Corsair Community

XD5 RGB Not Working

EatMyPixels

I have read through all 6 pages in this section and cannot really come up with a answer to my problem .

A XD5 has been fitted along with a Phantek CPU Cooling Block (could not get a Corsair one) and everything works fine Commander Pro see's the XD5 and I can control the pump .Section 6 is set to 4 pin and the temp is on pin 1 and is moniterd but no lighting :(

The CPU block is connected to the MB which is a Asus Hero X1 and that lights ok:D: .

The wiring of the XD5 is as follows

Power through the Molex and the RGB through a splitter linking up 1 fan and XD5 all looks ok

Any ideas Guys ?:sigh!:

The wiring of the XD5 is as follows

Power through the Molex and the RGB through a splitter linking up 1 fan and XD5 all looks ok

Any ideas Guys ?:sigh!:

What? There's a fan connector for the pump but that's for PWM control of the pump speed. It really should not be on the same header as a fan. That also has absolutely, positively nothing at all to do with the RGB.

RGB is controlled via a 3-pin header. This will connect to the lighting channel on a Commander Pro or Lighting Node Pro. Once you do that, you have to go into iCUE and configure the channel for the device.

What? There's a fan connector for the pump but that's for PWM control of the pump speed. It really should not be on the same header as a fan. That also has absolutely, positively nothing at all to do with the RGB.

RGB is controlled via a 3-pin header. This will connect to the lighting channel on a Commander Pro or Lighting Node Pro. Once you do that, you have to go into iCUE and configure the channel for the device.

Ok I have watched the instal vid and lets start again

Power is via the molex

Temp is in slot 1

RGB is in slot 2

The plug which controls pump speed was in slot 6 combined with a fan using a splitter which I thought was all 4 pin but looking its not 1 is a 3 pin so have ordered a 4 pin to 4 pin .

I did rewire as per the vid and left out 1 fan but the RGB still does not work ?

Commander Pro does now recognize the XD5 as I updated the firmware but still no leds

Get the pump PWM control off that splitter. There is no fan you want to run at the same speed as the pump. You can pair fans together via splitter, but don't pair anything else with a PWM pump.

All PWM splitters are 4 + 3 pins. this is by design. You don't need a 2nd wire to report the speed twice to the control center.