Corsair Community

Obsidian 1000d fan wiring for 21 fans?

jdmwrxpower

Hi everyone,

I am moving from my Core P5 to a Obsidian 1000D.

I ordered the icue sp120 3packs. I am doing a double loop system.

I am doing two quad rads in the front each rad will have 8 fans.

The top will not have any rad but will have 3 fans and there will be 2 fans in the rear.

I ordered all 3 packs which come with the lighting node core and the case comes with a commander pro but I have a sinking feeling that I need more commanders for my setup. I looked at some of the diagrams and they seem to make sense. Please help with a diagram or a list of how many other commanders I will need. Thank you in advance and stay safe!

Edited by jdmwrxpower

• Corsair Employee

Wow, that's a lot of fans! Note: our RGB fans have both an RGB and a PWM connection.

The Lighting Node Core can connect 6 RGB fan headers, but does not have PWM headers. So, 3x Lighting Node Core equals 18 fan RGB connections. The Commander PRO specifically has 6x PWM headers. So, depending on what the rest of the fans you're planning to use, you may need more Fan RGB or PWM headers.

You can also reach out to our Support and they'll be happy to discuss your planned setup in more detail and see what you may need for the proper connections.

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Wow, that's a lot of fans! Note: our RGB fans have both an RGB and a PWM connection.

The Lighting Node Core can connect 6 RGB fan headers, but does not have PWM headers. So, 3x Lighting Node Core equals 18 fan RGB connections. The Commander PRO specifically has 6x PWM headers. So, depending on what the rest of the fans you're planning to use, you may need more Fan RGB or PWM headers.

You can also reach out to our Support and they'll be happy to discuss your planned setup in more detail and see what you may need for the proper connections.

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Hi and thank you. I am using all icue sp120 rgb bro. I'm a bit confused because the obsidian sometimes has 26 fans in it all rgb that I have seen in other builds. I ordered 6 3 packs which means I'll have 6 node core at my disposal. I will only use node core for the rgb and I will use as many commander pros as I need to connect all the fans for pwm control and I plan to daisy chain the commander pros. If I daisy chain them will I only need 1 usb header off my mother board?