Corsair Community

Flow speed Hydro X Series XD5

tomcoleman

I have my loop all setup but dont know how fast the speed of the water/pump is going?

Where can i find this?

I have everything plugged into the commander pro :laughing:

be nice to have a flow meter or something that you can actually see liquid moving inside the loop :eek:

Do you mean flow rate, as in gallons or liters per minute? Or do you mean pump RPM?

For pump speed, go to the Commander Pro settings tab in iCUE. Change the pump header from "Auto" to 4 pin.

As for actual flow rate, that is always system and loop specific. There are digital or readable flow meters out there, but be aware it is a bit hit or miss. Some are a bit sketchy on the metrics. Other "flow meters" are really just physical display spinners and make noise. Every time I have used one, I regretted it almost immediately. If you have a low flow state, you will be able to see in your hardware and coolant temps.

• Corsair Employee

iCUE contains pre-defined Hydro X profiles for the fans and pump which are based on deep know-how on the custom cooling system operation. If required, you can create your own and tailor the operation according to your needs.

Check the video on how to set it up:

[ame]

[/ame]

GPU water blocks have a flow indicator which are visible if used with vertical mount option for the GPU.

www.corsair.com/Categories/Products/Custom-Cooling/Blocks/GPU-Blocks/Hydro-X-Series-XG7-RGB-20-SERIES-GPU-Water-Block-%282080-FE%29/p/CX-9020002-WW

Do you mean flow rate, as in gallons or liters per minute? Or do you mean pump RPM?

For pump speed, go to the Commander Pro settings tab in iCUE. Change the pump header from "Auto" to 4 pin.

As for actual flow rate, that is always system and loop specific. There are digital or readable flow meters out there, but be aware it is a bit hit or miss. Some are a bit sketchy on the metrics. Other "flow meters" are really just physical display spinners and make noise. Every time I have used one, I regretted it almost immediately. If you have a low flow state, you will be able to see in your hardware and coolant temps.

thanks im going to change the pin to 4 tonight !

sounds like a waste of time with the physical flow meter option.... :bigeyes:

The GPU water block has a spinner inside .............. :eek: :confused: :D:

• 4 months later...

Just noticed on the epic photo that the cooling channel seems to "jump" over the GPU memory module; it looks cool to have it exposed visually. Is this specific to only some corsair blocks?

Edited by Technobeard
links

• Corsair Employee

Yes, this is specific to the Hydro X GPU water blocks made for the ASUS Strix models.

VRM components (chokes and capacitors) are higher so the flow path has to "jump" over.

It does look good, hats off to the Hydro X engineering team for such a solution. Usually, this is done with a blank (not-transparent) cover or overall addition to the total block thickness.