Corsair Community

RGB on MSI GPU @ Computex?

solarity

On some of the Computex coverage, Corsair has a system that has a MSI GPU installed in it that seems to be controlled by iCUE. I am curious if this is just a LED stripped attached to the GPU or is iCUE controlling the GPU's LEDs? I know all the major motherboard manufactures have SDKs available for their GPUs and CPUs. For some of us that couldn't attend, it would be nice to know :)

You mean this https://trashbox.ru/files/958712_bca7db/corsaircomputex-2_2.jpg right?

It's only a iCUE-Backplate for the GPU with an integrated RGB-Strip that is controlled by iCUE.

But anyways as far as I know Corsair is closely working together with other manufacturers to steadily increase the Corsair-Lighting-Ecosystem

There was another system I saw, it was mounted in the case. I don't think it was a vertical GPU either.

Though I was curious if it was just a strip or something more...

Would also like to know if through iCUE would I be able to sync 5050 RGB strips on my motherboard from MSI? Their software sucks with only 7 colours to pick from and very little combustibility so I'll take anything at this point to just turn the brightness down.

i saw and heard mention of future compatability across many other brands RGB devices to work in iCUE, like Asus Aura and MSI Mystic light it was a video Linus sebastian from Linus Tech Tips Youtube

Would also like to know if through iCUE would I be able to sync 5050 RGB strips on my motherboard from MSI? Their software sucks with only 7 colours to pick from and very little combustibility so I'll take anything at this point to just turn the brightness down.

This will hopefully happen at some point. Though keep in mind they are going to first and foremost focus on improving, fixing bugs, and adding features for iCue. That being said I see adding such functionality will make people want buy into the Corair ecosystem. All major MB manufactures have SDK available for developers. For Gigabyte I have been assisting an open source developer in beta testing a command line tool to control Gigabyte's RGB. I then wrote a tool that uses his command line interface to change RGB profiles based off the game. That way my games I set in iCue match my motherboard headers, including my analog RGB devices. So in a way while iCue doesn't control my MB, I found another way to control my MB RGB in the same manner as iCue. This way everything matches: [ame]

[/ame]

I have improved the tool a lot since this above video.

Archived