Corsair Community

Reign

Hello everyone.

Just got the RGB k70 with the cherry mx brown key switches and it seems to work fine with the bios switch set to 8. However, in the Device Manager under Universal Serial Bus controllers it shows up as an "Unknown Device".

I'm on windows 7 x64 at the moment, but even when I switch to my other hard drive with windows 8.1 x64,

it says "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)". After uninstalling it from the device manager, when plugging it back in I get a pop up saying that windows doesn't recognize the unknown usb device.

I've tried updating the firmware more than once, plugging it into usb 2.0 & 3.0 and reinstalling CUE, but nothing seems to make the keyboard recognizable.

Just wondering if this is normal or could it mean that the keyboards defective.

What is the RGB K70 suppose to show in the device manager under keyboards and Universal serial bus controllers?

Windows 8.1 x64 desktop->

PuYcQ1.png

Windows 7 x86 Laptop->

KpDyJN.png

Tried, but doesn't seem to change anything.

Unknown device part aside, are there suppose to be 4 HID Keyboard entries?

( On windows 7 x64 desktop )->

c1tjOV.png

I sent a support ticket and was told to do the usual, but there was still no change and wasn't really told if this is normal or not.

"Please make sure you're using the latest BIOS and chip set drives in your system. Remove the CUE software, install the latest software and reboot, flash the firmware, make sure you disable USB selective suspend (found in the Power Options of Control Panel, Advanced Power settings) before performing the firmware update. And test it on another device if possible. If the problem still persist, we may have to replace your unit. Thanks."

Can someone just check their device manager and see if it looks anything like this?

I had that as well except I had 5. I went in and deleted all of them. I then powered off the computer. I unplugged the keyboard and waited about 30 seconds. I then plugged the keyboard back into the computer into a USB 3.0 port. I powered back on the computer and the keyboard was recognized. I left the other usb cable for the keyboard unplugged.

I only did this because I had tried several different keyboards prior to the K65 and thought that there may be some conflicts so Im not sure if it was necessary or not but I haven't had any issues since. I did not have the unknown device on the usb part though. Hope it helps.

Tried uninstalling them again and leaving the extra wire unplugged like you said and that did get rid of the unknown device thing. Still have 4 HID Keyboards though, but it works fine so maybe that's normal.

I had a problem with my lights staying on when pc is off, but it was resolved by either enabling ERP in bios or leaving the one wire out.

Issue i'm experiencing now is the keyboard being unresponsive when CUE isn't running. Like at start up, shutting down, safe mode and lighting goes back to the default red scheme.

Oh and having CUE running when starting Dead Island on steam causes the game to crash.

Bringing CUE up after the games started seems to work alright.

But yeah, the keys are completely unresponsive. Typing does nothing when in safe mode, bios or start up menu.

Also experience the same problem as other users with slow start up and laggy bios. Read its an enumerations problem. Not sure if I should return my keyboard while I can or wait and hope for fixes in future patches.

Oh and thanks for the suggestion of the default profile. I'll try it out now. Didn't notice the option in the last CUE version.

I have tried both USB 2.0 & 3.0, but still had the unknown device problem until I left the one wire out. That was the only thing that got rid of it for me.

Still haven't figured out a way to make it stop slowing down my start up and work in bios/safe mode though.

• 2 months later...

I am having this issue as well, with my Device Manager looking just like the screenshot on the first post.

I'm using two USB 2.0 connections, with pass-through connected first. Due to the space between the keyboard and my PC, as well as that fact I only have 2.0 extension cables, I cannot connect it with USB 3.0 only (Not that I've heard that fixes anything.)

Is there still a fix in the works for this? This is the most I've ever spent on a keyboard and it not working is pretty crappy...

Also, unsure if this is related, but my keyboard sometimes takes 10 - 15 seconds or more to start responding on my login screen. Does anyone know how to fix that?

Archived