Corsair Community

H115i AIO, HWINFO Temp discrepancies

Majorpaynedof

I recently hooked up a H115i to my Ryzen 7 3800X system. I have to mount it on the front and with the tubing on the bottom.

I'm getting some weird differences and would like to have someone shed some light on the issue. Maybe it's just how i'm reading it or how i have the cabling improper.

In iCue My temps are at about 23 degrees C.

In HWinfo the TCTL/TDIE is 33.5 degrees C

When i run prime95 to stress test using small FFTs max power/heat/cpu stress i get after 2 mins of running

iCue 26 C

HWinfo 78 C and rising

and I worring for no reason or is something wrong

It sounds like you are comparing the temperature of the coolant (H115i Temp) with the CPU Temperature. That's comparing apples and bananas.

Also, use caution using HWInfo and iCUE together. You'll need to disable Corsair Link/Asetek support in HWInfo or you will have conflicts with iCUE.

If it wasn't working properly, you'd be much hotter than "70s".

Prime95 is particularly brutal on CPUs and will push considerably more heat than you would reasonably expect to see in real-world usage. If your cooler wasn't working, you'd be over 100 almost immediately and shut down. You did run "max heat" after all.

The heat is generated at the pins as soon as voltage is applied. From there, it need to make its way out through the heat spreader and to the liquid in the AIO. It isn't instant and the heat conduction isn't 100%. So spikes in heat are normal and expected. A major factor in this is the amount of voltage (the vCore) being applied.

If it wasn't working properly, you'd be much hotter than "70s".

Prime95 is particularly brutal on CPUs and will push considerably more heat than you would reasonably expect to see in real-world usage. If your cooler wasn't working, you'd be over 100 almost immediately and shut down. You did run "max heat" after all.

The heat is generated at the pins as soon as voltage is applied. From there, it need to make its way out through the heat spreader and to the liquid in the AIO. It isn't instant and the heat conduction isn't 100%. So spikes in heat are normal and expected. A major factor in this is the amount of voltage (the vCore) being applied.

Thank you for the information. I'm not a Water Cooling expert so this is helpful. As regards to the AMD Vcore do you know a good guide that i can follow. I'm not really looking to over clock but you never know