Corsair Community

iCUE light effect won't stay if I close the app

ftsh

Hi Corsair,

I'm having this frustrating situation where the light effect can only remain if I keep the app open. Whenever I close the app, all fans and RGB strips instantly revert back to the default rainbow wave. Is there any way to keep the light effect even when iCUE is not open? Thank you.

No, you must use the software if you would like it to continue to give the fans/cooler/RAM etc. instructions. They can't communicate if you quit the application. However, as of iCUE 3.10, you can use some basic patterns when iCUE is not running. You will not have all the same options and the complexity is greatly reduced, but it does work. Go to the device, select the lighting effects tab, then select Hardware Lighting. This allows you to set the behavior when iCUE is not running. The program will give you fewer options, but they work.

• 1 year later...
No, you must use the software if you would like it to continue to give the fans/cooler/RAM etc. instructions. They can't communicate if you quit the application. However, as of iCUE 3.10, you can use some basic patterns when iCUE is not running. You will not have all the same options and the complexity is greatly reduced, but it does work. Go to the device, select the lighting effects tab, then select Hardware Lighting. This allows you to set the behavior when iCUE is not running. The program will give you fewer options, but they work.
I'm using a keyboard but i don't see Hardware Lighting anywhere, is this available for keyboards too?