Corsair Community

pump 0 rpm after ram swap

Myzticc

hello yesterday was my birthday and I picked up some corsair vengeance and swapped my ram before everything was working fine for over a year and a half I checked smart fan mode to make sure it was still getting voltage but it’s hard to stay in bios long I don’t want to do permanent damage my specs are :i7-7700, z270 msi motherboard ,vengeance 2x16 ram, 1080 ftw 2 ,700 w psu . like I said I have never had problems with this pump before, I changed one setting in my bios after installing the ram to allow the ram to go above the 2133 mz minimum and then just went to bed I tried changing the setting back today to see if that would work but it still was 0 rpm, edit: one of the tubes for the pump is hot and the other is ice cold if this helps anyone, any help is grateful thank you for reading. Edited by Myzticc

It looks like your motherboard might offer a PUMP_Header near the top of the board. Have you already tried using that header with the same issue?

I just tried using PUMP_fan1 and pump was still 0 rpm icue said my fans rpm was working but when I booted into bios it said both pump and fan were both 0 rpm though the fans were still spinning

The H100i v2 gets is power from the motherboard fan header, so whichever one you use needs to be set to 100%/disabled. The "pump" header suggested above should have been set that way by default, so this is looking like there is a problem with pump or perhaps the wire supplying the power. The hot/cold sections are also an indicator there is no liquid flow.

Contact Corsair Support if you are still under warranty. Otherwise, you may need to go shopping. It seems like you are at full stop and when that happens, you might get 30-60 seconds before you heat the CPU clock chamber liquid up. After one try, it will take hours to cool down. This is not a useable state.