Corsair Community

ML140 Fan: Can't control lighting and LED randomly changed color

idontwanapickle

Setup:

iCue 3.18.77

Corsair Lighting Node Pro

3x ML140 RGB Fans

Aorus z390 xtreme waterforce mobo, fans plugged directly into motherboard FANs, RGB into the lighting node pro. not using the aorus fan commander

Aorus RGB Fusion

I have a strange problem where I can't get lighting node pro to successfully control my ML140 and I'm starting to suspect this is a software related compatibility issue that I'm not sure how to trouble shoot so I am looking for advice.

Couple of things I've tried:

1. Swapped out all the fans, changed the order of the fan connectors. Same result each time. The single LED lights up bottom LED of top fan, no matter which physical fan is there.
  2. I've uninstalled RGB Fusion, removed registry key references to RGB fusion. Still same result. 1 LED lights up
  3. Uninstalled, and removed registry key references to Corsair iCue
  4. Uninstalled iCue and tried to control with LINK. Still doesn't light up LEDS

So this is where it gets really strange. I'm starting to think there is a hardware issue here and the fans are toast (they are 1.5 years old what the heck!)

In this build this one white LED is always on. See attachments. So today, after letting it sit with no hardware or software changes or messing with any other components I boot my computer from off to on...and the color is now orange.

What the heck is going on here?

1141838073_whiteLED.thumb.jpg.c6d64ca6a500225a73696fec975cb87e.jpg

1918698758_orangeLED.thumb.jpg.ebdd458573c263b00841219bd60de9c1.jpg

Contact Support through the ticket system in the links at the top of the page. The LEDs work in series, so if the LED #2 goes out, every LED after goes dark as well. However, since you have swapped fans and the condition remains the same for each fan in LED port 1 (presumably), it may be the RGB Lighting Hub that has goes bad.