Corsair Community

Corsair Gaming K70 RGB LED Mechanical Keyboard F keys "broken" from static shock

yumman

Last night I was laying in bed watching Netflix and after an episode ended I got up to turn something else on. The static from my blanket pulling against my body as I got out of bed must have charged me because when I went to press the ESC key (there's no cap on my escape key because I vacuumed it up on accident years ago) I felt a static shock. Immediately after, I noticed ESC was no longer working along with F keys, F1 through F11. I use F7 and F8 as media forward and backward and F9 and F10 for stop and play hotkeys on winamp and none of them are working. I also opened up a game and tried to press F1-F11 to set as hotkeys and then of them registered.

F12 appears to be fine, as well as every other key on my keyboard. I was wondering if there might be someway to restore functionality because I opened MS Paint and tried pressing alt+F4 to test if F4 was alright, and although it didn't work as an exit shortcut, I noticed something appeared, which makes me think there might still be some input able to be received in my F keys? When I press alt+F1 through F11 some interface appears in the top left of MS paint, so some input must be still working?

k7vLnQW.jpg

I was wondering if maybe the static shock reprogrammed or did something to these keys and if it might be possible to use the software or something to restore their functionality. I'm not sure what to do, or if I need to buy a new keyboard. I've tried unplugging and replugging it in, into other USB ports, and restarting my PC.