Corsair Community

Bricked Virtuoso headset (not from flashing)

Well, I thought this headset thew every trick it could at me but I was wrong.

As I switched to speakers from wireless mode while playing Pillars Of Eternity 2, the headset refused to turn its side LEDs down. I had to go to bed so I just plugged it to charge and decided to investigate the next day. Now, the headset still has its side LEDs on and is completely unresponsive. It behaves exactly like a headset with 0% battery except that the LEDs are constantly on so it definitely has battery.

Nothing I do makes absolutely any difference in anything whatsoever. ICue does not recognize it and nether does Windows. I tried connecting it to everything and in every way and have zero success.

I upgraded the firmware a few days ago and that went perfectly fine. So what happened now ..

Clearly the firmware has crashed terribly with 0% chance of recovery. Why can't I hard-reset the thing? Perhaps using the button of the microphone? Nobody thought of that. So it seems the only thing I can do is wait that for the battery to be drained by the side LEDs? I don't want to think how long that might take. In the meantime I have no headset, naturally. And even then I can't be 100% sure that it will work afterwards.

Between this and the problems like the volume going up and down constantly I am considering sending this back for a new unity or another brand.

And a shame too, since the headset is of good build. Too bad the software team aren't pulling their weight for one reason or another...

Thoughts, condolences .. ? This has been out for a while now, guys ... it's not "bleeding edge" anymore .. cmon ..

/Vlad

• 1 year later...
Well, I thought this headset thew every trick it could at me but I was wrong.

As I switched to speakers from wireless mode while playing Pillars Of Eternity 2, the headset refused to turn its side LEDs down. I had to go to bed so I just plugged it to charge and decided to investigate the next day. Now, the headset still has its side LEDs on and is completely unresponsive. It behaves exactly like a headset with 0% battery except that the LEDs are constantly on so it definitely has battery.

Nothing I do makes absolutely any difference in anything whatsoever. ICue does not recognize it and nether does Windows. I tried connecting it to everything and in every way and have zero success.

I upgraded the firmware a few days ago and that went perfectly fine. So what happened now ..

Clearly the firmware has crashed terribly with 0% chance of recovery. Why can't I hard-reset the thing? Perhaps using the button of the microphone? Nobody thought of that. So it seems the only thing I can do is wait that for the battery to be drained by the side LEDs? I don't want to think how long that might take. In the meantime I have no headset, naturally. And even then I can't be 100% sure that it will work afterwards.

Between this and the problems like the volume going up and down constantly I am considering sending this back for a new unity or another brand.

And a shame too, since the headset is of good build. Too bad the software team aren't pulling their weight for one reason or another...

Thoughts, condolences .. ? This has been out for a while now, guys ... it's not "bleeding edge" anymore .. cmon ..

/Vlad

You worded it perfectly, I've gone through a Virtuoso SE and a non SE model since November 2019 and it's outrageous how horrible all of the software is for anything from Corsair honestly. It's sucks because the build and sound quality is probably the best I've had from any headset but whoever develops software for Corsair can't carry their weight at all. On top of that, every solution I've researched and been told to do is hopeless, so far nothing has fixed my headset. If only iCue didn't force me into updating my perfectly fine Virtuosos to a broken firmware version that completely rendered them useless.

You worded it perfectly, I've gone through a Virtuoso SE and a non SE model since November 2019 and it's outrageous how horrible all of the software is for anything from Corsair honestly. It's sucks because the build and sound quality is probably the best I've had from any headset but whoever develops software for Corsair can't carry their weight at all. On top of that, every solution I've researched and been told to do is hopeless, so far nothing has fixed my headset. If only iCue didn't force me into updating my perfectly fine Virtuosos to a broken firmware version that completely rendered them useless.

exactly. I'm at this point looking into modding my virtuosos into a tri jack configuration- so I can use them in a coaxial dac set up and bypass this horrible software altogether. I'm done. Whoever devs for them took a massive **** this time, lost a lot of customers for life.