it would be a nice touch.

I've also had some issue with the Winlock and brightness keys not accepting the effect I give them in a group. That might be more of a knowledge issue on my part though.

It's quite a steep learning curve isn't it?

actually I just figured out how to make the toggleable mute, not to read from the computer though haha sorry, make a solid, any colour you want and make it on click and then next to end just hit that tick that says on key press but for end, pretty sure that works? didn't actually test just theorised.

Yeah the mode buttons and brightness and win lock have default things so I just clear them at the start of a new mode/profile, one thing though the mode buttons sometimes get stuck and I haven't figured out why.

actually I just figured out how to make the toggleable mute, not to read from the computer though haha sorry, make a solid, any colour you want and make it on click and then next to end just hit that tick that says on key press but for end, pretty sure that works? didn't actually test just theorised.

Yeah the mode buttons and brightness and win lock have default things so I just clear them at the start of a new mode/profile, one thing though the mode buttons sometimes get stuck and I haven't figured out why.

I think you're right on the toggle, but the problem with it would be that if you used the mute button to mute it, and then the volume rocker to unmute it, the button would still show muted.

I clear them as well now, but initially it would sometimes take the colour and others not. It's also a shame that you can't keep the same functionality on those buttons (brightness stepping down and windows toggle) while having an effect applied to it.

I think there's a hell of a lot of refining left to do on the software, but I don't think it's as terrible as people are making out. It's not AC:Unity level of bad, but it's no smooth ride either. I'm looking forward to getting the full colour range availability, as well as the game-reactive functionality in the future.

I think you're right on the toggle, but the problem with it would be that if you used the mute button to mute it, and then the volume rocker to unmute it, the button would still show muted.

I clear them as well now, but initially it would sometimes take the colour and others not. It's also a shame that you can't keep the same functionality on those buttons (brightness stepping down and windows toggle) while having an effect applied to it.

I think there's a hell of a lot of refining left to do on the software, but I don't think it's as terrible as people are making out. It's not AC:Unity level of bad, but it's no smooth ride either. I'm looking forward to getting the full colour range availability, as well as the game-reactive functionality in the future.

oh yeah true. Oh well.

Yeah you're right, it is very capable but it feels a lot like playing minecraft, where people make Kb computers using primitive stuff like pistons and what not to achieve something cool, but it's fiddly. Not sure if that's a good metaphor but for example when making pixel art that goes down the keyboard or across you have to make a gradient lighting effect or solid for each key and then put in all the different colours in that one lighting effect as tabs and time it so that it lines up, it's just annoying, and making a wave black at the start so as to delay the beginning, it's like you have to kind of trick it, but oh well. Hopefully we see nice updates, imagine a reactive health bar on your function keys that's linked to the game or keys that go from lit to dim according to the cooldown time.

yeah

oh yeah true. Oh well.

Yeah you're right, it is very capable but it feels a lot like playing minecraft, where people make Kb computers using primitive stuff like pistons and what not to achieve something cool, but it's fiddly. Not sure if that's a good metaphor but for example when making pixel art that goes down the keyboard or across you have to make a gradient lighting effect or solid for each key and then put in all the different colours in that one lighting effect as tabs and time it so that it lines up, it's just annoying, and making a wave black at the start so as to delay the beginning, it's like you have to kind of trick it, but oh well. Hopefully we see nice updates, imagine a reactive health bar on your function keys that's linked to the game or keys that go from lit to dim according to the cooldown time.

yeah

That's a pretty spot on metaphor. As it stands, you really have to work hard for the results that you're after. I think the whole pixel art thing is a good example, which is why we're seeing so little of it. The time that it takes to do the things that, in your mind should be simple, is proving to be the biggest restraint.

I hadn't even thought of cooldown timers! I suppose that would be possible now, but could you imagine having to set modes for every character you have, and if you switched out a skill, you'd have to change your lighting effects to suit it. If they could make CUE automatically set times etc, that would be amazing, but probably limited to a very small number of popular games. (I'm not even an MMO gamer, but I think that would be an incredible feat).

Archived