Corsair Community

Corsair(DRAM different manufacture & die)

shadwbomber

I have 2 Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz RAM.

But when i see both RAMs in Typhoon Burner the DRAM manufactures & die density are different.

Values are different in DRAM calculator too.

What values should I type in the in BIOS?Because RAMs are currently runnung at 2133mhz.

Please check the link I have posted.

Typhoon Burner

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19RSX5XHbV9k5-p60tr3XgBooDNFMGf1r/view?usp=sharing

DRAM Calaculator

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ZS8AQUThBLCtAPLKI1rZvAdhxnDtbLNn?usp=sharing

Please guide me to solve this issue.

Thank You.

Edited by shadwbomber

Those are two completely different chip types and I would not recommend running them together at all let alone setting custom timings. You need to have a matched pair of sticks. I believe that Micron is usually better than Hynix but the best of the best is Samsung B die.

I would configure it with the slower module timings as a base, the hynix one in your case, but dont expect to reach the full 3000mhz.. well, try it... if it doens work put the clock down a bit to 2933, 2800... it will depend on the motherboard quality as well.

The hynix cjr will probably clock better than the micron. I have some micron b die from another manufacturer and it really hits its limit right around 3000 with realistic voltage. I have 2 corsair Vengeance RGB 3000 kits and both of them easily hit 3600 at 16-18-18-18. CJR will not do tight timings like samsung bdie, but most of the cl16 3600 kits you see on the market these days have hynix cjr.

That said mixed ram can sometimes not be an issue at all, but quite often it can lead to instability. When buying ram you need to try and make sure you get not only the same model number, but the same revision to ensure that it matches. If you can't ensure that your revision numbers will match then you should buy a kit that comes with 4 sticks. Retailers will not guarantee that separate kits are the same revision.