Corsair Community

Are there any plans for iCue to support 5V?

I have just waded into the addressable/syncable RGB quagmire.

Wow, what a mess. I have four sticks of Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro RAM, and it's working fine (even though I mixed kits...nya nya nya)...

I have an ASUS Prime Z490-A Motherboard.

This motherboard has both 12V strip headers and 5V Addressable headers. Of course, I only read that Corsair RAM supports ASUS Aura, so I picked up six strips of 5V addressable RGB. Now I find out that's not supported.

Oh joy.

1. Are there any plans to get the Corsair iCue software to support 5V addressable strips?

or

2. Is there a way for the ASUS Aura software to control the Corsair RGB Pro RAM?

3. Failing this, is there any way to get the Corsair iCue software to completely ignore the ASUS Aura RGB so I can at least set that up with no interference? Do I just remove the software and reinstall it without the addon?

I have downloaded the Corsair Plugin For Aura Sync. Is this software JUST to get the Corsair software to control the 12V Aura headers, or is it to allow the ASUS Aura software to control the Corsair RGB Pro LEDs? In any case, I don't see any way in the ASUS software to control the Corsair RAM.

4. The documentation for this is almost non existent and / or all over the place. Why is there no instruction manual that comes with the software when you download it? (not to be rude or anything, but in my final year of college, if I had of handed in a project with no paperwork, I would have failed my courses). I do not find this to be very professional even though it is becoming more and more common these days. Yes, I did watch the videos, but they don't answer all the questions or supply all the information an instruction manual could.

I have a set of Corsair fans which I wish I had not bought. They are the RGB fans that have their own controller, but it cannot be software controlled. I bought them for my previous build. They are nice fans, but they won't sync. Since I can't afford RGB juggling, instead of purchasing a complete set of 6 Corsair addressable RGB fans, I have decided to purchase three more of these fans, only the 140mm variant. At least they will sync with each other using the controller, but now I have spent a lot of money trying to get my motherboard, strips and RAM synced, and failed. Needless to say I'm not very happy. I realize it's not really anyone fault, and that RGB is far from being a mature technology for PCs, but still I am pretty depressed over all the money spent ending up in a failure.

My PC is still going to end up looking nice, but the fans will not sync with the main board or RAM, which will not sync with the strips.

I am definitely a sad panda.

So, any plans to get the software working with 5V strips? Any way to control the RAM RGB from the ASUS Aura software?

In any case, thanks for taking the time. I think I'll go smoke a joint. That should make me feel better (I'm in Canada, so I'm allowed). Maybe I can make my own RGB....

It's not likely that you'll get them working with the motherboard's 5V addressable header.

As for the rest - start with the RGB FAQ. Much is explained there ... and reading that first probably would have saved you some frustration.

• 1 month later...
I have just waded into the addressable/syncable RGB quagmire.

Wow, what a mess. I have four sticks of Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro RAM, and it's working fine (even though I mixed kits...nya nya nya)...

I have an ASUS Prime Z490-A Motherboard.

This motherboard has both 12V strip headers and 5V Addressable headers. Of course, I only read that Corsair RAM supports ASUS Aura, so I picked up six strips of 5V addressable RGB. Now I find out that's not supported.

Oh joy.

1. Are there any plans to get the Corsair iCue software to support 5V addressable strips? (Great Question)

or

2. Is there a way for the ASUS Aura software to control the Corsair RGB Pro RAM? None that I know of; as I too have ASUS Maximus IX Formula and Corsair Vengeance RGB does not even sync with The Rest of my Corsair RGBs in ICUE nor the Does my MoBo sync with ICUE colors are way off and out of sync. Looking at Lian li and their new RGB fans and software as it syncs perfect with ASUS. Corsair you dropped the ball once again.

I have a set of Corsair fans which I wish I had not bought. They are the RGB fans that have their own controller, but it cannot be software controlled. I bought them for my previous build. They are nice fans, but they won't sync. Since I can't afford RGB juggling, instead of purchasing a complete set of 6 Corsair addressable RGB fans, I have decided to purchase three more of these fans, only the 140mm variant. At least they will sync with each other using the controller, but now I have spent a lot of money trying to get my motherboard, strips and RAM synced, and failed. Needless to say I'm not very happy. I realize it's not really anyone fault, and that RGB is far from being a mature technology for PCs, but still I am pretty depressed over all the money spent ending up in a failure. .

What fans do you have HDs, LLs ? that would help us help you.

• 3 months later...